RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > HDC Fault, Transmission Fault, Special Programs Not Availab
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

nas16309

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Hello

I noticed the fault' park brake fault" comes when it's cold and when I drive around, stop and start it does not appear again.

I do not use hand brake at all. Further it only comes for a flash when I started the car on my drive.

Sorry guys this may be getting boring for some but really appreciate any views what could be the issue. Paddi you have been following this from day one and will again need some thoughts on this please

Kind regards
Nas

Post #508443 Sun Oct 23 2016 8:18pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Are you still having the faults messages about HDC and the other things in your original post or are these now fixed? Sorry to have to ask but it isn't clear from your most recent posts.
Understand that you are seeing the 'park brake fault' in the message centre but that this clears itself.
Have a look at this thread:
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic27809....rake+fault

Sounds to me as if you may just have low battery voltage. Did you ever connect up that charger and fully charge the battery? Just running the car does not charge the battery fully unless you drive to Aberdeen and back!

I know the dealer told you the battery was OK but frankly they often talk a load of toss. The problem is the techs don't communicate well with the folk who work on the customer facing side who know jack Censored about cars anyway so you get a garbled version of the technical details. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #508451 Sun Oct 23 2016 9:45pm
nas16309

Hi Paddi, hope all good. Sorry been late in replying as other issues came up not with car.. everything goes wrong at times!

Old faults do not appear., However randomly when i start the car a message is displayed for a second " PARK BRAKE FAULT" then disappears immediately. I am going to attempt to charge the battery today and will update you. I agree that comments from technician are not very clear to me at all. Trust its the same way of connecting charger to battery and leave ovenight

Update soon

Kind regards
Nas

Post #508648 Wed Oct 26 2016 12:48pm
Paddi

There are many contributors to this forum whose knowledge of these cars is far superior to mine. However I do know that the Park Brake Fault message tends to be displayed just after starting if the battery is low. The starter motor draws a high current that leads to a voltage drop and if the battery is weak the drop is sufficient to trigger spurious messages.

To charge the battery, open the bonnet, wait about 10 minutes or so until the car powers down (goes to sleep) and then whilst wearing eye protection remove the battery cover and connect the +ve of the charger to the +ve of the battery -ve of charger to -ve of battery (or the chassis) . Then connect the charger to the mains. Always do it in this order to avoid any sparks. When charging is complete first disconnect charger from mains and then remove charger leads from battery again to avoid any sparks that could potentially cause your battery to explode. Always wear eye protection just in case. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #508655 Wed Oct 26 2016 1:41pm
CRACKA

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Hi all from down under.
I have 2006RRS S/C and have been having the same warning lights and messages plus others over the last couple of days.
Well aware of low battery issues and had 900cca calium battery installed 1/7/16. Also had intermitant starting issues so had the battery checked - it was A1.
Did a +to - link while battery was out and cleaned all terminals etc..
Besides the 3 warnings above I have had ABS , DSC and engine light come on at different times - all amber.
Tried to get a booking with Vgood indi but booked out until late next week.
Could it be one of the 'relays' in the fuse box next to the battery Question
or any other ideas appreciated. 2006 4.2 S/C with Tow Pack, Side Steps, DRL's, 19" & 20" wheels, additional 110 ltr Fuel Tank Roof Rack and performance mods.

1952 Rover 75 (Cyclops) First Car !!! Fond memories -was restored-good for 93mph.

Post #509204 Thu Nov 03 2016 4:32am
CRACKA

Still having issues - can't get RRS looked at until Thursday.
Something weird is going on. Had ABS,HDC,Park and engine check lights come on amber after startup. During check systems Messages were 'HDC fault system unavailable' & Special systems unavailable.
It also appeared that the height control and the speedo were not working.
Later each time I turned off the engine one by one they all disappeared. Smile
Then all of a sudden after travelling for a while they all came back on and the speedo stopped working. Sad
Does anyone have any ideas so I may be able to point them out to the Indi(as you call them) or fix the problem. Question 2006 4.2 S/C with Tow Pack, Side Steps, DRL's, 19" & 20" wheels, additional 110 ltr Fuel Tank Roof Rack and performance mods.

1952 Rover 75 (Cyclops) First Car !!! Fond memories -was restored-good for 93mph.

Post #509939 Sun Nov 13 2016 8:52am
nas16309

Hi Paddi
Hope you are well mate? Sorry just been too hectic and could not respond. I finally bought a ctek charger and when I connected to terminals battery was too low!! I am glad you pointed out to me before and it appears that dealer just waffled about the voltage etc.. I put on to overnight charge, battery is all fine. When I start in mornings sometimes the error "park brake fault" comes and goes away in 2 secs. I strongly suspect it's do to with brake light switch which they were so vague in explaining in the report about adjustment. Anyway I am driving around and this does not come when I do give car a run. I will get back to the dealer and ask for some refund. You have been of great help and so others as well.

Best regards
Nas

Post #509973 Sun Nov 13 2016 4:34pm
Paddi

It's a bit weird that the battery is charged but the 'Park Brake Fault' warning still comes up in the message centre even if it is only for a couple of seconds.
The workshop manual rather unhelpfully states that this message means 'possible system malfunction detected'

Does the park brake still work? It's not a good idea to never use it. Like a lot of things - 'use it or lose it' can be true.

Maybe the battery is a bit weak or perhaps the parking brake shoes and mechanism could do with a strip down clean and adjust?

If you are happy with it for now maybe leave until the next service? Thumbs Up 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #510064 Mon Nov 14 2016 6:51pm
nas16309

Hi Paddi

Let me tell you I have also noticed occasionally engine mgmt fault for a second and this happens when I start the engine. When I drive around a bit no warnings come up which is weird. It could be true that battery may be weak as it happens when I start the car after a long gap say 6-8 hours

You have been amazing in your replies and suggestions. If it's easier you could always buzz me on my mobile which is 07710085919.

Next service is due in Feb/ March.

Kind regards
Nas

Post #510078 Mon Nov 14 2016 8:28pm
CRACKA

Well I have been to a very good Indi as you call them regarding my Fault codes and system malfunction messages.
Hope this helps others .
It turned out to be the 'Speed sensor" on the rear right wheel. The connection was loose and had MUD in it ! Must have been before my time of ownership. Surprised
This 'little' thing caused HDC malfunction, Special Systems unavailable, and the following warning lights to appear- ABS,
Engine,tilt,ESC,Park and Speedo not working at times.
They cleaned it out and deleted the codes and reconnected it. No Futher issues. Very Happy
The other systems rely on this sensor to operate correctly. 2006 4.2 S/C with Tow Pack, Side Steps, DRL's, 19" & 20" wheels, additional 110 ltr Fuel Tank Roof Rack and performance mods.

Post #510343 Sat Nov 19 2016 4:33am
nas16309

Hi Paddi and others,

What a surprise !! the issue continued with the brake light switch and I was away for 3 weeks and when I returned the battery was flat. I called the AA and the guy tested the battery and said it definitely needs replacing and in his technical language said not taking charge the way it should etc... so kindly he offered me to go to local Halfords and we replaced a battery and all faults have disappeared and the car is running fine ! So as Paddi and others pointed out that check battery first and it's proven correct.
When I used ctek charger to charge it before as suggested the battery was charged but the faults not go away.

With new battery it's all gone and will now go on to dealer who had my car for 7 days and charged me loads for doing nothing except making it sound complex.

Paddi happy new year mate and u have been a star

Kind regards
Nas

Post #516359 Tue Jan 31 2017 10:33am
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

didn't you put the ctek on before you went away for 3 weeks ? Thumbs Up

Post #516364 Tue Jan 31 2017 1:02pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If the battery is knackered, the Ctek won't make it well again. Once the battery has lost a cell then nothing other than a replacement will help. The Ctek will put charge in and tell you it's fully charged but, well, it isn't. BTDTGTTS. Big Cry 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #516403 Tue Jan 31 2017 8:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123