RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2018 + Petrol Engines
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Ckl139

United Kingdom 
2018 + Petrol Engines

Hi, looking to get into a RRS, am looking at petrol models for various reasons and just wanted views, opinions and experience on the following.

1. 3.0l Petrol SC V6 (can only find these in 2018 cars)

2. 3.0l Petrol I6 MHEV - appear to be 2019 only

3. 3.0l P400 Mhev (appear to be late 19 and 20 onwards)

4. 2.0l petrol variants SI4 and P300....

I'm budgetting upto around 32k give or take.... that puts in reach 1, 2 and 4.

Interested in reliability and real world performance experience. Many thanks.

Post #643588 Mon Aug 05 2024 1:31pm
W5RAY

United Kingdom 

I have a 2021 HST with the 3 litre I6 petrol engine - a straight 6 - and nearly 400BHP - it is surreal - very, very quick. The MHEV 48 KW is a super charger then the normal turbo kicks in - there is a very slight lag but it truly is a rocket ship. SMILES FOR MILES!
On a long journey of around 350 miles I average 31.5 mpg with a few smiles for miles thrown in. Around town, yep, you're definitely down a bit, currently 27.4 but will probably drop a bit more on shorter journeys.
I did look at diesels but super glad I bought this one.....
Couldn't warrant the SVR mileage but that thing must be an absolute beast.
Mine is around 0-60 in 5.7 seconds or there abouts but in the real world a short burst brings smiles...

Post #643602 Mon Aug 05 2024 8:16pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

As said a great, smooth and powerful motor. I had mine for close to four years and used it for everything from long journeys to Geneva to short runs around town. Its big problem was electrical issues which were never really solved. My experience of fuel consumption was quite different. Cruising at 70/80 mph in France 28mpg was the norm, Cross country driving with a max of 60mph 32 mpg was achievable, around town and trips through London 20/22mpg. I reckon over my ownership it averaged 24/25mpg. My fuel consumption computer was wildly optimistic, my figures were always calculated on actual fuel use and mileage. Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #643608 Mon Aug 05 2024 9:27pm
Ckl139

United Kingdom 

thanks for the comments so far - useful.

timhum - what were the electrical problems?

What MY was your car?

Post #643621 Tue Aug 06 2024 12:25pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

I bought the car in September 2019 so I guess 2020my. The biggest problem was the starter button not working, all systems were go, battery fully charged but press the button and nothing. It went to the dealer three or four times for this having left me stranded twice, other times it failed at home. Sometimes when left for an hour or so it then worked OK. I was never given a satisfactory reason for the fault and one time it was with them for 2weeks while they tried tried to sort it. Said it was due to a wiring issue somewhere under the car but the problem re-occurred.

That's when I got rid of it and gave up on getting the new model as for some reason after waiting a year for a P440e I was told my order wasn't in the system!

Otherwise it had the screen black out more than once and various components changed to cure rough running.

To be fair it was a very good car when working but in my opinion not worth £90k.

My advice would be to always have a good warranty on your car, the bills can be horrendous. Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #643627 Tue Aug 06 2024 4:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1