Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Weird issue after reinstalled supercharger
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tomwu

Australia 
Weird issue after reinstalled supercharger

Hi all,
I got a late 2009 RRS SCV8 5.0. It had 2 issues and I did some work since last weekend:

1. Bad coolant leak where I can't find where it leaks. Could be 1L per 50KM. Been top up distilled water when I'm waiting for parts to be arrived.
2. Some play (5~10 degrees) on Supecharger snort.

So on the weekend I took off supercharger, changed following parts:

Supercharger coupler
Supercharger oil
Waterpump (with the small pipe connecting to oil cooler)
rear crossover water pipe
thermostat
I've already got aluminum front water pipes, so I just 'renewed' O rings since they're already flat. Quite interesting though I found my aluminum pipe seems came from the car (fomoco brand) then is it later they changed to plastic hoses?
aux belt (supercharger belt still in good condition)

What I found most difficult (apart from some parts really stuck difficult to 'seperate' during dismantling) is to install lower part of the supercharger with all those components on the back of it. I did spent a lot of time during the time removing them. Then I mounted all the parts on the back of the supercharger before install it back to the car so that I only need to connect 2 electric connectors. Since there's very limited space when installation, I guess this is the best option. I hope I didn't miss anything, or broke anything when I install the supercharger since I can't see what's on the back of it when installing.

I tried bleed/refill many times before start the car.

Now I have the red triangle showing 'low coolant' sign even the coolant reservior is filled. On driving, the engine temperature is also in the middle.

I also get 'restricted performance' when drive the car for 300 meters. And it felt like missing fire. Later checked error code shows cylinder 6 misfire P0306, P0316.

What's interesting is that after shut off the car and restart it, before driving, idle seems smooth and the misfire comes after drive the car for 300+ meters.

Also got P0526-17 for viscos fan speed sensor error. I did unplug the fan when I worked on the car but later ensured it's plugged in properly.

To me, those issues seem like electrical issues as the car was fine before I changed those parts.

I'm thinking hard if I forgot to connect one of the plug but I just can't find it. Is it really likely plug/coil issue for cylinder 6?

Anyone has any thoughts please?

Post #642295 Fri May 31 2024 6:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1