RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > WANTED SPORT PLEASE READ ..............
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>

m22 gtr

Scotland 

Im noy putting him or his car down in anyway im just saying i know what its like to be let down when you could be potentially on your way to buy your new car. Maybe the car is in good condition who knows.

If you want top spec spend top dollar

Post #309541 Thu Aug 11 2011 10:21pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The Kergan wrote:
Yep I was thinking I would like to see his back door to. In a manly heterosexual way of course Laughing

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #309542 Thu Aug 11 2011 10:25pm
chrisonite_200

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi

Id jst like to say i respect the fact you went all that way and felt let down....but i think you have gone the wrong way about expressing your grief. Everyone has different expectations (some a little higher for there budget than others:wink: ) but it doesnt give you the right to slaughter the poor guys car. To you it may not be what you expect but myself like a few others would have found the condition fair considering how much its up for. You have now killed this guys chance of selling this car (on this site) because you have casted doubt in everyones mind.

I just think its the usual trouble now days with typing and the internet, you type away and dont truly think about what your saying....well i hope thats the case!! haha

Anyway just thought id voice my thoughts!!

Cheers Very Happy

Post #309543 Thu Aug 11 2011 11:15pm
BulletProofBomb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Good here 'init?

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  RRS TDV8 (loving it)
Suzuki Bandit 1200 (For when the suns out)
Nissan 350z GONE

Post #309544 Thu Aug 11 2011 11:20pm
e6ext

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

well.

i go to sleep for 12 hrs and look what happens.

as the vendor i have the following comments:

1. you are the first person to view the car so your statements are complete b*ll***
2. i am after a quick sale because im paying a monthly sum on it at the moment and the quicker it goes the better. i am impatient the market is dead and i want my new car. just trying to maximise the equity i can gt above my money owed
3. the car is probably the cheapest one of this spec and condition in the country and it was at 25k when i originally put it up for sale
4. you have pointed out some subjective issues with the car on your inspection. i have had the car two years and have had no paint work done. first thing this morning i got on my knees to inspect this door and i put my hands up. there is some signs of slight orange peel at the end of the trim. this is hardly a brush finish and as others have said would probably be corrected for £100 quid with a mop and some compound. you have made it sound like hamerite. i had not spotted this before or when i had bought the car myself. hardly that obvious.
5. again the suspension. after your comments i played with the button this am and again you are right the front is slow to rise. i dont think have ever used this button in two years . i believe i may have lowered it a couple of times in low car parks! thanks for bringing this to my attention. i would have told you if i had known. but i was not aware. how many owners check the suspension lifts well on a daily basis?
6. I had another look at the bolster and it is pretty good considering.the interior is in vgc for its age and mileage. full stop. your comments are again harsh.
7. you drove the car. never mentioned howwell it drives? or are you just here for the negatives?

Finally i would like to thank all who have jumped in and backed up my theory that you are looking at a car priced at 23k that would sell for a hell of a lot more given time or spending 1k on it.

You have also on a public forum called me a nob and a liar which to be honest i not acceptable. also your method of delivering these faults via a public forum making statements about my candour is hardly good practice.

I have another buyer interested and i have immediately this am told them of the potential suspension issue.

this car is so cheap now i may as well hand it back to the lease company.

Post #309561 Fri Aug 12 2011 8:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Kergan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Nara Bronze

I shouldnt worry about rrs searcher's comments, it is pretty clear to see that he is a perfectionist who is looking for a showroom car for 23k. By placing comments on this forum about a car he has seen, rubbishing the car and the owner at the same time he has only served to alienate himself from any sain forum member who might have been interested in selling him a car.

I for one would not give him the time of day if i were thinking of selling my car, I would be to worried that he would see the tiny 1 inch scratch I have on the drivers window and then he would come on here and tell everyone what a bad man I was and how the car looked like a rocket had been fired at it and that the doors had been painted with a badgers arse. 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Post #309563 Fri Aug 12 2011 8:23am
rrs searcher

e6ext wrote:
well.

1. you are the first person to view the car so your statements are complete b*ll***
2. i am after a quick sale because im paying a monthly sum on it at the moment and the quicker it goes the better. i am impatient the market is dead and i want my new car. just trying to maximise the equity i can gt above my money owed
3. the car is probably the cheapest one of this spec and condition in the country and it was at 25k when i originally put it up for sale
4. you have pointed out some subjective issues with the car on your inspection. i have had the car two years and have had no paint work done. first thing this morning i got on my knees to inspect this door and i put my hands up. there is some signs of slight orange peel at the end of the trim. this is hardly a brush finish and as others have said would probably be corrected for £100 quid with a mop and some compound. you have made it sound like hamerite. i had not spotted this before or when i had bought the car myself. hardly that obvious.
5. again the suspension. after your comments i played with the button this am and again you are right the front is slow to rise. i dont think have ever used this button in two years . i believe i may have lowered it a couple of times in low car parks! thanks for bringing this to my attention. i would have told you if i had known. but i was not aware. how many owners check the suspension lifts well on a daily basis?
6. I had another look at the bolster and it is pretty good considering.the interior is in vgc for its age and mileage. full stop. your comments are again harsh.
7. you drove the car. never mentioned howwell it drives? or are you just here for the negatives?

Finally i would like to thank all who have jumped in and backed up my theory that you are looking at a car priced at 23k that would sell for a hell of a lot more given time or spending 1k on it.

You have also on a public forum called me a nob and a liar which to be honest i not acceptable. also your method of delivering these faults via a public forum making statements about my candour is hardly good practice.

I have another buyer interested and i have immediately this am told them of the potential suspension issue.

rob .....I am not wasting any more time on this .....I am not just highlighting the negatives ......the car drives good i must agree !!!!

But i asked you before i left several times about the condition and even asked you if you knew a lot about cars .... and you replyed quite a bit !!!!

If you had told me that you knew nothing about cars then i couldnt have said anything ....could i

I called you after I left your house several times with no reply .... i could have had a explanation off you then!!

listen new day and all that cant be harping on about the same thing over and over again .....good luck selling it and well done on informing the potential purchaser with the info on the suspension .....

Post #309565 Fri Aug 12 2011 8:32am
e6ext

i had one missed call followed about four minutes later by a text which simply read "thanks for wasting my time!" followed by another "not as described no wonder you havent sold it yet" at that point i refused to respond. you certainly never tried to call again after the first attempt and left no message.

anyway thankyou for pointing out the issues i have i honestly was not aware..

case closed.....

rrs searcher wrote:
e6ext wrote:
well.

rob .....I am not wasting any more time on this .....I am not just highlighting the negatives ......the car drives good i must agree !!!!

But i asked you before i left several times about the condition and even asked you if you knew a lot about cars .... and you replyed quite a bit !!!!

If you had told me that you knew nothing about cars then i couldnt have said anything ....could i

I called you after I left your house several times with no reply .... i could have had a explanation off you then!!

listen new day and all that cant be harping on about the same thing over and over again .....good luck selling it and well done on informing the potential purchaser with the info on the suspension .....

Post #309570 Fri Aug 12 2011 8:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
x5pea

Laughing Laughing

e6ext good luck with the sale mate, I'm sure will go quick at the price you have it at now, stick it on pistonheads I've had some luck on there myself with RR, auto trader is worth the £40 charge swell for 3 weeks.

Post #309573 Fri Aug 12 2011 9:00am
gilford

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

So, to sum up, I think the OP needs to save a few more pennies to get what he wants Whistle

Post #309580 Fri Aug 12 2011 9:44am
Jonny Fresh

England 

I have sold a lot of cars as I sell all the company cars every 3 years........

The amount of people who want new cars for second hand money is so annoying.......

There is a small mark here, the carpets don't look new, tiny scuff here......IT'S SECOND HAND WITH 60k ON THE CLOCK!!!!

If you want a new car, pay new car money, This car was once £50K+, you will not get it in the condition it was in when new for less than half that price!!

Simples!

Post #309581 Fri Aug 12 2011 9:47am
e6ext

x5pea wrote:
Laughing Laughing

e6ext good luck with the sale mate, I'm sure will go quick at the price you have it at now, stick it on pistonheads I've had some luck on there myself with RR, auto trader is worth the £40 charge swell for 3 weeks.

i have a potential buyer but hey may now withdraw due to this thread i have given them th option to (due to my honest nature)!!! and at 22k

shame i couldnt get it worth but i applaud the attitude of you and others that have sown a realistic approach to this car..

now a 22k it is the cheapest tdv8 out there. but we will see

and as my NBF said it drives really well.

Post #309601 Fri Aug 12 2011 11:07am
NickM

United Kingdom 

To add, my car was pristine, washed 3 times a week, wheels refurbed at least once every 2 months and the leather kept as good as it could have been. Mine was 3 years old and hadn't put a foot wrong....but, even this all taken into account.

The side bolster does wear when you get in and out...unavoidable

Stone chips on the front bonnet and bumper...no way to get round this, other than to have the car painted every 3 months.

So from someone who had no other vices other than to clean his car and spend £100 a month on cleaning products, there is no such thing as a pristine second hand car!!!

Now where's my bucket and spade, I need to go to the beach!

Post #309602 Fri Aug 12 2011 11:13am
x5pea

If the sale falls through mate give me your mobile via PM and we can have a chat Thumbs Up

Post #309607 Fri Aug 12 2011 11:26am
gilford

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Some people are just dreamers though, I had a CSL a few years back and had a guy come and look at it, I would have described the car as pretty mint but when he got to me he tried telling me the car had had paint etc and tried to knock me down thousands Shocked

I was shocked at this so went to the local BMW spray shop who took readings all round the car and it hadn't had any paint at all Whistle

I then sold the car for full asking price to the trade which I was chuffed to bits with Thumbs Up

Fact of the matter is you get what you pay for, pure and simple.

Post #309610 Fri Aug 12 2011 11:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>