RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > WANTED SPORT PLEASE READ ..............
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>

The Kergan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Nara Bronze

I do feel that some like to under value this car. I know that cars lose money every year older they get. But a RRS in vgc should be a fair bit more that 23k. Like I said if you have a 25k budget then buy a dog for 23k and spend the other 2k getting it just the way you want it.

It is amazing what a good smart repairer can do. When I had my D3 I had a couple of bad scratches on the dash. I had a chap down here repair it. He filled the scratches, re-textured the repair area to match the rest of the dash and resprayed it. £100 all in. And you would have never had known it was done.

On my current RRS I have ivory interior. When I agreed to buy it it had wear on the drivers seat bolster, on the armrests to. The centre box lid was scratched and there were wear marks on a rear seat where a baby seat had been installed. I had a damaged door card where a seatbelt had been shut in the door. All was repaired in 1'day and you would never know where the wear spots were.

For a fee hundred quid you can get almost anything done with a smart repair these days. 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Post #309515 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:26pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

rrs searcher wrote:
x5pea wrote:
I wasn't going to post this but what the heck

RRS Searcher if you were such an expert on the motor trade i think you would have picked up on the fact that the adjusted Glass Trade price on the car is is shade over 24k with the retail at 27k. I can get a retail std paint job for £100 a panel but even at £200 and a bolster repair say another £200........ you missed a trick there my friend.

TDV8 for 23k.... there are 100k mile cars selling for more than that Laughing Laughing

You still dont get the point ...... i havent got the time to start taking cars to get sprayed etc ... if i was told about the paint condition etc i wouldnt have bothered ......and i agree was cheaper than others but was told he wanted a quick sale .....not work doing on the car.

And no im not a expert in the motor trade.... never have confessed to be one ! just dont like doing a 360 mile round trip for FUN

i get the point fine, i think however you are being unrealistic, my grandmother used to say if its sounds too good to be true it usually is.

My point is, peoples opinions are only based on their knowledge, i can noticed a painted panel a mile off and have yet to see a factory paint job that is any good someone like Mrs Pea however wouldn't notice anything wrong.

You walked away from a car for what i would consider minor points which could have been rectified quickly and cheaply or indeed not at all and left for the next owner to worry about, I would have offered a few quid less than the 23k, and drove back down the road with a bargain rather than driving home angry and bitching on the internet about it......

Post #309518 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:32pm
The Kergan

rrs searcher wrote:
m22 gtr wrote:
I think his point is he travelled all that way for a car he thought and "was told" was in good condition maybe not to his standards though, i travelled a fair distance last yr for a car and when i asked questions was told nothing wrong with bodywork/interior etc etc when i got there i was very disappointed and felt the owner had wasted my time. Not a ncie feeling when you think you might be going to pick up your new car.

Like others have said for your budget you may have to be patient, there are some good examples out there.

THANK YOU ..... you can see where im coming from Wink

Sorry but for that money I would have expected to drive that distance and see a less than perfect example. If he wanted 27 or 28k I would have been dam annoyed. You need to be a little more realistic im afraid. 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Post #309519 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:33pm
x5pea

The Kergan wrote:
rrs searcher wrote:
m22 gtr wrote:
I think his point is he travelled all that way for a car he thought and "was told" was in good condition maybe not to his standards though, i travelled a fair distance last yr for a car and when i asked questions was told nothing wrong with bodywork/interior etc etc when i got there i was very disappointed and felt the owner had wasted my time. Not a ncie feeling when you think you might be going to pick up your new car.

Like others have said for your budget you may have to be patient, there are some good examples out there.

THANK YOU ..... you can see where im coming from Wink

Sorry but for that money I would have expected to drive that distance and see a less than perfect example. If he wanted 27 or 28k I would have been dam annoyed. You need to be a little more realistic im afraid.

And the award for getting my point goes toooooooo Thumbs Up

Post #309520 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:34pm
The Kergan

Hey searcher I got a top idea.

I will buy e6ext's car for 23k spend 500 quid with my local smart repairer. The you buy it off me in tip top condition for 25k. You get a lovely car, I make £1500 for a few hours of inconvenience and the smart repairer does the work and earns his £500

Everyones a winner 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Post #309522 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:40pm
m22 gtr

Scotland 

So if you called someone about buying their car, regardless of cost and you asked them the condition of which they described as generally good no rips/tears, bodywork in good condition etc etc yet when you made the long trip to see the car their discription was a bit out, your telling me you wouldnt be a bit annoyed???? Sorry but i think not. Dont care how much the car is or what its valued at, describe the car as you the owner sees it, scratches/dents, marks on interior tears/rips. scuffs on alloys etc etc

Post #309524 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:48pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

And that's why I have a freelander, I always miss the business opportunities Rolling with laughter

Post #309526 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:49pm
The Kergan

m22 gtr wrote:
So if you called someone about buying their car, regardless of cost and you asked them the condition of which they described as generally good no rips/tears, bodywork in good condition etc etc yet when you made the long trip to see the car their discription was a bit out, your telling me you wouldnt be a bit annoyed???? Sorry but i think not. Dont care how much the car is or what its valued at, describe the car as you the owner sees it, scratches/dents, marks on interior tears/rips. scuffs on alloys etc etc

Well to be honest if I was looking for a RRS in VGC I wouldn't have even called to enquire about it in the first place as it would seem to cheap for the year and the distance to see it would have also made me think twice. Like someone else said, if it's to good to be true then almost all of the time it is.

It is human nature for people to big up their cars when trying to sell them. Like I said, I looked at a few dogs and most of them at dealers, but I never went more than 30 miles out of my way for a so called bargain.
And your hardly going to get a seller to say his car is crap when you phone about buying it are you. Plus on top of this we only have the OP's word for the condition it was in. 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Post #309528 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:59pm
rrs searcher

The Kergan wrote:

I will buy e6ext's car for 23k spend 500 quid with my local smart repairer. The you buy it off me in tip top condition for 25k. You get a lovely car, I make £1500 for a few hours of inconvenience and the smart repairer does the work and earns his £500

Everyones a winner

you going to put a new compressor on as well...? if so go and buy it do the repairs and il give you 25.

Post #309529 Thu Aug 11 2011 10:04pm
x5pea

rrs searcher wrote:
The Kergan wrote:

Everyones a winner

you going to put a new compressor on as well...? if so go and buy it do the repairs and il give you 25.

I think the seller has explain the compressor bit to you Laughing

Post #309530 Thu Aug 11 2011 10:07pm
m22 gtr

Scotland 

Your right when selling your car your not going to tell them its crap but you can generally be honest, im not in the motor trade but i sold my car not long ago and when asked condition i was honest. Few scuffs on 2 of the alloys, stone chips on front bumper/bonnet and small tear in drivers seat, that way when he came to see the car he knew what to expect.

My point is whatever age, price the car is be honest then no one can complain by saying you never said there was this or that wrong with it.

Post #309531 Thu Aug 11 2011 10:08pm
The Kergan

Does it need a compressor then. e6ext tells us it was you not operating it properly. But my point is if you lower your sights a little you could buy one, get everything done to it you need to make it right for you and save some money.

Surely you would rather do it yourself than see someone make a quick £1500 out of you? And the point you made earlier about not having time seems a little invalid, I mean your prepared to spend ages driving about looking and lots of money on fuel for something that might not exist.

On the budget you have save your time and fuel, buy one that is mechanically sound, has a full service history, is the colour you like inside and out for about 23k. Get it home, get it to a smart repairer and bung him amfew hundred to sort out the trim and scratches, then get a warranty on it.

Then enjoy your RRS happy in the knowledge that you got a dam fine motor in the condition you want with a warranty and all within budget. Sweet as my friend. 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Post #309534 Thu Aug 11 2011 10:14pm
x5pea

m22 gtr wrote:

Through his own admission the seat wasn't torn or ripped it was slightly worn, and i wouldn't class that as a putting the car in the poor condition category , its done a shade under 60k for goodness sake.

Id love to see a pic of this back door, that has filler showing through the paint work Laughing

Its not fair to rubbish someones car especially on a niche forum such as this, e6ext comes across as a genuine guy and to go see a 60k miles car on someones drive way and expect it to be in showroom condition is ridiculous.

U want showroom condition... buy a low miles example from a showroom but of course that would be 30k wouldn't it.

Post #309536 Thu Aug 11 2011 10:15pm
x5pea

rrs searcher wrote:
The Kergan wrote:

Everyones a winner

haaaaaa no u wouldn't ur just being silly now, if that was the case u wouldn't be travelling 300+ miles to look at the cheapest TDv8 in the country.

ps u can get a compressor for a few hundred as well

Post #309539 Thu Aug 11 2011 10:20pm
The Kergan

Yep I was thinking I would like to see his back door to. In a manly heterosexual way of course Laughing 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Post #309540 Thu Aug 11 2011 10:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>