RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Help required to source SDV6 Sump Oil extractor connector
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Airbus

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Help required to source SDV6 Sump Oil extractor connector

Hi. I’d be grateful if anybody could advise where I can get one of these plastic elbow connectors. After several years of never being able to vacuum the oil out, I decided to investigate after getting fed up with having to remove the sump guard. The metal oil extraction pipe connects to a flexible rubber pipe and then to an elbow. On removing the flexible pipe I discovered somebody had filled the elbow connector with silicon making oil extraction impossible. I ideally need to remove the elbow but it appears siliconed onto the sump. I therefore want a spare if I damage it (it may already be damaged and hence the silicon) when I remove it.

JLR say it’s only sold as a complete unit metal pipe,flex and elbow. They don’t have any in stock and are on back order.

Can any body help?

Cheers

Chris

Post #642089 Mon May 20 2024 1:14pm
Golan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Evening Airbus
Ok so don’t quote me on this but on my Jaguar XKR the oil extraction pipe is inside the oil filler. I thought all Jaguar/Landrover’s are the same.

Post #642101 Mon May 20 2024 8:40pm
Nick900

United Kingdom 

I had the same problem wanted to replace the elbow but despite their being part numbers on it they relate to the plastic and not component so wasn't able to resolve several companies that supply fittings said they would be able to match it but it would need to be measured. I think the internal pipe size was about 8mm. Plan to do the measuring at the next service and find a replica.

Thanks

Nick

Post #642289 Thu May 30 2024 5:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1