RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2018 Range Rover Sport HSE P400e Charging System Fault Detec
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BM

Ireland 
2018 Range Rover Sport HSE P400e Charging System Fault Detec

Hi, I hope you are all keeping well and might be able to give some thought to my problem.

3 weeks ago my Zappi charger stopped charging my car signalling an 'output fault' (pic attached) Fast forward to today when they replaced it and immediately it started singling the same fault. My immediate reaction was that It was the car now with the fault but when plugged into a neighbours car, it wouldn't charge either...

Later this afternoon - CHARGING SYSTEM FAULT DETECTED - (pic attached). started flashing on the dashboard regularly and there were definite performance issues. Also, the fans are working overtime awith a ferocious noise when starting and switching off the engine.

Would anybody have any thoughts or suggestions as to where I am going with this?

Thanks in advance

Post #634345 Mon Jul 17 2023 6:34pm
Dantheman1

Ireland 

Started to get this error and similar symptoms this morning. Curious to know if you got anywhere with your issues?

Post #642649 Sat Jun 15 2024 1:36pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Do you get the same message with the granny charger? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #642650 Sat Jun 15 2024 1:49pm
BM

Ireland 

Dantheman1 wrote:
Started to get this error and similar symptoms this morning. Curious to know if you got anywhere with your issues?

Hi. Car eventually broke down and a new BCCM was required (battery control charge module). Circa €4.5k repair. I’d get it looked at before the inevitable break down.

Post #642690 Mon Jun 17 2024 2:59pm
Dantheman1

Ireland 

Ouch, thanks a million for the response! Strangely the error stopped showing this morning but I have it booked in for a mechanic to take a look regardless. Thanks again.

Post #642700 Mon Jun 17 2024 9:02pm
ghunkin

United Kingdom 

I had this message 6 weeks ago - driving to a LR centre the car gave in completely.
After waiting 2 weeks for a slot at the garage, I was told both the main and auxiliary 12v batteries had given up.
It then took another 3 weeks for JLR to source and fit the new batteries - only to them tell me there was still a fault message - "EV not available"
Now awaiting further diagnostics for this but have been told the car may need a new EV battery as well.
One thing that does trouble me is that the dealer is repeatedly misquoting the EV battery warranty, first telling me it only applied to full EV cars (incorrect!), then saying it was a 4 year warranty.
It was clearly stated to me when I purchased the car new in 2018 there was a 7 year EV battery warranty!

Anyone else having this experience? 2018 RRS P400e in Byron Blue

Post #643697 Mon Aug 12 2024 8:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1