RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Welcome to RRSPORT.CO.UK - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 167 of 382 <123 ... 166167168 ... 380381382>

lord Fenham

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey
Great North Run 2011

Hi All,

The Beast is going well - due a good claen this weekend as off to America (whole of California and Miami) on Thursday, and hiring a Sebring Convrtible though I fancy a Mustang.

I was caught on Air (on radio) on Gaby Logan's Radio 5 Live show at Freeman Hospital Newcastle, making a committment to complete the Run in 2011. This gives me a year and 2 days for training!, as 2 stone overweight, smoke quite a bit, and I don't do any real exercise other than play Golf.

It is for My Father's Foundation - The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, based ot the Northern Centre for Clinical Cancer Trials at Freeman Hospital. As you may know he lost his fight with Cancer; having suffered from cancer 5 times over 17 years in July last year. We have raised £2.5m in 2 1/2 years for the Centre.

My target is to raise £10k in a year, lose 2 stone and quit smoking. More details to follow next week.
Up early to drive once again to Wilts - 334 miles each way.

Fenham

-

Post #276143 Fri Sep 17 2010 5:28am
Piac73

Italy 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Hi Everybody

I'm writing from Italy and I recently became an RRS owner. It is a 3.6 td8v hse
Sorry for my english

bye RRS TDV8

Post #276184 Fri Sep 17 2010 3:17pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Welcome - your English is better than my Italian. Thumbs Up 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #276185 Fri Sep 17 2010 3:24pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

no sh** Censored Smile welcome Smile 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #276193 Fri Sep 17 2010 3:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
morteym

Norway 

XXXAngelXXX wrote:
300 kms it is Wink welcome you should go buy in Germany Smile www.mobile.de

Maybe I should check that out. I imported a BMW 323 Ci from Germany some years ago. Didn´t save that much
but the car was better and easier to find. Now, in general we pay 25% tax of the prize pluss tax calculated from
the vehicle's weight + hp/ccm or co2. Then a sertain amount of % is taken off the total prize depending on
what the year of model it is.

Anyways, are the LR dealers in Germany just as reliable as the BMW i.e? I think BMW is outstanding when it comes
to custommer service and the quality of knowledge etc is top. I took the M3 from Norway to Germany to have it
served last year to save money but most importantly to be confident the job was done properly. "I got so drunk last night I thoght the tube of toothpaste
was astronaut food"

Hartge M3 'CSL' 2003 - 360HP
Kawasaki Z750 ABS 2008

Post #276263 Sat Sep 18 2010 5:16pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

I know only one valuable LR dealer in Germany and he is like 350 kms away from my place Wink 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #276264 Sat Sep 18 2010 5:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bamber2000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Galway Green
Hello everybody, I'm new here

Hi All,

I've joined because I think I want to buy a RR Sport.

Our old Discovery (1995) has given good service and still gets us up and down the motorways, reliably and speedily. However, it's just needed a lot of welding to get it through the MOT and things are only going to get more and more expensive. It's done 102,000 miles so I'm not complaining, but it's time for a replacement.

We need a proper 4WD as we live down a farm track (not Council-owned and gritted), at 800ft in the Pennines. Every Winter there are days when only a 4WD can get out, and some Winters only a 'proper' 4WD will get through the deeper snow.

Most 4WDs look too 'flashy', 'American', or 'noddy' for my liking; IMHO Land/Range Rovers still look solid, different, and classy. But why a RR Sport? • I and my wife both like their looks. • I'm potentially seduced by the power, especially of the supercharged model. (• Not a Discovery 3 or 4 because we don't need seven seats (just the two of us plus The Best Collie Dog In The World) and my wife still hates the look of the Discovery 3 and 4.) • I don't believe that the small proportion of powerful cars in the world is a significant contributor to World CO2 emissions (I could go on but that's another, off-topic, thread). • I would hope to run a powerful car without crippling fuel costs by converting to LPG. • I'm at a time in my life when I think I deserve a luxury motor. (If anybody can think of other, good reasons that might apply, do let me know!)

I won't want to spend more than £25k and really want something with less than 25,000 on the clock. Perhaps that's a tall order, but there are a couple in classifieds on eBay at the moment that fit the bill, so it's not impossible. Having just got the old Discovery through it's MOT I'm not in a rush to buy.

So here I am, on the lookout for anybody's thoughts and advice.

Regards,
Peter RR Sport SE SDV6 (first registered July 2011)
+Keyless +Timed climate +5 cameras +Sunroof +Adaptive cruise +Rear passenger video +Remote pre-heat
+Alpine subwoofer and amplifier +Extra (LED strip) load space light

[Discovery 300TDi gone (for parts) but not forgotten]

Post #276621 Fri Sep 24 2010 5:13pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Bamber welcome - The RRS is a great looking car, it's handling is superb and it's a truly great 4x4. If I were you I'd buy a D3/D4!!!! Why? Because of your dog - whilst there is enough room in the boot of the RRS the Discovery has so much more and for a big dog that's important. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #276622 Fri Sep 24 2010 5:28pm
bamber2000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Galway Green
Dogs in LR/RR

Thanks for your reply, Very Annoyed.

In our venerable '95 Discovery The Best Collie Dog In The World (TBCDITW), who's only medium-sized, travels in a good-size plastic dog basket carefully wedged on the rear seat behind the passenger. (Also, she wears a safety harness attached to the rear seat belt.) TBCDITW thinks it's a great place to be as she's close to her 'pack', can see between the front seats to keep an eye on traffic (but is an excellent back-seat driver as she never barks anything), and has a chance at the occasional Pringle from the passenger.

The upshot of this is that the load space is free for suitcases, camera gear and assorted gadgets (oh, and of course an LPG tank, or the spare if said tank should go in the wheel well).

The other reason for not going D3/4 is my wife's "it looks like a hearse" and "it looks like a van", etc. I could live with it myself, but she has a point.

Regards,
Peter RR Sport SE SDV6 (first registered July 2011)
+Keyless +Timed climate +5 cameras +Sunroof +Adaptive cruise +Rear passenger video +Remote pre-heat
+Alpine subwoofer and amplifier +Extra (LED strip) load space light

[Discovery 300TDi gone (for parts) but not forgotten]

Post #276625 Fri Sep 24 2010 6:19pm
M4CES

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Hi thought i'd say hello

I;m Aaron, from Kent - i just purchased a 55plate RRS Supercharged (not picked it up yet) black with black leather.

Got a few things planned for it like full Revere HSR kit and wheels.

I really would like a lowering module but want it to be adjustable if i want to raise it to off road setting too - is this possible ??

Post #276629 Fri Sep 24 2010 8:29pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Aaron you need to change your name to Sexy Aaron. Wink Welcome 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #276631 Fri Sep 24 2010 8:49pm
M4CES

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Very Annoyed wrote:
Aaron you need to change your name to Sexy Aaron. Wink Welcome

whats that about ?? is this a newbie joke i dont understand yet ??

anyway thanks for the welcome

Post #276633 Fri Sep 24 2010 8:54pm
JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Very Annoyed wrote:
Aaron you need to change your name to Sexy Aaron. Wink Welcome

Laughing Laughing Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Welcome Aaron, dont worry the jokes not on you, hang around in the madhouse long enough and you will find out Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #276634 Fri Sep 24 2010 8:59pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Laughing Laughing Laughing welcome Aaron ! Smile 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #276647 Sat Sep 25 2010 6:24am
n8ckh

Hello, I'm in the market for a RRS in the near future after I decided that my Audi a4 cab is getting on a bit.

Bar the difference in engine/performance between the 4.4 HSE and the Supercharged editions, what are the asthetic differences?

Thanks

Post #276806 Tue Sep 28 2010 8:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 167 of 382 <123 ... 166167168 ... 380381382>