RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Park assist failiure... and memory seats !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Park assist failiure... and memory seats !!

Just missed reversing into a lamp post .... park assist didn't go off... missed by an inch... at least the reversing camera worked and I caught it at the last second..... would have been at least a new rear bumper... lets just say i wasn't reversing at a cautious speed ..... who needs to with park assist... amazing how trustworthy and reliant we become on technology...
Thats the second time... it happened once a couple weeks ago but thought it had corrected itself... obviously not....

Anybody else had this problem... is it common...????

Also find my memory seats... more often than not ...... are very forgetful.......

Anybody with that one ???

Not seen a post on those two before... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #333957 Sat Feb 25 2012 10:49pm
scott7

Scotland 

My memory seat stopped working occasionally for a bit, dealership couldn't find a fault but it stopped doing it, that was over a year ago and its been perfect since.

Post #333976 Sun Feb 26 2012 6:47am
alanad

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

This probably isn't the answer for the park assist, but worth a go. You didn't have your music turned up quite loudly? I did this the first time I reversed and almost went into a tree - in my jag the volume on whatever you were playing muted so that you could hear the park assist beep, in the sport this doesn't happen! So if your music is too loud you won't hear the park assist and might think it hasn't come on. 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey with contrast Santorini Black Panoramic Roof, lunar interior, privacy glass, upgraded Meridian system, cooled 18 way front seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, large screen wash bottle.

Gone: 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black, Ivory/Lunar interior, grand black lacquer finish, HK Logic 7.1 Surround, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, heated steering wheel.

Gone: Jaguar XF Luxury, Pearl Grey, Dove Interior

Post #333978 Sun Feb 26 2012 11:17am
Mr H

England 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

I've noticed that if you rather hurriedly put the car into reverse and start moving instantaneously then sometimes park assist doesn't engage.

This is particularly prevalent when you roll up to a space,and select reverse without quite stopping. Try it when you know you can hit anything and you'll see what i mean, worth checking how your car reacts (or rather doesn't) so you're aware of how the system behaves Shocked Have i got the busted controller?!?!!?

2009 RRS TDV8
Santorini Black
Ivory / Anigre
Privacy
DVD & TV
Side Steps

Post #333990 Sun Feb 26 2012 3:17pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

have you considered reversely, slowly? Whistle ============
2010 TDV8 HSE - ooo laa laaaaaaaaa
2007 TDV8 HSE - superb car and very reliable
============
2012 - dearly departed, sadly missed.. to return in late 2013 with a new TDV8!

Post #334052 Mon Feb 27 2012 12:26am
andman

RRSboy.... perhaps you can teach me how to "Reversely" ??? Embarassed

it's a warning system.... its the job it's designed and supposed to do.....Warn you of objects you might not have otherwise seen......
That's like saying to someone who's cruise control malfunctions...... have you tried driving with the accelerator
Or if you don't know your indicator light and brake lights arent working..... Did you use hand signals and wave a red flag.... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #334254 Tue Feb 28 2012 3:22pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Haven't had the issue with the Parking Sensors but on a couple of occassions when I have started the car my driver seat has decided I am actually a 2ft dwarf and therefore raised my seat and moved it forward to such a degree that I became far more intimate with my steering wheel than was healthy Confused 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #334255 Tue Feb 28 2012 3:53pm
andman

Endjin wrote:
Haven't had the issue with the Parking Sensors but on a couple of occassions when I have started the car my driver seat has decided I am actually a 2ft dwarf and therefore raised my seat and moved it forward to such a degree that I became far more intimate with my steering wheel than was healthy Confused

Yup... had the same thing.... arms bent.... legs bent.... chest against the steering wheel..... thankfully it stopped then...
My kids were rolling about laughing at me !! Rolling with laughter 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #334257 Tue Feb 28 2012 4:07pm
Beancounter_74

England 

^^^ Had that happen once so far, a little disconcerting as it presses you towards the steering wheel Laughing
Seems to have behaved itself ever since so I wondered if it was me accidentally hitting the wife's setting button, but I don't recall doing that tbh Confused

Not had a reversing sensor issue. ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #334264 Tue Feb 28 2012 4:22pm
rrsboy

andman wrote:
it's a warning system.... its the job it's designed and supposed to do.....Warn you of objects you might not have otherwise seen...

it's a reversing aid actually - it's designed to aid you in reversing safely, the pre-requisite of which is doing so at a cautious speed Whistle

if when driving with ACC you still wallop into a concrete block that happens to be in the middle of the carriageway, the fault only lies with one party (and it's not the box of electronics)

Whistle ============
============

Post #334295 Tue Feb 28 2012 6:55pm
andman

The very simple point that seems to be escaping your breadth of understanding IS ... cautious speed or not... as the case may be....the bloody thing didn't go off Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Warning system/ reversing aid.. no matter.. it's semantics.......
To correct another of your your inaccuracies it is actually Park Distance Control and it failed to warn me of an object I had not seen in the dark

With regard to the block of concrete.... a blinkered person will say the fault lies only with one person.....
whereas in fact it may well also lie with the moron who left the concrete in the middle of the carriageway in the first place !! Whistle Whistle 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #334302 Tue Feb 28 2012 7:54pm
rrsboy

no, I speak from experience. Sometimes the second or so delay between engaging reverse and the camera image appearing/the PDC engaging means I have to reverse using mirrors and my brain. Sometimes even when reversing at just 3 or 4mph the speed at which it goes from beep beep to BEEEP, or yellow to orange to red on screen, is very quick. The front sensors even more so. I haven't crashed yet - remarkable. While going forwards, sometimes the ACC can't react quick enough and I have to (shock, horror) control the car myself. Again, haven't crashed yet.

Fortunately LR have taken care of people of your... disposition.. with fairly lengthy statements in the manual, protecting them from any kind of blame chasing litigation for what amounts to plain bad driving. Actually it's because of borderline moronic discussions like this that the same manual carries warnings about having to still control the car when cruise is engaged Shocked

It doesn't sound like there is any fault with your system. I can see what nearly caused you to crash - you were driving too fast. Backwards.

But there we go, horses for courses Whistle ============
============

Last edited by rrsboy on Tue Feb 28 2012 8:24pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #334305 Tue Feb 28 2012 8:18pm
rrsboy

andman wrote:
With regard to the block of concrete.... a blinkered person will say the fault lies only with one person.....whereas in fact it may well also lie with the moron who left the concrete in the middle of the carriageway in the first place !! Whistle Whistle

driving with due care and attention is a foundation of modern, safe driving technique

consequential loss (blame allocation) on the other hand..... Whistle ============
============

Post #334306 Tue Feb 28 2012 8:20pm
andman

i shall end this topic with 2 things....
Firstly you were not there... you have not inspected my car...and you make many Ass umptions Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Secondly post away.. You are clearly an officious moron.....you really should spend some more time with all your friends at the sheep counting society.... they miss you .... good night...xxxx 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's

Post #334336 Tue Feb 28 2012 9:46pm
rrsboy

you get angry real quick, you probably have issues

my 'ass umption' was to read your own words, in your original post

"lets just say i wasn't reversing at a cautious speed .....who needs to with park assist... "

but never let the facts, or intelligence, spoil a good rant. Hey look you even called it 'assist' yourself. Neat.

Whistle ============
============

Post #334338 Tue Feb 28 2012 9:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>