RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > [FAQ] WARNING - DOES YOUR FRONT SUSPENSION KNOCK?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 21 of 32 <123 ... 202122 ... 303132>

trinrr

2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

I have a problem with my RRS where I get a knocking noise and a feel from the front tyre like the wheeel is warped. if I stop and start again or accelerate the feeling is gone. Is this the same problem that is discussed on this thread?

Post #210811 Wed Feb 11 2009 1:10am
Frozen of Wiltshire

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue
doesn't sound like it..

The knocking suspension problem I had was continuous at low speeds (up to about 20mph) and worse on bumpy roads, less bad on smooth roads. It went away when driving at speeds faster on smooth roads, and starting/stopping had no effect at all - the problem was always there when moving. Sounds like you might have a wheel alignment, balance or suspension fault of a different type so guess you'd best have it looked at by your dealer. Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE, Buckingham Blue with Ebony Black
Defender 90 TD5, Tonga Green

Post #210922 Wed Feb 11 2009 4:37pm
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black
Re: doesn't sound like it..

Frozen of Wiltshire wrote:
The knocking suspension problem I had was continuous at low speeds (up to about 20mph) and worse on bumpy roads, less bad on smooth roads. It went away when driving at speeds faster on smooth roads, and starting/stopping had no effect at all - the problem was always there when moving. Sounds like you might have a wheel alignment, balance or suspension fault of a different type so guess you'd best have it looked at by your dealer.

Yes you too have the diseased RRSport like the rest of us. You have described exactly what I have had for almost three years - it gets worse over time and feels like the front wheels are actually going to fall off!

Welcome to the world of an RRS! It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #211541 Sat Feb 14 2009 12:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Frozen of Wiltshire

temporarily sorted

yep, but fortunately dealer has (temporarily?) sorted mine - new bushes apparently and its great now. Will probably get another 5 or 10k miles out of it before needing another tweak - but it'll be service time by then so probably just add a new set of bushes in each year it gets serviced to keep it quiet.... Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE, Buckingham Blue with Ebony Black

Post #211551 Sat Feb 14 2009 1:23am
Peter

Re: temporarily sorted

Frozen of Wiltshire wrote:
yep, but fortunately dealer has (temporarily?) sorted mine - new bushes apparently and its great now. Will probably get another 5 or 10k miles out of it before needing another tweak - but it'll be service time by then so probably just add a new set of bushes in each year it gets serviced to keep it quiet....

Yes, that's quite true and I pleased that you are satisfied with that as a solution for vehicle of such high value.

Maybe you won't be so happy when the ball joints go as well (which is likely). Three sets of bushes in three years and now a set of lower ball joints too. Oh did I mention the three sets of front tyres in 38k miles too? Oh, and did I mention it still rattles!

My brother (an ex- BMW X5 owner) says that LR should be paying me as they have the car more than I do! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Post #211565 Sat Feb 14 2009 9:16am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Frozen of Wiltshire

Yep - have read the forum and see what's going on. Still, got a good price on it and still have a few years warranty to cover tweaks. I guess I'll be pretty seriously annoyed in a few years if it keeps going wrong like yours (which I know is almost certain to happen) - but have had a few Porsches previously and one of them had more than it's share of issues too so nothing's perfect. Porsche however were fabulous on the service front and fixed everything without hesitation. My local LR dealer so far has been doing the same so maybe thats the best one can hope for with any vehicle. Anyway, at least I didn't buy it new and lose 50% of its value in the first 18 months AND have problems. Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE, Buckingham Blue with Ebony Black

Post #211603 Sat Feb 14 2009 12:21pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

All,

If it irritates you that much, get pro active and stop all the whining on here (myself included). Without sounding like a parrot as per previous posts - the only action is action. Plenty of lost chances with the protest action scheduled, re-scheduled and attempting to schedule again.

Remember the facts:

There is NO FIX.
There is NO forthcoming FIX.
The bushes will wear within 2k miles (avg)
Your "premium car" will be back and forth to the dealers umpteen times, dependant on miles
My third leg has been likened to an anaconda (oops, wrong forum). LR are to blame, NOT your dealer
Aside from this, the RRS is actually a very good car
The end. Very Happy L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #211698 Sun Feb 15 2009 12:56am
symsey

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi i am new to the forum. Am about to buy an 8 month old TDV8 (08 reg june 08, 9000 miles) from a dealer. Having read these posts i am seriously concerned that i am buying a car that has a serious design flaw. Is this knocking only an issue on older models? I haven't test driven it yet as it has been sourced direct from land rover, but what should i look out for?

Many thanks

Post #212355 Wed Feb 18 2009 11:02pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Some do, some don't.........if it isn't now, it may later.

I'm afraid its a lottery and has no bearing on age of vehicle Big Cry

You will know if it has it from birth.......believe me..........shameful.

Good luck with your choice. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #212375 Wed Feb 18 2009 11:50pm
Peter

I know I'm being lazy but what was the outcome of the poll to take direct action? It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Post #215852 Sun Mar 08 2009 2:40pm
jimmyboy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

HI All,

I think im suffering simmilar symptoms to what has been described here. Car has less than 3k miles on it...Crazy!! I already have sent her back before for multiple warnings, loose drivers seat. all seems quite silly for such an expensive car.

do any of you know if anyone has had any luck returning the car as "unfit for purpose"?? I was thinking of maybe doing this and trying to do a deal to pay a bit more and upgrade to a FFRR.

Any info much appreciated.

Rgds
james. 09MY RRS TDV6 HSE

Post #215974 Mon Mar 09 2009 11:39am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Peter wrote:
I know I'm being lazy but what was the outcome of the poll to take direct action?

As with a lot of these sorts of polls, it's easy to voice an opinion and get irate. Less straightforward to organise the masses to take part in something. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #215996 Mon Mar 09 2009 1:02pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

You can say that again shmoogle.................

" "

Whistle Big Cry L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #216137 Tue Mar 10 2009 12:51am
DJH

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

trinrr, I have had these same symtoms for the past couple of weeks. Took to the dealer yesterday and they said "no problem , the ball joints need changing but it's all covered by the warranty" and I've dropped it back today for them to (hopefully) sort it - Fingers crossed!?!?!

Post #216188 Tue Mar 10 2009 11:15am
Peter

Been there seen that - they did the lower ball joints at Christmas - now its knocking again!

I bloody give up! I was going to buy the V8 or the Vogue but not now.

But this guy didn't give up - he got his money back for Disco 3 from hell! http://landrover.haveyoursay.com/

Mike Mulholland's (of LR fame) email address on this site doesn't work! It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Post #216537 Wed Mar 11 2009 10:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 21 of 32 <123 ... 202122 ... 303132>