RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Safe as houses!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Steuart64

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey
Safe as houses!

Was driving back north last night on the M90 and just after the long curved descent, about 3 quarters of a mile before Junc 9 and I was moving back to the inside lane after over taking and a massive pothole came out the mist in between the two lanes.

The RRS took a jump up and to the left and then setlled down to a lot of juddering and shuddering. Drove quite stable and I cruised to a halt half a mile from junc 9. Got out to see the LHS hissing and steaming like a scene from back to the future and saw both tyres were flat. Rims looked ok in the dark.

Called LRA and AA Came 1 hr 40 minutes later (not too chuffed with that as on embankment of a busy motorway in freezing weather) and Alex drove me and RRS back to Aberdeen. Waiting on LRA TEch this morning to see if any additional damage.

Cant praise the RRS and the tyre (Hankook Ventus ST - 275/40/R20 106W) enough!

All in all arrived home safe albeit shaken and schtirred Miss Moneypenny!!!! Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Audi A4 Cab 3.0TDi Quattro
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #284324 Thu Dec 30 2010 9:48am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Mate, you're very lucky and I'm glad you're ok.

Was only saying this morning how bad our roads are compared to rest of western europe.....have you thought of reporting it to the highways agency and getting details of their insurance??

Post #284329 Thu Dec 30 2010 10:07am
Steuart64

Thanks Nick

Been in touch with my Ins broker who has a notification line. Went through all the details to be told by the operator to call my insurers direct and go through it all again as they woulldnt have the details forwarded.

I pointed out how inefficient that was and as a policy payer that was paying for that inefficiency. Reply? "thats just your opinion sir"! At least she said sir Rolling with laughter

No wonder premiums are through the roof!

Talked with insurer and stated replacements could not be found until after the New Year but as a reasonable course of action I had obtained cheap summer tyres to get me to work etc and would get my proper replacements in the New Year which he accepted. I now await the claims dept call back. Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #284349 Thu Dec 30 2010 12:34pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

mate is it really worth going thur this with your own insurer? surely better to just pay for the tyres yourself and keep your insurance clear frok a claim and excess etc....

Post #284352 Thu Dec 30 2010 12:53pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

sounds like you have a lucky escape, could have been different in a low slung sports car Thumbs Up

Have a look at the potholes thread, theres a website on there on how to claim off the highways agency

Insurance maybe the easier way if there is any damage to the car, but if its just the tyres then with the cost of increased premiums and insurance rising anyway it might be cheaper to dig deep

or contact Kam100 and buy a tyre insurance policy for the next time, saved me 200 sheets this year Mr. Green

Post #284353 Thu Dec 30 2010 12:59pm
Steuart64

Looking at around £550 at present if no car damage but will get the legal cover to kick in and sue for that amount. If there is more damage then full insurance job. Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #284357 Thu Dec 30 2010 1:19pm
muffd

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Steuart
I just sent you a PM

Muff If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Java Black HSE TDV6 O7, alpaca, FF sunroof, adaptive Xenon headlights, SC grill, black privacy glass, clear indicators, tow-pack, colour-coded all black.Gone, but forever in my memory. Until my new one comes...
In the stables:Mercedes CLK 230K Cab W208; BMW 318d; VW Golf (LHD) 1.6 SE in Spain:New RRS to come soon...

Post #284360 Thu Dec 30 2010 2:32pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Blimey, Glad you are all ok. 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #284362 Thu Dec 30 2010 2:54pm
Rislar

England 

Shocked Thats shocking, could have been far worse bud, glad your ok! If it aint broke leave it!

MY 18, Autobiography
MY 05, 07, 10,

Post #284363 Thu Dec 30 2010 2:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mak

Scotland 

That descent can be a pain most of the time, but especially so in winter. Glad you're ok, the M90 is bad at the moment for potholes, southbound heading to Edinburgh being the worst.

Post #284364 Thu Dec 30 2010 3:18pm
Steuart64

Cheers for the kind thoughts to all.

I am glad I was taking it easy but the car jumping shook me a bit. But when it landed it was fine until the air escaped.

Got the tyres back an hour ago and the holes are about 2cm wide in each tyre. Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #284372 Thu Dec 30 2010 5:21pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

B Censored s

Makes me so angry considering the amount of Dick Turpin tax we pay for the B Censored y roads Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

With regards Potholes, I wish you the best of luck with claiming if indeed you decide to go that way. I had exactly the same, albeit on a minor road, cut a long story short, what a waste of time. Started claim Jan, did 3 lots of paper work for insurer, council and court (they contested it) and to top it all after forking out £40 to take them to court, they requested another £40 to proceed to a judgement date!!!!! All in all, £80 to be told that they no doubt had done everything in their power to ensure the safety of the road, something their asses are covered by within the Road "F Censored k the drivers" act of 1806 or something or other.

For a tyre costing £180 I gave up (which they probably expected).

God love Hampshire County Council, the bureaucratic T Censored s L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #284437 Fri Dec 31 2010 6:07pm
Endjin

Scotland 

In Scotland the minor roads are under the control of the Local Authoroties but, Motorways & Trunk Roads are the
resposibility of the Scottish Government and the contract for maintenance is currently with Bear Scotland. You will probably have to claim against their insurance. Worth remembering that they will always say No the first time, as most people give up at that point. It's always worth not accepting that first rejection. worked for me a few years ago! Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #284538 Sun Jan 02 2011 5:30pm
Mak

Scotland 

I live next door to someone who works for Bear and he says they're run off their feet fixing them. I do believe him as they are getting filled in; slowly. Although my Aunty was going along a road near Kirkaldy and ran into a pothole filled with water. Her back tire got ripped to peices. Not sure whats happening with her claim as It's not my buisness, but as far as I'm aware not a lot has happened Rolling Eyes

Post #284552 Sun Jan 02 2011 8:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1