RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > So ........ where have I been and what have I been up to ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345

Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Rolling with laughter You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #121421 Thu Jun 28 2007 11:06pm
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Sorry Martin, I'm drifting off topic. Off Topic Wink MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #121428 Thu Jun 28 2007 11:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Be my guest Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #121438 Thu Jun 28 2007 11:16pm
Gordon Brown

Scotland 

Young man, think of the environment before you purchase such an eco-unfriendly vehicle. I will save the world from Global Warming because I'm a bigger Super-Hero than that idiot Blair!! Whistle The Back-Stabbing One-Eyed Jock!

Post #121454 Thu Jun 28 2007 11:33pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

MDP looks good, although the Q7 being an Audi doesn't have the best residuals.. will report tommorow morning, from previous quotes i've done though, they do fall quite hard.. just to give you some warning..

RRS SC is an awesome car and even though you paid top wack for you'rs being an SC, it will be hard to beat.

I know of 4x Black TDV8 HSE's in stock with £1k off list, UK LR supplied sitting there right now, if interested? Preferential exchange on the SC too? i.e. match you're Pex prices on the Audi?

The 3.0 TDI engine, does it really go that well.. our A8 is ok.. but it runs out of puff very quickly at the top end, my 335 would eat it for breakfast, as it would an A5 3.0 TDI at those speeds too.. now a 4.2 tdi quattro in the A5.. that would tick all the boxes and i would have my name all over it.. but alas.. Audi aren't that kind..

Post #121461 Thu Jun 28 2007 11:39pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Don't tell MDP that please Kam Shocked
I am banking on him buying that lovely black Q7, losing £25k in a year and then I will buy it off of him Razz

Seriously MDP go with your heart, as you say the interior is fantastic on the Q7 and after all that is what you end up looking at for most of the time.

Post #121477 Fri Jun 29 2007 7:49am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Kam's TDV8 offer is tempting.... you'd stay in an RRS and we wouldn't be able to take the pi** out of you for having to fill up every 5 mins! Thumbs Up

I'm sure the Q7 is "nice"... but give me an RRS over that (only really to be eclipsed by the FFRR in luxuriousness stakes). But if I wanted an SUV that I could hoof, I'd be looking into the new X5 - although granted not such a good value proposition as the RRS.

Difficult choices... Confused 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #121487 Fri Jun 29 2007 9:59am
Brian Mason

shmoogle wrote:
Kam's TDV8 offer is tempting.... you'd stay in an RRS and we wouldn't be able to take the pi** out of you for having to fill up every 5 mins! Thumbs Up

I'm sure the Q7 is "nice"... but give me an RRS over that (only really to be eclipsed by the FFRR in luxuriousness stakes). But if I wanted an SUV that I could hoof. I'd be looking into the new X5 - although granted not such a good value proposition as the RRS.

Difficult choices... Confused

I'd keep the RRS over a Q7.., but the Q7 IS still a sexy-looking vehicle and it would certainly be top of list I if were ditching the Rangey.

The new X5 is too similar to the old X5. Seen them on the road, close-up and got the brochure, but not different enough to immediately distinquish and the old one had just become a bit common and boring. That one's off the list, certainly until the Sport version arrives.

Still a difficult call for MDP though!!! Whistle MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #121517 Fri Jun 29 2007 11:58am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

The plot thickens.............. the Q7 is no more, after much deliberation and soul searching I just simply couldn't justify sitting in something i thought was fugly from the outside - no matter how great I thought the interior was !!

The sport will be 2 yrs old when it goes - new car arrives in Sept/Oct .......... Its been great fun despite the constant need for fuel !

I just like driving ...... and something different to drive adds to the enjoyment - simple as that really Confused

I agree the 3.0tdi in the Q7 is guttless - the engine to go for is the new 4.2tdi or even next years V12 tdi .... now that's something worth keeping an eye on.

I will let you know more soon...... TTFN Whistle 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #121662 Sat Jun 30 2007 1:04am
Brian Mason

Sounds like you're going to be walking then MDP? Rolling Eyes MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #121668 Sat Jun 30 2007 2:47am
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

MDP has seen the light Idea

Does it have to be an SUV??? some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #121684 Sat Jun 30 2007 8:02am
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry I wanted your Q7 in a years time Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #121707 Sat Jun 30 2007 9:35am
Brian Mason

Never mind Cliff, you can now have his new pedal bike instead! Whistle MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #121727 Sat Jun 30 2007 1:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345