RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > My new TDV8................ :-))
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
My new TDV8................ :-))

OK so it's not an RRS but it might just become a FA57 RRS Mr. Green

Yesterday I was in London and dropped by at Lookers Park Royal to sign some papers and to get some photos of my new ride. Excuse the poor quality of the photos but they were taken on my iPhone. Thanks to James, Matthew and Barry for their help over the last few days................ and before the sharp eyed comment, YES I know it has a few miles on it, it is afterall 3 months old and late of LPR's demo fleet, but I really couldn't afford a brand new 2010MY TDV8 RRS to replace the current one. Apart from not having a chilled cubby box there are things on the new car I have never had on a car before, like hybrid TV, park heat, heated steering wheel, sunroof and privacy glass, I can live without the chilled cubby box as although it ran most of the time I rarely actually used it. The new car doesn't have RSE, wouldn't want it as I rarely carry rear seat passengers and only occasionally get driven in my own car, although I will now have to get a TV licence just to watch telly in the car as I don't have a telly in the house!

Prepped and waiting for Wednesday

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The front interior through the side glass
Click image to enlarge

Driver's side
Click image to enlarge

Front from the rear - the third remote handset is the Park Heat controller
Click image to enlarge

TFT screen saver for the dash
Click image to enlarge

The virtual dash - must say that it is much clearer and better presented than any of the similar info screens we have on the ship, but then most of them are on 46" flat screen monitors! The warning in the middle of the screen is telling me to press the brake pedal and push the start button to fire it up! It doesn't have keyless entry (I still have to press the unlock on the fob) but it does have keyless ignition
Click image to enlarge

My drop plate detachable towbar modified for a Pendle Bike rack, it's been in the back of the garage since 2005 waiting for a new RR to go onto! It weighs a tonne too!
Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat Jul 31 2010 10:28am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #272657 Sat Jul 31 2010 9:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wackyjim

Scotland 

Very Very Nice!!!!! Tim....I too have been looking at an ex demo FFR( great deals just now pre-new model) as I just can't get comfy in the RRS put it down to seat cushion being too short and not giving enough under thigh support which is causing aching pain down right leg Big Cry ...Hope all goes well with the big daddy!!!

Post #272658 Sat Jul 31 2010 10:08am
Misery

United Kingdom 

Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Great choice Tim really really nice. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #272659 Sat Jul 31 2010 10:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Thanks guys. Jim, there are some exceptional deals being done on run-out / ex demo FFRR's at the moment, it's the only reason I have for changing away from the RRS. If you are seriously looking James has a Santorini TDv8 Vogue SE as well that is on the demo fleet......................
After the TDv8 Sport, while the TDv6 is nice it is very expensive for what you get and once you've had a TDv8 the TDv6 just isn't the same................. even though in the FFRR the TDv8 has a lower output than in the Sport and it is slightly slower 0-60 it's still the Big Daddy. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat Jul 31 2010 10:26am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #272660 Sat Jul 31 2010 10:21am
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Really nice car, Tim and a beautiful interior. Bet you cant wait to pick it up! Thumbs Up FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #272661 Sat Jul 31 2010 10:24am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Looks a great car

And in my opinion better Buying demos as you save a fair bit and get a nicely spec'ed car

Post #272662 Sat Jul 31 2010 10:33am
Tim in Scotland

Thanks mate.

If anybody is looking for a low miles (29000) nearly 3 year old Stornoway TDV8 -2007 MY first registered October 2007, ebony with Straight Grain Walnut timber, clear side repeaters, recent new suspension bushes, new tailgate release, driving light kit, rubber boot mat, single towing electrics and body colour mirror caps then LPR will be getting mine in on Wednesday..................... private plate is available separately if anybody wants to buy it 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #272663 Sat Jul 31 2010 10:37am
wackyjim

Scotland 

Hi Tim...Went back to Cupar earlier this week but all they had was a 2006 S/C although nice its not what I'm looking for so didnt hang about..Perth have an ex-demo Vogue MY10 in Santorini/Ivory for about £63K looks nice with quite a few extras, unfortunately didn't have time to test drive it and was frightened to ask what my car might be worth Shocked Shocked I really like my RRS apart from this unbearable pain on any journey of more than 15 minutes.. but sadly can't see a sensible road out just now ...certainly from a financial point of view...feeling a bit down about things to be honest Sad Sad

Post #272664 Sat Jul 31 2010 11:20am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Thumbs Up Nice one Tim

I think i'll be going FF next time - we shall have to see ..... enjoy !!

Post #272665 Sat Jul 31 2010 11:41am
Lookers Park Royal

wackyjim wrote:
Perth have an ex-demo Vogue MY10 in Santorini/Ivory for about £63K.

I have a new unregistered one in that combo (only 1 left) which we could try to get to the same figure. If you want to PM me the details of the current RRS then I'll give you a rough idea of the figure to change........

May not be as bad as you think! Whistle

James Thumbs Up

Post #272666 Sat Jul 31 2010 12:38pm
Lookers Park Royal

Tim - Just spotted the fuel guage! Rolling Eyes Right, where's my hose pipe and jerry can!! Whistle

See you on Wednesday for the big day!

James Thumbs Up

Post #272667 Sat Jul 31 2010 12:42pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

CONGRATS MATE ! Bow down you see the light now Twisted Evil Thumbs Up soon we will rename this forum into FFRR Wink i hope you bought the white chinos ? Cool 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #272668 Sat Jul 31 2010 12:49pm
Tim in Scotland

I'll check the gauge before I take the car James!
Jim, you really should have a chat with James - he's looking for a good used TDv8 RRS for his forecourt after they sold the Stornoway HST!

Angel Thumbs Up 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #272669 Sat Jul 31 2010 1:37pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

James is already on the case Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #272670 Sat Jul 31 2010 1:47pm
SachaR

Italy 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Bow down Bow down Bow down

Bunch of sell outs Whistle all leaving for the big daddys! RRS TDV8 HSE 2007- JAVA Black/Black interior,
UK BMW M3 CSL SB- now sold
1968 Innocenti mini

Post #272676 Sat Jul 31 2010 3:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>