Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 13 <123 ... 678 ... 111213>

Tim oop north

Just seen on pistonheads there allegedly a 5% ish price rise happening tomorrow

Post #632130 Tue Apr 04 2023 4:23pm
RedFiveRRS

United Kingdom 

It’s already happened.

I placed order 23rd March, increase was 1st April.

Post #632132 Tue Apr 04 2023 7:12pm
Cornwall Smudger

United Kingdom 

Tim oop north wrote:
Just seen on pistonheads there allegedly a 5% ish price rise happening tomorrow

Hi all,

I placed an order for the RRS in September 22. The finance agreement APR was fixed at 6.9% APR. I was told this would be locked in until the delivery of the vehicle. After several month of waiting and two APR increases and a price rise for the vehicle, I enquired about the latest monthly payments. My quote has significantly increased (over a 1/3 in monthly payments). I queried the significant monthly payments. I’ve recently found out that the initial finance quote is only valid for two financial quarters, the quote is now at 8.9% APR.

Basically the salesman at the dealer, is a liar. As much as I want the new RRS, I’ll probably cancel my order due to be messed around by Land Rover and total disregard for potential customers.

For all you people still waiting, if you’re purchasing your next car on finance it may be worth checking the latest quote. I’m sure many of you will not be impressed about the hefty price rises, let me know your thought.

Post #632312 Thu Apr 13 2023 5:40pm
RedFiveRRS

United Kingdom 

With the order book full or almost full for 2023 I think LR are basically just taking the p, as they can.

I'm waiting for my salesman to come back to me with revised lease. (2 emails and a phone call not returned).

Looking at Nationwide Vehicle Contracts they are quoting £1250 + vat per month on my spec and lease terms which would be a 25% increase over the quote I have from LR when I ordered (£990 + vat on p440e Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, privacy, clearsight and premium cabin lightling).

If it is a 25% increase I'll cancel. Plenty other nice machinery I can get for £1k + vat per month.

Problem is the depreciation values have not factored in yet so while price rise was *just* 5% if future value is still the same then the difference affects your PCP or lease amount.

The insurance situation concerns me too. Still can't find any quote below £2k (current Discovery p300e is £450, 25 + yrs no claims, no convictions rural Northumberland).

Post #632315 Thu Apr 13 2023 5:59pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Two price increases since launch without any updates in spec or MY so i understand the upset.

My spec today would cost £7500 more than when i ordered luckily i have my car and only paid the first increase like many others which was £1200

PCP rate today would also be 3% higher

GFV would be £900 less.

Im not even happy with the car so im glad im not paying the extra for it but thats going off topic.

Post #632350 Fri Apr 14 2023 8:26pm
sam97

United Kingdom 

sam97 wrote:
Ordered a RRS P440E Autobiography in May 2022 and still don't have a build date.

My LR dealer recently informed me that the SV Bespoke 22" 5131 wheels and the forged carbon finisher are causing delays. They advised that I should remove these options to stand a better chance of getting a build slot. However, I am reluctant to start changing the specification after waiting for so long with no news.

Also, has anyone else noticed the significant price hike this week? According to the online configurator, the RRS P440E AB has gone up around £5000 (on top of the £1200 last summer). I just hope this price increase won't apply to outstanding orders! Shocked

I have received notification that my RRS order is now slotted. The car will be built in July and delivered towards the end of August. Smile

The 22" 5131 wheels and forged carbon finisher are still on the order form so it seems that holding out for my original spec has paid off.

Post #632395 Sun Apr 16 2023 4:38pm
bimjim

United Kingdom 

bimjim wrote:
My P440e Dynamic SE now has a build slot and is pencilled in to land at the dealership around the middle of June. By the time I get it, it'll be almost exactly 12 months from ordering.

A quick update on my order today... still on track to be with me by the end of June.

Post #632419 Mon Apr 17 2023 4:08pm
R22Flyer

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

My Dealer does update me every 6 weeks by video message, only to saying its in the pool awaiting a build slot

Ordered in June 2022, P440e Autobio, was £103k now £109k not happy they have done this but also getting an insurance quotes of £2800 with Greater London postcode,

Should I down grade to a Velar or Keep the current P400e RRS still getting quotes of £1500 for the insurance.

waited nearly a year so far for the RRS, the velar you can choose your deliver date of Dec 2023 Tesla Model Y - 2023
RRS 3 Autobiography P440e 2023 - Order Cancelled
RRS Autobiography P400e 2020 - White
Bentley 2008 Arnage 6.75L V8 - Fountain Blue
Lexus NX300h 2019 Red - Sold
Lexus RX450h 2016 Red - Sold
RRS HSE MY12, SDV6, Orkney Grey - Sold
RR Evoque, Prestige Lux, Owned 1 week and Gone
Lexus RX450h, Silver
BMW X6, 3.5D Red, LOL
RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Post #632449 Tue Apr 18 2023 8:17am
RedFiveRRS

United Kingdom 

>>>update

I've cancelled. Sad

Dealer came back with a 19% increase on my order. Can't / won't explain why list price went up by 'only' 5% yet lease goes up by 19% in less than a week.

So £980 + vat becomes £1170 + vat. As there is at least a year before delivery it feels like the price could be whatever they wanted so I'm not taking that risk.

I've been talking to Audi for an e-tron GT at similar list at £95k (very different car admittedly), lease at £1k + vat on same terms and they have a price guarantee that the price on order is the price you pay no matter the delivery time.

I don't understand how someone can enter into a contract and not know what they will pay a year down the line unless they are David Beckam and aren't bothered.
bothered.

Post #632478 Tue Apr 18 2023 1:40pm
Cornwall Smudger

United Kingdom 

I don’t blame you.

I’ve had a P440E Dynamic SE on order since September, since placing the order the price has gone up nearly 6k. The PCP costs have gone up by over a third, as the original finance quote is only valid for 2 quarters.

Like yourself I’m about to cancel the order. The new BMX X5 will be in the showroom shortly, probably be a more reliable car with superior build quality. Let’s wait and see.

Post #632483 Tue Apr 18 2023 3:52pm
rsr

United Kingdom 

Just had an update from the dealer, they are waiting for a list of orders that will have to be re-slotted to the new MY. Given I'm in the holding pool with no sign of a build slot the wait is only going to be longer I expect Sad

Post #632843 Wed May 03 2023 2:44pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

They're certainly building RRSs - I see plenty on transporters going down the M40/A34 to the docks for export. I guess that's the problem - exports possibly more profitable for LR? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #632857 Thu May 04 2023 9:44am
mikef

United Kingdom 

Very likely. With the value of Sterling having been bombed out since 2016 it has to make sense to export to those markets where the currency is relatively stronger rather than sell into the UK market, especially in those markets which are bigger than the UK (ie USA). In any case looking at the latest UK export figures we need every export we can get Smile

Post #632990 Wed May 10 2023 3:31pm
Tomtom87

United Kingdom 
Aug 22 order for Aug 23 delivery (P440e Dynamic)

Interesting to hear how many people have got their order within 12 months. I’m currently 9 months in and should be getting a build slot in the next month (fingers crossed). However, I’ve not seen many posts with orders in Jul/Aug 22 and successfully getting build slots around now. Anyone ordered there’s around the same time and had a build slot?

I was about to cancel my order due to the price increase and poor customer service, but worked out i could save £400pm on my ‘updated’ pcp deal (went from £650 to £1000pm inc VAT after price rise) by releasing equity in my house at c.4% (vs 8.9% JLR Finance). Would recommend that option to those that are considering cancelling their order, as long as it doesnt impact your LTV too much. I would look at this option for all future car financing, as long as the depreciation isn’t too steep and you have a chunky deposit.

Post #633139 Wed May 17 2023 8:58pm
Zapp79

United Kingdom 

As you've ordered a PHEV version, not a chance on this earth, if my experience is anything to go by.

I ordered a p510 FE in very early May 22, still no build date, still no firm indication of how much the car will cost, but I have been told that it isn't price protected.... although the last 'update' that I dragged out of the dealer indicated that "there was some price protection, but no confirmation from JLR as to how much that might be". Useless. Although, apparently JLR have committed to build all FE, and they will be MY23?!

Interestingly, if you take a little look at the latest aerial shots of the factory on google maps, the stock yard appears to be full of FFRR and RRS, to the point that they are stashed outside in every spare bit of space they have available. It has been suggested to me that these are all new cars, missing various bits and bobs and awaiting parts so they can be sent out. Chances are, many orders are already built and sitting outside the factory (parked on a roadway or next to the scrap yard/bins etc) with half a dashboard or something.

Post #633142 Thu May 18 2023 12:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 13 <123 ... 678 ... 111213>