RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 4.4 SDV8 - anything I should know before taking the plunge!?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

flash9919

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Santorini Black
4.4 SDV8 - anything I should know before taking the plunge!?

Hi all, I’m new to this forum, but a long time LR sufferer! Last few cars have been bought for BIK reasons, the last one was a full Ev…..unfortunately, when you buy them nobody mentions that it will get written off if you have the slightest accident….apparently it’s about 98%….if I was in my disco I’m sure I would have driven home and hit it with a hammer and used a bit of t-cut! I digress…..

I’m seriously considering a late 19/20 SDV8 AB, is there anything I should know or be aware of other than all the normal stuff I’ve dealt with on my Older rrs, d3 and d4…..I won’t even mention the plug in evoque….absolute Censored and vowed never to buy another LR ever!…..in my defence, I definitely won’t buy another Hybrid or Ev LR until such time as they actually understand how they work, I pity anyone shelling out £100k plus on one of the new p460e or similar, it will fail as regular as clock work and parts will always be on back order, on the plus side you should get a good old oil burner as a loaner whilst you wait for Censored to turn up.

Going sdv8 because despite owning an sdv6 d4, I can’t help but worry about the crank, I thought I dodged a bullet with my d3, ran it for 11 years and 120k until she randomly ate her crank at a smidge over 150k….which is why I tend to know where most problems are likely to arise, but hopefully won’t need to worry about crank failure, TC is definitely less problematic on the zf8, shouldn’t snap the oil pump off casing…..like I said, been there and done ( not myself, but paid a man handsomely!) most of the normal stuff…..is there normal stuff that’s exclusive to the 8?

It will be a sub 40k mile car with full LRSH bought LRAU with 2 years LR warranty etc, not something off eBay. 15MY D4 SE - still on original crank!
21MY Evoque P300e Se Dynamic - ok when it worked…..which wasn’t very often!
08 D3…served us well for 11 years and 120k miles - Triggers brooms and eventually did its crank.
09 RRS 2.7tdv6 Stormer addition - faultless until it ran out of warranty….replaced with the D3
89 Defender 110 HiCap - bulletproof but I could only justify keeping it if the D3 went

Post #642133 Tue May 21 2024 8:54pm
Barnsnape1

United Kingdom 

I’m 12 months in with mine and delighted

No surprises so far - fingers crossed

Mines on 45k and a year old than yours RRS 4.4 SDV8 AB 2018 – Best of all previous vehicles
RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE 2016 - Lovely vehicle but 2 cylinders missing. Gone
Discovery 4 SDV6 2015 HSE - Gone
RRS TDV8 HSE 2007 – My intro to RRS. Lovely vehicle. Gone
BMW 540 1998. - Highly tuned and ran for ever. Much missed. Gone

Post #642154 Wed May 22 2024 2:44pm
flash9919

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Good to know….hopefully mine will be the same Very Happy [/quote] 15MY D4 SE - still on original crank!
21MY Evoque P300e Se Dynamic - ok when it worked…..which wasn’t very often!
08 D3…served us well for 11 years and 120k miles - Triggers brooms and eventually did its crank.
09 RRS 2.7tdv6 Stormer addition - faultless until it ran out of warranty….replaced with the D3
89 Defender 110 HiCap - bulletproof but I could only justify keeping it if the D3 went

Post #642166 Wed May 22 2024 8:03pm
RRT

United Kingdom 

5 years in on my MY17 4.4V8 and still smiling MY17 RRS 4.4d V8 Autobiography - Aintree Green (also referred to on Topix as British Racing Green)

Post #642176 Thu May 23 2024 10:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1