RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Hi From Wales. Advice on a brand new Sport Autobiography!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rox10h

United Kingdom 
Hi From Wales. Advice on a brand new Sport Autobiography!

Hey everyone. Just joined, been lurking around for a while reading all the helpful info on here!

We are considering a brand new, or 'nearly' new, Range Rover Sport Autobiography 3.0 Diesel. After visiting our local Stratstone dealership (Cardiff) the big question was wether my mother could comfortably drive the larger Range Rover, but after sitting and looking around both the sport seems to be ample.

My main question is (as broad as it maybe) is are there any particular things to look out for if we were to get a year, possibly two year old autobiography? Are there any particular options to look for when looking for a used one? Only differences i can see between newer and older autobiog's is the gear selectors, and the new ones seem to have that silver 'strip' across the rear bootlid.

Reason i ask is because on various reviews ive read of 2010 models onwards, most critics mention about Land Rovers previous reliability record. Yet on some other blogs or posts i read others rave how good the news ones are, so its puzzling to say the least.

Also, without getting into too much of a slanging match, is the 3.6 TDV8 worth the extra pennies over a 3.0v6? cant help but think the 3.0 diesel will feel tiresome compared to a petrol 4.4 V8 we've just had.

Its replacing our just sold X5, which was a fantastic car to own since new in 03. I personally am a big VW fan, and have a mk4 golf on 19'' range rover HSE wheels haha.

Appreciate all your input.
Irfan

Post #362175 Tue Nov 06 2012 10:32pm
FF1078

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Hi and welcome,I cant speak for the autobiog but I had a loan car a few weeks ago as my TDV8 had to go in for some work, they leant me a 3.0 TDV6, on start up it felt like a tractor compared to the TDV8 but it was surprisingly nippy, I was quite impressed but not impressed enough to go and buy one, it is obviously better on fuel but for me the TDV8 is the one!!,it's sooooo smooth and effortless, not sure what the SDV6(8 speed) drives like but just the rough start up killed it for me. 2010 onwards is definately the way to go but it's hard to find TDV8's as they stopped in 60 plate.
Hope you find the right one for you Thumbs Up 10 TDV8 Santorini

Post #362178 Tue Nov 06 2012 10:53pm
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

12my (with rotary selector) has.........

8sp gearbox
Power Tailgate
Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Upgraded Navigation
Say What You See Voice Command
Black Grille Surround
Darker Headlight backs
New style key

The sum of the enhancements makes it worthwhile tracking a 12my down.

James Thumbs Up Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Post #362179 Tue Nov 06 2012 11:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rox10h

United Kingdom 

thanks for your input guys.

The TDV8 wasnt really a massive consideration, but the more ive looked into it it does seem like a nice option..but then i dont get any of the 12's added features. Looks like its literally one or the other!

Oh and here's a pic of my golf on said range rover sport wheels..

Click image to enlarge

haha. anyway. the search continues, will start looking at some TDV8 autobiog's.

Thanks again/

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #362190 Wed Nov 07 2012 12:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1