RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Low battery warning on screen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRSSDV8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Buckingham Blue
Low battery warning on screen

Does anyone else get this message on the screen after they have been washing the car for a couple of hours. I know I had the doors and tailgate open a few times, but the audio system was off, I never have that on while I am doing it. I suspect its just a Land Rover thing as my Freelander does the same. It seems ok after a drive to work this morning though?

Post #642632 Fri Jun 14 2024 11:24am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It's a JLR thing, seems to be triggered when there is the smallest voltage drop. Unfortunately it tends to mean you ignore it which makes it rather pointless! 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #642633 Fri Jun 14 2024 11:41am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

My old L320 has done the same thing for as long as I can remember, as said I just ignore it cars never failed to start and current battery must be nearly 8 years old now.

Cheers
Col

Post #642639 Fri Jun 14 2024 10:39pm
RRSSDV8

Thumbs Up

jimbg wrote:
It's a JLR thing, seems to be triggered when there is the smallest voltage drop. Unfortunately it tends to mean you ignore it which makes it rather pointless!

Post #642735 Wed Jun 19 2024 7:51am
RRSSDV8

Thumbs Up

Col wrote:
My old L320 has done the same thing for as long as I can remember, as said I just ignore it cars never failed to start and current battery must be nearly 8 years old now.

Cheers
Col

Post #642736 Wed Jun 19 2024 7:52am
pjbracer1

England 

It is a JLR thing but it will be becuase the BMS thinks the main battery is voltage is low.

If you do small short trips quite often it will never be enough to top up the main battery in comparison to what was used to crank the diesel but also run the AC and other things like cooled seats and fridge etc... so it will take a while to top up whats been used, so after a few short trips the battery will be in deficit and over time batteries will lose amps as they do nto like being in a low state of charge for very long.

If its older than 3 yrs, give it a good full charge and it should be ok but be prepared to swap it out (easy job, i wrote a guid on here for doing them)

Chances are it might still be the original and it does all come down to driving style if you do lots of mileage on long over 30mins trips then it might never be an issue but if you have done a few local short trips and in this currnet weather or in winter when the ac is in full use the drain on the battery is quite high (you may also of noticed the Auto start stop hasnt kicked in for a while too! This is often due to a low battery (it will show as disabled on the dash) or just becuase the demands on lecy are too high so the car stops it form kicking in.

Barrty Group do cheap batteries deleivered around £150 much cheaper than a local shop so swapping one out is a no brainer. and in summer the demands will be higher as AC will be at full chat and probbly the fridge getting used

If doing a battery changes its well worht getting a ctek MX5 charger and some quick connectors so you can plug in an ctop up when its not in use. Mine is in the garage most of the time so it plugged in.

I fitted quick connetors to the main battery in the boot (needed a ctek extension so I could put the connector just at the edge of the boot tray. then another quick connetor on the aux battery in the boot.

And another connector on the jumper posts on under the bonnet (had to make them a bit longer so I could poke the connector out under the where the wipers are to save having to pop the bonnet all the time.

The connectors have very short cables! 30cm

hope this helps If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #642857 Wed Jun 26 2024 10:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1