RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Water leak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Nmc880

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Water leak

Hi everyone, ime at my wits end, I have a water leak in my 2005 rrs in the passenger footwell, (under the carpet)I've read on here about the A pillar letting in water through the bottom hole and got that done a few months ago, and it seemed to stop, but after further investigation the water is not coming in from there, I opened the sunroof and checked all the drain holes and they are all draining as they should, the problem is is when I pour water down the sunroof Chanel at the front passenger side the water is draining under the car but some is managing to come in under the carpet in the passenger footwell, ime pretty sure the water is getting in once it drains from behind the passenger side vent as it is fine up to there, is there anywhere that the water could be getting in from the end of the rubber hose behind the passenger side vent and where it drains from there as it seems to run out the rubber hose behind the vent and on to the metal plate underneath then through a small hole in the bottom right corner and then drips down to the plastics cover at the bottom of the passenger wing ,if any of that makes sense, any help much appreciated as its driving me insane, many thanks

Post #448541 Thu Jan 15 2015 12:29pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Is it possible that the drain tube has a leak at the connector so that some drains outside the car and some drains inside?

Have you read the TSB on Disco 3: http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/displayima...amp;pos=81 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #448552 Thu Jan 15 2015 2:26pm
Nmc880

Hi

I don't think so because even if I pour water down the passenger A pillar once it runs down to where the vent in the front wing is it is getting in there somehow? Is there meant to be a rubber drain tube that goes right down to underneath the car as mine stops behind the passenger vent and just drains from there, don't know if that's normal, will also have a read at the link, many thanks

Post #448559 Thu Jan 15 2015 3:16pm
Nmc880

Hi ive had a look at the above link for the front passenger side drain hose replacement but cant figure out where about that is on the car, can anyone help me out, Embarassed

Post #448655 Fri Jan 16 2015 3:54pm
pelle

Sweden 

Hello. I have a RRS S/C 2005. LHD. My left/drivers window stoped working. I have found out that it can be
problems in some cables on on the right side below the carpet near the front door.
When checking the bundle of cables I found a lot of water coming from my sunroof drain pipe.
I have had the same problem with water earlier on the left side.
The drain pipes exit behind the side went/grill on left and right side and they can rotten or dry and
the smal part sticking outside from the hole are loose or gone and daring the water inside the cabin on the floor.
The right side exit of the drain tube is very difficult to reach from inside, the CJB is blocking its position.
I cut my drain tube behind the right A-pillar trim halfway up the front window and used a plastic/flexible
line down to exit for use it to pull a rubber pipe back up to the old part where i cut it.
With the flexibel-line in place I pulled the old end-part upp to my cutting place at the front window and
of course the flexible line left in place to guide the way up for my new rubber pipe.
This is maybe not the correct way but problem solved.

Post #628735 Thu Dec 01 2022 12:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1