RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Towing with RRS HST P400
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

W5RAY

United Kingdom 
Towing with RRS HST P400

Hi all, just bought (last week) a RRS 2021 HST P400 - chose this one for the colour, the interior and also the mileage, only 15k. Unfortunately you never get everything on the wish list and this didn't have the electric deployable towbar. Not going to pay £3500 for JLR to retro fit one either. So purchasing a Towtrust Detachable Tow Bar for the L494 - ref. TLAN3VK and to be fitted this Saturday by a professional company. Total trust in them as they fitted the same tow bar to my previous Mercedes ML. They update the RRS module so it all works correctly.
The car came with Trailer Stability Assist and electrical towing preparation.
My question: is the Trailer Stability Assist the same as Advanced Tow Assist ( I have Terrain Response 2 with Dynamic Program on the car with rear camera and 360 parking aid)? In the RR Exterior Optional Features it lists the Advanced Tow Assist but only available with Terrain Response 2 with Dynamic Program and Surround camera???
Confused a bit?
Anyone know what the difference between the 2 Assist's are?
I'm towing an 8m 2.4m wide caravan with 2000kg plate weight.
If there is a difference, is this just a software update? and if so, where can I get it done? (apart from JLR)
Thanks

Post #643603 Mon Aug 05 2024 8:42pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Trailer Stability Assist is part of the standard-fit stability control. Basically, if your trailer starts to snake, the system will use the car's brakes to counter the movement and regain control. At least, that's my understanding of how it works.

Advanced Tow Assist uses the rotary controller on the console to steer the car and trailer when reversing. So you use the camera view on the screen and turn the dial left if you want the trailer to go left on the screen. The car then turns the front wheels appropriately. It means that people don't have to learn how to steer the car in order to reverse (as we know, it's a bit different from just reversing the car alone).

I would guess Advanced Assist is purely software as it's a cheap option at build time (if you have the rest of the required bits already fitted). 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #643615 Tue Aug 06 2024 9:16am
W5RAY

United Kingdom 

Very Happy
Thanks for your reply.
Cool, I have the one that I want on my car so that's good and the ATA - well, I can reverse the caravan so not required. It's like Park Assist - had it on my ML but never used it as I can park my car adequately. Thanks again for the info, appreciated.

Post #643617 Tue Aug 06 2024 11:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1