RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Don't the dealers want my money??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

pistebeast

United Kingdom 
Don't the dealers want my money??

Hi all, Tried to post this before but site played up, so apologies if this appears twice. Sorry about long post but thought I would tell you of the trouble i'm having, trying to get dealers to take my money, lol. Decided at beginning of June to buy a RRS-TDV8 HSE, went to local dealers in essex (starts with an L) thursday afternoon so nice and quiet, was ignored so picked up a brochure and walked out, picked my spec and went back on Sunday and after waiting for over 30 minutes eventually saw someone, was told that they were dropping the TDV8 and there was an embargo on info 'til July 17 for MY11 - okay says I and left him with all my contact details - heard nothing to date!. Subsequently decided that perhaps I would look at the supercharged model (I like big engines!! boys toys). Eventually phoned another dealer in essex (starts with an S) he told me embargo 'til mid august - no, say's I, was mid July and told him about new colours and dropping of TDV8, Oh well, he says, there's no change to the supercharged - okay, say's I, will try to pop in later in week (thinking - do I want to deal with someone with no product knowledge - nah!!). Now thinking that perhaps I should look at FFRR TDV8 SE but will I get the same treatment or do I look at a Q7 or GL Merc or Cayenne S or even an X5, call me old fashioned but if I'm spending this sort of money I expect to be given info and a bit of selling of the car. As a footnote...on the same thursday we walked in to an Audi dealer, totally different experience, he didn't know if we were tyre kickers, looking at 2nd hand or even what model but he was right on the ball, bless him, and we came away after ordering 'er indoors a TT. Anyway sorry again for the long post.

cheers

pete

Post #272925 Tue Aug 03 2010 6:06pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

And if by magic James will appear!

Wait a while and a great dealer will respond. Some say he eats Audi's for breakfasts whilst balancing 4 wheels on his head - we just call him James! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #272927 Tue Aug 03 2010 6:11pm
pistebeast

United Kingdom 

Blimey! sounds like the stig....... Rolling with laughter

cheers

pete

(off to the pub............SIL's birthday)

Post #272928 Tue Aug 03 2010 6:15pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

James is the daddy.

Post #272929 Tue Aug 03 2010 6:34pm
Lookers Park Royal

Please can I have your money? Whistle

Drop me an email with your contact details and I'll make sure you're looked after! I'm off on holls tomorrow night (again I hear you all say Rolling Eyes ) so it would be nice to get the ball rolling with one of my team before I go.

James Thumbs Up

Ps Dealer in Essex starting with an L..........? Whistle

Post #272935 Tue Aug 03 2010 7:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
Please can I have your money? Whistle

Drop me an email with your contact details and I'll make sure you're looked after! I'm off on holls tomorrow night (again I hear you all say Rolling Eyes ) so it would be nice to get the ball rolling with one of my team before I go.

James Thumbs Up

Ps Dealer in Essex starting with an L..........? Whistle

More holidays than Thomas Cook Whistle

Post #272940 Tue Aug 03 2010 7:58pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

James on holiday again Shocked

I bet your more tanned than that orange David Dickinson fella Laughing

Post #272943 Tue Aug 03 2010 8:28pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Laughing for the first time i have to agree with VA but James is your man Pete Smile Thumbs Up 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #272983 Wed Aug 04 2010 6:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

James, Matt and the team at LPR aren't the RRSport.co.UK dealership of the year for no reason, no othe dealership comes near them for helpfulness and trying to get you the best deal, if they can't work out a deal for you then contact Kam100 but James is the man. Peter I live in Scotland and today collect my 2nd purchase through Lookers Park Royal - it's well worth the 3/4 tank of diesel it costs to come south for the hugely superior savings I can make buying down here compared to the uncompetitive dealers in Scotland who simply will not negotiate on price 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #272995 Wed Aug 04 2010 8:38am
pistebeast

United Kingdom 

Hi All, Thanks for the comments.....and I can confirm that, last night, I sent my contact details to James and this morning received a phone call from Matt, will be meeting him on saturday and can hopefully spend some money. Shocked

Obviously, a deserved reputation at LPR and already a better experience - if a deal can be done I hope to join you all here soon.

cheers

pete

Post #273026 Wed Aug 04 2010 2:00pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Thumbs Up should have asked before Wink 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #273037 Wed Aug 04 2010 2:51pm
pistebeast

United Kingdom 

Hi All,
Thought I'd better post an update............Not long got back from an appointment with Matt at Lookers Park Royal and I can see that they totally deserve all the accolades, Was given a test drive in a TDV8SE and shown all the bells and whistles.....luvved it!!! Matt was very knowledgable about his product and a pleasure to do business with, 'er indoors decided she liked the black with ivory (womans perogative - she's been through every colour combination and model that LR do!! - wouldn't mind but she's got her own car!!! Oh well can't live with 'em etc) Anyway the upshot is I've gone over to the dark side and ordered a FFRR TDV8........Matt, apparently on instructions from James, worked me out a deal that I was happy with and I pick the car up on Sept 1st.
Thanks, to all the forum members, for your help and I s'pose I should really be on the FFRR forum but if you don't mind I'll pop in here now and again for a look around.
Another vote for Matt and Lookers Park Royal.

cheers

pete

P.S. the dogs gonna love having 2 DVD screens to watch!!!!! any suggestions for films suitable for a Jack Russell. lol

Post #273332 Sat Aug 07 2010 8:17pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You will love the car, just changed my Stornoway RRS Tdv8 HSE (you may have seen it on the forecourt if they haven't sold it yet as I collected my FFRR from matt and James last Wednesday) for a Tdv8 Vogue, Stornoway/Ivory/Privacy/Tow Pack - it has all the good bits of the RRS and adds extra comfort and quality. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #273335 Sat Aug 07 2010 9:58pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

like i said, "James is the daddy" Cool Cool Cool

Post #273336 Sat Aug 07 2010 10:02pm
JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Glad you got sorted Very Happy Knew lookers would get you what you wanted Smile Smile MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #273339 Sat Aug 07 2010 10:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>