RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > [FAQ] WARNING - DOES YOUR FRONT SUSPENSION KNOCK?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 22 of 32 <123 ... 212223 ... 303132>

C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

James, I broke down on the way from dealer with a brand new car and did not get money back or new car. Big Cry There are some guys on the forum with even serious issues (suspension problems) taking LR to court.
But really doubt that they will be looking to do it for "knocking" an issues that most people have on RRS (luckily I must say I do not have that problem yet).

Looking at it more positively, according to one source from LR, the idea of the "green oval" is to keep close to the customer, which by constant visits to dealers they are really doing... Rolling with laughter

Completely agree with WW and smhoogle, we need to do something an stop crying about it Thumbs Up

Post #216541 Wed Mar 11 2009 11:10pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Well I've had the new design bushes fitted front and back now. Driven it for a few days and all is quiet Bow down Bow down Bow down TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #219180 Tue Mar 24 2009 4:05pm
Leo

Kenya 

nice one Thumbs Up

I've heard the 2010 RRS has an updated DR system, hopefully they'll start retro-fitting those if problems persist.

Post #219183 Tue Mar 24 2009 4:15pm
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black

Mine was like that for the first few days with the old style bushes freshly fitted but that was the problem - after then it all went pear shaped again.

My car currently feels like it has no shock absorbers fitted - when I go over a bump in the road the dashboard creaks and the suspension bangs

This is interesting too. I called my contact at LR Customer Loyalty two weeks ago having sent him an email and got no reply. His email has "permanent fatal errors" (is a deleted account) and his phone number is dead (disconnected). Do I smell LR cost (staff) cutting?

Maybe people would continue to buy their beautiful cars if they would only be honest and engage seriously with their customers instead of treating them with complete contempt! It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #219484 Wed Mar 25 2009 10:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Leo

Kenya 

Peter wrote:

My car currently feels like it has no shock absorbers fitted - when I go over a bump in the road the dashboard creaks and the suspension bangs........

Get the new bushes. If it's still like that, could be the shocks (depending how old yours is) - someone on Disco3 had exactly the same problem as you do.

Post #219488 Wed Mar 25 2009 10:23pm
AudiRoyal

Czech Republic 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I have 1 very important question:

TDV8 and Supercharged RRS have Dynamic Response (DR), right?

Do all these cars who have DR have the same knocking problem?

If not, does anybody on this forum have DR and no problems?

If yes, cannot they just figure out why some are good and some are bad?

Thanks

Post #222021 Sat Apr 11 2009 7:26pm
symsey

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

this issue seriously worried me to the extent that i nearly didn't purchase a range rover sport. am pleased to say that i am now the very happy owner of a TDV8 MY08. this was a fleet car from land rover (purchased from stratstone mayfair) and after 2 months driving i have to say that overall i am very pleased with the car. to answer you're question the car has now done 11000 miles (including recent trip to switzerland skiing) without any evidence of knocking noises. the only issue i have noticed is drivers seat movement, as documented in other posts, which i hope to get sorted at first service.

by the way this forum is excellent and a great resource!

Post #222035 Sun Apr 12 2009 12:24am
AudiRoyal

Czech Republic 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

symsey wrote:
this issue seriously worried me to the extent that i nearly didn't purchase a range rover sport. am pleased to say that i am now the very happy owner of a TDV8 MY08. this was a fleet car from land rover (purchased from stratstone mayfair) and after 2 months driving i have to say that overall i am very pleased with the car. to answer you're question the car has now done 11000 miles (including recent trip to switzerland skiing) without any evidence of knocking noises. the only issue i have noticed is drivers seat movement, as documented in other posts, which i hope to get sorted at first service.

by the way this forum is excellent and a great resource!

Thanks for your input. We have a good RRS here. I think if you have faulty DR after 2.000 miles you start to hear knocks when you turn the steering wheel from left to right or vice-versa at low speeds, which apparently is not your case. After 7.000 - 10.000 miles when you drive on bumpy roads you will hear knocking from your front suspension, which evidently you don't have a problem with. I had RRS 08/2008 "New" and after 2000km the car started to knock, I sold the car in January.

Why don't they simply take a car with good DR and with bad and see the difference.

Post #222041 Sun Apr 12 2009 7:05am
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
And the problem goes on in May 2009 - or does it?

Hello there, my ten penneth on this as a newbie Evil or Very Mad

I started a thread yesterday as a newcomer on just how bad Guy Salmon of Coventry (GSC) really are but today’s events got very technical so wanted a bit of input from the ‘experts’ (the dealer is still rubbish).

The car was taken in by tow truck after I reported a large banging sound under the passenger foot well. You could feel it on your feet when sat there.

We had this two weeks ago and the answer then was to change the bushings associated with the front anti-roll bar (or so they said). It seemed to work but 10 days later, back it was again but louder on Sunday this week.

Land Rover Assist collected the car and off to GSC they went.

Get’s a call this morning to say the car is fine and we have a Technical Bulletin to tell you why this is acceptable – it is to do with hydraulic hammer in the Stability Controls Razz

I can hear you laughing now and I have read the threads below associated with these issues.

Not happy says I so rang LR Customer Care and asked them to describe this noise associated with the hydraulics. Can be heard in the cabin says he. But my noise is under the car and in one place, not everywhere.

Question – When I bought the car I was told by the salesman that Stability Control only fitted to TDV8 and Super Charged engines – not TDV6? GSC techy said all RRSports have it regardless? Is that true?

LR Customer Care said that would get useless dealer (my words) to carry out further checks and some whizz from the factory would speak to them now. A few hours later the report was that some anomalies had been found and were being addressed but they would not say what.

I have just collected the car and whilst I have not hammered the car on the B roads yet, but the noise appears to have been abated?

What have they been up to? Why did they think a photocopy of a TB would get rid of me this morning? What have they since done – could be absolutely nothing as they will not say?

Gordon Bennett this is frustrating.

Time for a beer I think.

In the morning we will mail (recorded delivery) a letter to GSC asking for our money back for the advance service agreement which we paid up front (£1,500 for 2 cars). They are not having the car(s) back now or at any time in the future. We will go elsewhere. Perhaps the dealer at Hinckley or even Derby Pride Park?

That’s it for now – I need to lye down Rolling Eyes Smoke me a kipper: I'll be back for breakfast.

RRS HSE TDV6 gone after 15 months since new - will not be missed I'm afraid - bit of a gremlin in there somewhere - too many issues. Replaced with FFRR Vogue TDV8 - very nice - not as sporty (of course) but absolute luxury.

Post #226830 Wed May 27 2009 6:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRS-Mark

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Another Newbie here - my 57plate TDV6 is in today for the 5th time to look at suspension knocking in the last 6 months...I've had new bushes, new ball joints and redesigned ball joints. The 'redesigned' ball joints did reduce the noise but it soon returned after approx. 2-3,000miles.

The last time it went in about 3 weeks ago they called me to say the car was ready and they'd found the problem to be a loose floor pan due to a broken clip!

I told them how nervous I was that they believed the noise, the one I've heard for 6 months, was now a broken clip but the assured me that they had tested the car and all was fine; that worried me as I've heard that every time I've had it back before. Guess what, here we are again!

We let them know today that we expect this to be fixed or we'll be having a very different conversation...I'll keep you posted on how we get on.

Post #227158 Tue Jun 02 2009 2:27pm
RANGE_LOVER

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Censored Mines been in and out the dealer and now i have taken the vehicle to CHPR i know they will fix it. Thumbs Up

Post #227171 Tue Jun 02 2009 8:13pm
RRS-Mark

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Wife picked up the RRS today after the 5th visit and it looks like we're good to go; got some information off another thread about tech bulletin 204v3 and gave the wife the details to ask a few loaded questions when she picked it up. Fair play without prompt the dealership said they had completed the recommendations as per the latest TB and mentioned some of the updates around clamps etc. Fingers crossed let's see how we go.

Post #227174 Tue Jun 02 2009 8:50pm
vagabond

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

I have an RR Port S/C late 2005 model.The steering knocking, on mine sounds like a pair of bongo's doing their thing! The issue didn't rear it's head for the first 6k miles or so but despite umpteen efforts with main dealers and some very good guys at JE Engineering, where I had a very successful lpg conversion (contact me for feedback if interested) it's still there and bloody annoying.My steering column also suffers from a slight shimmy despite expert wheel alignment and a dull but noticeable resonance that creates a tingling in the hands on long journeys.

Track rod end bushes have been replaced several times and one main dealer actually said 'the salt on the roads in winter may have caused it'....can you believe it? The USA RR website, where they are traditionally less polite than we as a nation, major on the issue and have even printed a LR Dealer Technical Bulletin on the subject.

Such a shame, a great car in most ways but I'm bored with the issue now!

Post #227440 Sat Jun 06 2009 3:58pm
richard37

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

hi all i am new to your forum i have the same problom with mine rrs 2007 i was looking on the web for more info and came across the

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/motoring/articl...aults.html

Post #228626 Sat Jun 20 2009 8:30am
RANGE_LOVER

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Knocking Noise cured!!

Big thanks to CHPR

Post #228924 Wed Jun 24 2009 11:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 22 of 32 <123 ... 212223 ... 303132>