RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > WANTED SPORT PLEASE READ ..............
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>

rrs searcher

V8KIP wrote:
Hi RRS searcher,

Just PM'd you some details of my car which i'm considering selling, please let me now your thoughts Smile

Regards,

Karl

cheers karl will look now Razz

Post #309479 Thu Aug 11 2011 7:12pm
e6ext

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

RR Searcher

I am a little gobsmacked by your attitude? I have refraind from replying to your rude text messages you sent me after leaving my property.

this followed by me being told you have gone on a public forum and openly put down a vehicle that is for sale with unfounded uneducated comments.

I unfortunately wasn't present when you were here today to respond to your ludicrous comments that i am told you made and you have commented on in the above thread.

firstly i have had this car for two years. it has had no paint work done. apparently you said that on the door edge there were some tiny white marks that is filler coming through!!! the only paint i am aware of is from new when it was colour coded.

have you ever seen an ivory leather interior without some wear on the drivers bolster? especially after 59k miles and on a very high vehicle. i doubt it

yes there are a couple of marks on the interior around one of the vents and on the driver door handle.. the car is over 4yrs old and has 59k on it. you can buy replacement trims for these if you are that desperate.

perhaps you should read the operation manual before testing suspension. my wife tried to tell you that you do not hold the button down, i am sure your amateur method confused the compressor to wether it was raising or lowering!!! i works fine and was all set up and re valved under warranty a year ago

every issue i knew there was with the car i disclosed. you are obviously a proffessional and can see every minor issue!!

I would suggest that you have champagne tastes with a beer wallet and cannot see what is comensurate with age. if you want a perfect low miler put your hand in your pocket and spend 35k dont come looking at a 23k motor.

good luck with your search. it maybe a long one

Post #309480 Thu Aug 11 2011 7:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rrs searcher

e6ext wrote:
RR Searcher

I am a little gobsmacked by your attitude? I have refraind from replying to your rude text messages you sent me after leaving my property.

this followed by me being told you have gone on a public forum and openly put down a vehicle that is for sale with unfounded uneducated comments.

I unfortunately wasn't present when you were here today to respond to your ludicrous comments that i am told you made and you have commented on in the above thread.

firstly i have had this car for two years. it has had no paint work done. apparently you said that on the door edge there were some tiny white marks that is filler coming through!!! the only paint i am aware of is from new when it was colour coded.

have you ever seen an ivory leather interior without some wear on the drivers bolster? especially after 59k miles and on a very high vehicle. i doubt it

yes there are a couple of marks on the interior around one of the vents and on the driver door handle.. the car is over 4yrs old and has 59k on it. you can buy replacement trims for these if you are that desperate.

perhaps you should read the operation manual before testing suspension. my wife tried to tell you that you do not hold the button down, i am sure your amateur method confused the compressor to wether it was raising or lowering!!! i works fine and was all set up and re valved under warranty a year ago

every issue i knew there was with the car i disclosed. you are obviously a proffessional and can see every minor issue!!

I would suggest that you have champagne tastes with a beer wallet and cannot see what is comensurate with age. if you want a perfect low miler put your hand in your pocket and spend 35k dont come looking at a 23k motor.

good luck with your search. it maybe a long one

Oh so sorry i am totally wrong then......... please send me your correct address as i must have looked at the wrong car !!!!!!
dont be a nob i asked you on the phone of condition of body any paint and condition of interior etc

If you would have told me the true condition of the car i wouldnt have wasted my time ........

The back passenger door looks like its been painted with a paint brush and you know as well as me the compressor is on the way out , also the interior is not as described .......

The question you need to ask yourself Rob is why you havent sold it already !!!!!!!!!!

I think we both know that .

And yeh i put a true comment on the condition of your rrs as i wold not want anyone to waste time as i did today ...
and i repeat why havent you sold it already !!!!! simple yeh

dont waste mine or anybody else time please..... if you want to sell it be honest !!!!!! its 23k your asking for it not £2,300.

Post #309492 Thu Aug 11 2011 8:23pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Shocked Might stay a while for a reply this could get interesting

Post #309493 Thu Aug 11 2011 8:24pm
rrs searcher

npinks wrote:
Shocked Might stay a while for a reply this could get interesting

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #309496 Thu Aug 11 2011 8:46pm
The Kergan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Nara Bronze

OP, IMHO I think you are living a bit of a dream if you are looking to get a showroom perfect vehicle for 23k. I bought my 2008 HSE a couple of months ago and it was the best I could find at the time. I ended up buying at a dealer and had a hell of a time getting various detailing issues sorted out and one or two technical issues.

I looked around for a couple of months and came across some right dogs in dealerships that were for sale for silly money. I settled on mine and paid 31k for it with the promise that all the detailing would be sorted out.

You are looking at second hand motors, and with the best will in the world they will be in second hand condition. If you have a 25k budget then how about doing it this way, buy one for 23k and then spend some money with a smart repair company and bring it up to the condition that you would like it to be.

With e6ext's car if it was a couple of grand under your budget you could have bought it and had the door resprayed to your liking and all the detailing done for well under a grand and you would have an immaculate motor.

It gets to a point where you can spend hundreds of pounds in fuel driving about the country looking at motors when you could spend less buying something that needs a bit of detailing. 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Post #309500 Thu Aug 11 2011 8:56pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Post #309501 Thu Aug 11 2011 8:58pm
The Kergan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Nara Bronze

x5pea wrote:

Laughing Rolling with laughter 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography

Post #309502 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:00pm
rrs searcher

The Kergan wrote:
OP, IMHO I think you are living a bit of a dream if you are looking to get a showroom perfect vehicle for 23k. I bought my 2008 HSE a couple of months ago and it was the best I could find at the time. I ended up buying at a dealer and had a hell of a time getting various detailing issues sorted out and one or two technical issues.

I looked around for a couple of months and came across some right dogs in dealerships that were for sale for silly money. I settled on mine and paid 31k for it with the promise that all the detailing would be sorted out.

You are looking at second hand motors, and with the best will in the world they will be in second hand condition. If you have a 25k budget then how about doing it this way, buy one for 23k and then spend some money with a smart repair company and bring it up to the condition that you would like it to be.

With e6ext's car if it was a couple of grand under your budget you could have bought it and had the door resprayed to your liking and all the detailing done for well under a grand and you would have an immaculate motor.

It gets to a point where you can spend hundreds of pounds in fuel driving about the country looking at motors when you could spend less buying something that needs a bit of detailing.

I agree with you but i am not looking for a showroom condition 1 at a knocked down price ..... I expect to have the odd imperfection here and there , but when you ask someone on the phone for a true discription of the car and dont get told the truth it tends to pi** you off .....if it was 20 miles away i wouldnt have cared ......
The price has obviously kept dropping because he has had people round that thought the same as me !!!!

Post #309504 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:07pm
rrs searcher

rrs searcher wrote:
The Kergan wrote:

It gets to a point where you can spend hundreds of pounds in fuel driving about the country looking at motors when you could spend less buying something that needs a bit of detailing.

I agree with you but i am not looking for a showroom condition 1 at a knocked down price ..... I expect to have the odd imperfection here and there , but when you ask someone on the phone for a true discription of the car and dont get told the truth it tends to pi** you off .....if it was 20 miles away i wouldnt have cared ......
The price has obviously kept dropping because he has had people round that thought the same as me !!!!

ANYWAY ENOUGH OF THE MOANING ......I JUST WANT TO FIND A NICE CAR ....... SOMEBODY HELP Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #309505 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:09pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I wasn't going to post this but what the heck

RRS Searcher if you were such an expert on the motor trade i think you would have picked up on the fact that the adjusted Glass Trade price on the car is is shade over 24k with the retail at 27k. I can get a retail std paint job for £100 a panel but even at £200 and a bolster repair say another £200........ you missed a trick there my friend.

TDV8 for 23k.... there are 100k mile cars selling for more than that Laughing Laughing

Post #309506 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:10pm
sweetafton

England 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

This is better than foxys and andys thread that we all got stick for. Can't see any inuendos on this one. Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter

Post #309509 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:15pm
m22 gtr

Scotland 

I think his point is he travelled all that way for a car he thought and "was told" was in good condition maybe not to his standards though, i travelled a fair distance last yr for a car and when i asked questions was told nothing wrong with bodywork/interior etc etc when i got there i was very disappointed and felt the owner had wasted my time. Not a ncie feeling when you think you might be going to pick up your new car.

Like others have said for your budget you may have to be patient, there are some good examples out there.

Post #309510 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:21pm
rrs searcher

x5pea wrote:
I wasn't going to post this but what the heck

RRS Searcher if you were such an expert on the motor trade i think you would have picked up on the fact that the adjusted Glass Trade price on the car is is shade over 24k with the retail at 27k. I can get a retail std paint job for £100 a panel but even at £200 and a bolster repair say another £200........ you missed a trick there my friend.

TDV8 for 23k.... there are 100k mile cars selling for more than that Laughing Laughing

You still dont get the point ...... i havent got the time to start taking cars to get sprayed etc ... if i was told about the paint condition etc i wouldnt have bothered ......and i agree was cheaper than others but was told he wanted a quick sale .....not work doing on the car.

And no im not a expert in the motor trade.... never have confessed to be one ! just dont like doing a 360 mile round trip for FUN

Post #309511 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:24pm
rrs searcher

m22 gtr wrote:
I think his point is he travelled all that way for a car he thought and "was told" was in good condition maybe not to his standards though, i travelled a fair distance last yr for a car and when i asked questions was told nothing wrong with bodywork/interior etc etc when i got there i was very disappointed and felt the owner had wasted my time. Not a ncie feeling when you think you might be going to pick up your new car.

Like others have said for your budget you may have to be patient, there are some good examples out there.

THANK YOU ..... you can see where im coming from Wink

Post #309514 Thu Aug 11 2011 9:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>