RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > gap IID (should i or not)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

loonyball

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
gap IID (should i or not)

hello fellow range rover addicts, i'm seriously considering buying a GAP IID TOOL, my 2103my range rover sport needs the webasto heater timer enabled on my infotainment screen, i emailed jgs4 and they assure me the iid will allow me to enable timer function (apparently some cars leave the factory with the function not enabled) i haven't contacted my local land rover dealer (charles hurst) to ask if they can do this but i'm sure if they can they will relieve me of several rolls of folding cash ! so i'm thinking better to buy a GAP IID and offset the cost of the fix toward the device.......
so what do you think of the IID ? is it a worthy investment ? any of you lads that have them tell me of any pro's and con's ? are they fairly user friendly etc etc any feed back of your experience of this tool greatly appreciated Thumbs Up

Post #627421 Mon Oct 17 2022 8:49pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Personally I think they are worth their weight in gold, you will soon recover your cost against dealer hourly charges at least. There is also a very good s/hand market for them so if you sold it later you would recover a fair bit of your investment.

Cheers
Col

Post #627422 Mon Oct 17 2022 8:57pm
loonyball

thanks col for your feedback, i have a maxi-dial tool at the moment and it really is very good with jaguar/land rover but its not for in depth diagnostics nor can it programme, so i think i might just have to bite the bullet, thanks Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #627423 Mon Oct 17 2022 9:16pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

As Col says they are worth every penny that you won’t spend at a dealer. Like everything it’s a leap of faith especially the first time you plug it in, red button syndrome. If you are unsure you can always ask first or afterwards. Consider a used one unless you’re desperate now. They go for around £325 posted second hand and a £25 fee to Gap to tie it to your car. Remember it has to be tied to your car to change anything. You can read anyones codes and clear them though. A neighbour has a full fat and I clear his codes or read them every so often.

Keep an eye out on the sister sites for used or just press the button on a new. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #627432 Tue Oct 18 2022 8:24am
loonyball

Thanks lads for the info, just ordered one from jgs4x4 so i will post here how i get on with it, its being delivered by royal mail so i should get it around march next year !!!

Post #627440 Tue Oct 18 2022 1:07pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: gap IID (should i or not)

loonyball wrote:
i haven't contacted my local land rover dealer (charles hurst) to ask if they can do this but i'm sure if they can they will relieve me of several rolls of folding cash !

More likely they will tell you it isn't possible, however they've found that your brakes are dangerous and refuse to let you have the vehicle back until they have changed all of the discs and pads for £2k. Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #627443 Tue Oct 18 2022 2:39pm
loonyball

ok lads, so my gap iid tool arrived today, got it unlocked to my car (2012my RRS 3.0 HSE) glad to report no fault codes at all
(must be a first) Laughing
my object is to enable the timer on the screen for the fuel burning heater, at the moment there is no icon for timed heater in the extra features, just 4x4 info, my question is how the hell do i make the fbh timer icon appear on my extra features screen using my gap iid tool ??

Post #627522 Thu Oct 20 2022 5:31pm
Mike H

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Santorini Black

Hope the link works

https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/faq-items/h...park-heat/

Post #627529 Thu Oct 20 2022 8:03pm
loonyball

Thanks mike, i followed the link you kindly supplied and now i have my FBH timer on the nav screen 👍
All i need to do now with my with my gap iid is calibrate the EAS.
Must say i’m mighty impressed with the gap tool, brilliant piece of kit and worth every penny 👍👍

Post #627607 Sun Oct 23 2022 11:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1