RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Normal Height / IEB Random Error
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Karlp606

Normal Height / IEB Random Error

Hey guys over the last few weeks I’ve had the IEB unavailable and Normal Height Only available erron come on screen over the last few weeks. So no cruise or suspension change, so I thought has my compressor gone but after turning car off and back on I can move suspension up and down etc no errors, I then thought my car is quite dirty could it be a sensor blocked that controls the IEB - had car cleaned then today it pinged up again , again parked up car off and back on all fine. I’ve got no stored codes - has anyone else had this issue with it been the compressor starting to go , I’m just not sure why after restarting the car it works fine :/

I love a new Range Rover issue to investigate lol!

Post #643552 Thu Aug 01 2024 6:19pm
Karlp606

Just to further this , this is only happening on short journeys which makes me think its a battery issue?
My AUX battery is completely dead as the start stop has completely stopped - could this affect any modules?

Can you swap out aux batteries also?

Post #644157 Mon Sep 09 2024 11:11am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It would certainly be worth checking the state of the batteries. You say the stop-start battery is dead - have you checked it? If it is dead (and batteries don't last forever) then changing it would be the only solution. And then look after it.

Likewise the main battery - check it and if it's very low (and these cars don't like low batteries) then charge it and see if things improve. Again, might need a new battery if it's a few years old and, as it sounds like, it's been sat at a low charge for some time.

Short journeys are not good to batteries in cars that have a lot of electrical load going on - and the RRS does have a lot of load.

If you do regular short journeys, invest in a smart charger and use it regularly e.g. every weekend, to keep the battery topped up and healthy. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #644158 Mon Sep 09 2024 11:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1