RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > DVD in Motion NO BULL!!!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRS Craig

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
DVD in Motion NO BULL!!!!!!!

Ok after looking around a well known london firm which im sure you will all know (ends in letter e) have given me a price £350 plus vat for tv in motion (front seat passenger) Please anyone that can offer positive insight/advice forward a message. Thank you Censored Censored RRS

Post #305440 Thu Jul 07 2011 10:12pm
oldcro

Scotland 
Re: DVD in Motion NO BULL!!!!!!!

RRS Craig wrote:
Ok after looking around a well known london firm which im sure you will all know (ends in letter e) have given me a price £350 plus vat for tv in motion (front seat passenger) Please anyone that can offer positive insight/advice forward a message. Thank you Censored Censored

You missed out "and driver" in your brackets.

Post #305446 Thu Jul 07 2011 10:54pm
The Kergan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Nara Bronze

IMHO I would not have it done, I think it is dangerous and I also think if the rozzers see it working while you are driving then you would be nicked. 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Post #305449 Thu Jul 07 2011 10:59pm
RRS Craig

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
DVD

Why do they call you OLD CROW, why dont you just have the old balls to say what's on your mind re the brackets? If I could get the dual view I would which is not available, I would however like to present a fellow front seat passenger with the opportunity to watch tv, other than at traffic lights? RRS

Post #305451 Thu Jul 07 2011 11:22pm
oldcro

Scotland 
Re: DVD

RRS Craig wrote:
Why do they call you OLD CROW, why dont you just have the old balls to say what's on your mind re the brackets? If I could get the dual view I would which is not available, I would however like to present a fellow front seat passenger with the opportunity to watch tv, other than at traffic lights?

Firstly the name is oldcro Thats CRO or Control Room Operator which was my last job, not CROW. Although I will crow on about it until you see sense.

Secondly a screen showing video-in -motion which is visible to the driver is against the law. Read the Highway Code and consider other road users for a change, if you knew someone who had lost a loved one because a driver was watching TV at the wrong moment you might realise how dangerous it is.

Post #305453 Fri Jul 08 2011 12:14am
Siberianfox

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Oldcro +1 If your passenger is that hell bent on watching TV then put rear screens in the head rests and let them be chauffeured round properly.

Imagine if your in an accident and the police seize your vehicle and even if the crash is not your fault. If they find the DVD in motion unit you will be charged.

Whilst not wanting to put down anybodies ideas and anyone wanting to make their car individual, you have to think of the safety aspect. In my old FFRR i had the split screen and to be honest I hardly used it.

Sorry to seem like a bore Foxy x Smile

Post #305458 Fri Jul 08 2011 3:14am
robmeister1969

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I agree that it's dangerous to have tv in motion. However, having had TV in a BMW I do think it would be better if the screen would stay on when the car is stationary (or up to speeds of say 5 mph) as when you're stuck in traffic it's a pain to have to pull up the hand brake and then wait say 3 seconds each time for the screen to flick back on.

Post #305466 Fri Jul 08 2011 7:23am
Siberianfox

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Dazear....Whats your view on this Rolling with laughter Smile

Post #305469 Fri Jul 08 2011 7:42am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I suppose it's how sensible one is when driving

I can have my iPhone playing movies in its car holder and charger, in surround sound it great for when your in traffic

But to have it on whilst driving is a distraction, even when driving in a jam, traffic moves you whizz forward as you haven't noticed it move, and a good bit of the movie comes on, you glance down to see Megan Fox bouncing whilst she runs for cover in slow motion and you will forget that the car in front has stopped and all he'll breaks loose when you jump on the breaks

I speak from experience Embarassed

Post #305481 Fri Jul 08 2011 8:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1