Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Gixxar

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Autobiography Firenze Red

Cheers Nick

Post #630326 Fri Jan 27 2023 1:32pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I have park assist but I never use it. It’s a pain to engage and does not bring much to the party. It’s a lovely idea but not huge value in practice. Don’t move the earth to retrofit this unless you have a real need. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #630592 Sat Feb 04 2023 11:03pm
Ryan Berry Hill

United Kingdom 

Heremyjill wrote:
LR053995 is the part number for the rear wiring loom and I know that as that is the one I had to purchase.

For the front wiring loom there are quite a few to choose from and so I suggest you speak to Sophie at Duckworth's (Very helpful team) to try and narrow down which one to choose. They should also be the best place to buy from as they are site sponsors

Hi, sorry to jump in 4 years later but i have recently bought a Range Rover with parallel park and want to add perpendicular park. Did you fit this yourself or did you take it somewhere as I'm having trouble finding out the best way to do it. I am working off the assumption that the 2 sensors on the sides at the front mean no work is needed that end and its just adding the rear side sensors and enabling the software that I assume is already in the cars computer but just needs unlocking.

Post #643145 Tue Jul 09 2024 1:40pm
Heremyjill

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Good afternoon

Yes my Sport had the parallel park option as standard and I fitted the perpendicular set up myself.

Extra purchases was a new rear wiring loom, two new sensors and two new rear bumper side trims. Then my OCD kicked in to ensure the trims and the sensors were painted the same colour as the rest of the bumper.

The module reprograming was taken care of the by the IID tool and the GAP team. I think there was a set up cost for this.

Let me know if you want any more specific details and one thing to note is that since I have had this option installed I have used it about 5 times, but really enjoyed the challenge / experience of the whole process "Every Day is a School Day"

Now 2014MY RRS SDV6 AB
Now 2018MY Ford Fiesta ST Line 140bhp
Gone 2006MY BMW X5 3.0d Le Mans
Gone 2001MY BMW 530d Estate

Post #643146 Tue Jul 09 2024 2:09pm
Ryan Berry Hill

United Kingdom 

Thank you. Yes I'm not sure I will use it all that often but I like the smugness of showing off what my car can do 😂

Where did you get the IID tool from and who are the GAP team.

What's the difference in the bumper sections, would it be possible to simply make a hole and clip the sensor in. I'd assume I'd have to be very precise with the location.

Post #643147 Tue Jul 09 2024 2:17pm
Heremyjill

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Here is the link to the GAP tool

https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/

There is a used market for these and they frequently come up for sale on this forum and other Land Rover / Range Rover forums.

The side bumper sections have the hole for the sensor, but also the supports behind the plastic which the sensor will attach to. Actual hole location may not be an issue as long as it is in the general area, but 'clipping' it in will need some support structure behind. "Every Day is a School Day"

Now 2014MY RRS SDV6 AB
Now 2018MY Ford Fiesta ST Line 140bhp
Gone 2006MY BMW X5 3.0d Le Mans
Gone 2001MY BMW 530d Estate

Post #643148 Tue Jul 09 2024 2:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12