RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > DAB and DVD woes.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RallyeSport

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey
DAB and DVD woes.

I've recently bought a Range Rover Autobiography Sport 3.6 TDV8 2010.

I soon noticed I couldn't get DAB reception on DAB 1/2/3.

I swapped out the DAB module for an identical unit, and cleared the codes with my Icarsoft CR Max. Turned on the ignition, nothing, started the engine - the DAB radio sprang into life, I saved quite a few stations in my local area - Gloucester, I was chuffed to bits, first proper fix.

Anyways, went in the house, came back out later, turned on ignition, no DAB reception again, this was the 2nd cycle of the ignition turning on so to speak, ever since I've had no reception - strange why it worked the first time with the addition of starting the engine?

Since then, I've bought second hand FM/DAB amplifiers for the rear side windows, yet to fit them/swap over strategically to try to fix issue, also found that DAB L is in the antenna on the roof, so have ordered a new DAB/GPS antenna, to be fitted at the weekend.

Any suggestions, I'm hoping my swap outs will somehow fix the issue, if not I'm told it could be a MOST issue?

Then onto the 6 disc DVD player in the boot, I bought a replacement rear entertainment module and fitted it today, still I have the blue screens 'DVD error' in the headrests x2.

I unplugged the DVD player this evening for 10 minutes, to find that disc 5 & 6 were listed on the DVD screen?, I moved the DVD I had in tray 1 to tray 6 and it started playing on the main screen on the dash, but is stuck on the DVD menu screen for it prompting me to play movie or scene selection, if I press on the screen to highlight the play movie icon it doesn't do anything. Strange why 1,2,3,4 don't show up, even though the disc was originally in position 1 originally, but when moved to tray 6 it worked, but then kept playing the menu screen?

whether I'm doing something wrong, but trying to then get the headrests working the screens still told me DVD error, even though they were powered on on the main screen?

Furthermore on the diagnostics setting on the secret menu, self diagnostics tell me I have FM antenna fault and DVD and TV input error/faults, I don't have a TV on mine by the way.

Can anyone help, its doing my head in!!!

other than buying a second hand DVD player or getting it repaired, I'm at a loss, but tonight's events have baffled me, there seems to be an issue again after cycling the ignition, as the DVD in tray 6 isn't showing up or allowing me to play it again?

Sorry to be so long winded, but can anyone help???

Other issues to sort as well, but otherwise a nice motor - got Front and rear ARB bushes to replace also with ACE anti roll bar, maybe that'll be a pig also?

I'm handy with cars mind you, as I've been tweaking with diagnostics for years on other cars, but I'm new to Land Rover.

Cheers Dean

Post #642886 Thu Jun 27 2024 8:05pm
RallyeSport

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

DAB fixed.

If it helps anyone, there’s a company on eBay called ‘stockclearancecbc’ who sell refurbished and software updated DAB modules. Plugged it in, a hard reset was required, now it works all the time.

I did replace the DAB/GPS antenna as well and the FM/DAB amplifiers as well, but that didn’t fix it originally.

I paid £120 for the DAB module and now all is good.

Hope it helps someone else

Cheers Dean

Post #643277 Mon Jul 15 2024 3:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1