RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2016 MY17 SDV6 questions on service and noise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

John1311

United Kingdom 
2016 MY17 SDV6 questions on service and noise

So I haven't been here for a while as my last sport engine blew, and I lost faith the sport and went for a Velar First Edition. Very nice but due to a number of reasons I found the sport easier to get in and out of with a back injury so bought another one.

Two questions if I may.
1. it has done 126,000 with full history, belts changed, new rear diff etc. The chap I bought it from said he had just done the oils and filter, but I checked with my local main dealer and they advised the 128k service (which would be next) is a major one at a cost of 1k. Looking at the service pdf online at Range Rover, they mainly look to be checks, and also pollen filter and fuel filter; as the oils have been done - am I missing something here?

2. I drove the car home over 300 miles with no issue, and have been driving for a week, and I am noticing what I can only describe as a different noise coming from the rear (a sort of feint grinding/rumbling) which is not bad, but just a different type of noise from my previous sports (allbeit a couple of years ago). As this has the high/low transfer, is this just a characteristic of this car that I have forgotten about -as obviously there 4x4 in velar is totally different. Im wondering if im worrying a little too much after my last one blew up.

Many thanks for any thoughts. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV6 autobiography (MY17)
2017 Range Rover Velar First Edition SDV6
2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography 4.4
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Luxury Black

Post #642802 Mon Jun 24 2024 12:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1