RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Rust
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kevinlagan

Northern Ireland 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Rust

Anyone had any problems with rust on the bodywork? I have noticed a small patch on the driver's side front quarter panel (just above the mud guard). My car is 2005.

Post #295752 Tue Apr 12 2011 11:46am
Bradders

United Kingdom 

I had a small patch of rust, about as big as a 50p in exactly the same spot. Turned out the RRS had been repaired following a fairly big accident - new wing, bonnet, drivers door skin. I rejected the car and the dealer took it back. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #295760 Tue Apr 12 2011 12:03pm
mse

United Kingdom 

6 year anti-corrosion warranty, might be worth a try Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #295856 Tue Apr 12 2011 10:57pm
wr74

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

hi, am new to this forum, but have recently discovered lots of tiny rust spots (pinhead size) on virtually every panel of my white RR sport. Am currently in consultation with Landrover dealership, who dont seem to be taking it very seriously, but we suspect a paint failure of some sort. Has anyone else had any issues with Rust spots like this? thanks

Post #297477 Wed Apr 27 2011 2:00pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

wr,
i had this problem with a white car before, which is why i was reluctant not to get a white RRs although i think they look great in white!, the spots were indead all over the car but you could only see them up close, it turned out it was just all sorts of crap in the rain that oxidised and made the car look like it was rusting., i had to use a fair amount of elbow grease and t cut to get rid of it - hopefully yours is just the same
cheers
dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #297478 Wed Apr 27 2011 2:23pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

my white one shows tiny orange spots too

Click image to enlarge

it could be iron/organic particles caught on the surface of the paint which can be removed by use of a product called CarPro Iron X

When sprayed on it goes purple when in contact, dissolves away the deposit and leaves a nice clean panel, though the product does stink a little of rotton eggs its well worth the cost

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #297480 Wed Apr 27 2011 2:29pm
mse

United Kingdom 

codfather wrote:
wr,
i had this problem with a white car before, which is why i was reluctant not to get a white RRs although i think they look great in white!, the spots were indead all over the car but you could only see them up close, it turned out it was just all sorts of crap in the rain that oxidised and made the car look like it was rusting., i had to use a fair amount of elbow grease and t cut to get rid of it - hopefully yours is just the same
cheers
dave

You got it - i noticed a few, which i removed with my nail...the supaguard and autoglm protection polish do stop it bedding in and make them easy to remove - but i would be they are just that.

Trust me...in all the LR colours I've had, i would go white any day of the week - i nearly became suicidal with my black one! Green one i just stopped caring, blue one i sold it...its not just land rover, both the VW and Ford in the fleet are similar Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #297525 Wed Apr 27 2011 11:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1