RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > What is the correct gallery pressure on L320?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Greg_B

Poland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
What is the correct gallery pressure on L320?

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone could advise me on the correct gallery pressure on L320? I've done some readings with my scanner, and my truck shows approximately 97 kPa gallery pressure with the ignition on. After starting the engine, the pressure rises to about 700 kPa and then begins to decrease. After several minutes, it stabilizes at 97 kPa. When raising the truck to off-rode it goes up quicky, gallery pressure goes up for about 1 minute to round 1750kPa, then it drops down quicky to 97kPa. I have no errors in RLM. Is this the correct behavior?

Bests
Greg

Post #644271 Mon Sep 16 2024 7:59pm
erickwan

Malaysia 

Sounds about right, without having the Workshop Manual in front of me.
The gallery pressure is only high when the reservoir tank is being filled and the pump is running, or when air is released from the reservoir to supply the corners.

At all other times, the gallery is kept at a relatively low pressure so that the pump does not have to work as hard against a high gallery pressure while starting up. You can hear a puff just before the pump starts up, and just after it stops.

Post #644275 Tue Sep 17 2024 3:06am
Greg_B

You explanation looks reasonable, but the question is why after starting the truck the compressor kicks on for some time? Might it be becouse the car is leveling itelf in the night? But the gallery pressure in the morning is almost the same as in the evening the day before...

Do any other L320 owners experience the same with comressor starting to work after starting the cat in the morning?

The 4x4 info screen shows the car is leveled in the morning but I have an imression that it slighly goes up after engine is on. I need take a deeper look at that and measure car hight at wheels after swithing it off and then next morning

ps The user/workshop manuals I have do not explain this situation...

cheers
Greg

Post #644283 Tue Sep 17 2024 6:27pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

My compressor kicks in every time instant the car in the,mornings. The car will sit level after being parked up and locked,,, but will only level down not up so there is a good chance you at be below normal height. Hence the reason it raises when you first start in the mornings,, will also depend on what surface you're parking on,,, it being level or not.
I think your worrying about sometningthat isn't a problem. 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #644284 Tue Sep 17 2024 6:51pm
Greg_B

Many thanks! As I'm ownig my RRS only for 5 months I'm still in the process of learning that car... BTW truck parks in the garage with quite level surface

Greg

Post #644286 Tue Sep 17 2024 7:06pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

Mine is usually parked in the garage on a good level surface but if I leave it for a day or two I can see the front raising when I start up. One of those things you will get used to during ownership.

Start worrying when coloured light start appearing on the dash! 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #644287 Tue Sep 17 2024 7:21pm
Greg_B

Talking about coloured warning indicator lamps, yes, in the morning when starting the engine I got DSC warning with warning message for a second but it is gone immediately. It pop ups usually after the car stays overnight. After driving it for some kilometers and when starting engine it is usually not showing up. I'm suspecig the battery as my trips are quite short and need to make some more observations.

Greg

Post #644289 Tue Sep 17 2024 7:41pm
erickwan

Malaysia 

Greg_B wrote:
You explanation looks reasonable, but the question is why after starting the truck the compressor kicks on for some time? Might it be becouse the car is leveling itelf in the night? But the gallery pressure in the morning is almost the same as in the evening the day before...

Do any other L320 owners experience the same with comressor starting to work after starting the cat in the morning?

The 4x4 info screen shows the car is leveled in the morning but I have an imression that it slighly goes up after engine is on. I need take a deeper look at that and measure car hight at wheels after swithing it off and then next morning

ps The user/workshop manuals I have do not explain this situation...

cheers
Greg

It will run as soon as the car is started since the system will release any residual pressure in the gallery, then pumps up to recalibrate itself.

Post #644293 Wed Sep 18 2024 1:42am
Greg_B

I see, thanks. So to gallery pressure at 97-99 KPa during the ride is something in range and there is nothing to be worried about, right?

Post #644294 Wed Sep 18 2024 8:25am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Mine runs every time I start the car. When I park the car, turn off the engine and then lock the car, the car drops a fraction (with a little "puff" noise) and this is then reset to normal height when the engine starts. That means the compressor runs.

Is that normal? No idea. But it's happened on both of my L320 so I guess it is. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #644295 Wed Sep 18 2024 9:40am
Greg_B

Great, I notice the same "puff" with mine, so it looks it "works and designed".

Post #644296 Wed Sep 18 2024 10:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1