RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > If I take the 60 plate how long will till road ready
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ryanrange

If I take the 60 plate how long will till road ready

Further to my recent post about choosing the 60 over the 11 plate..

If i do take the car on the 60 plate how long will it take the dealer to get it road reg for me?

Cheers Guys!

Post #288356 Tue Feb 08 2011 12:18am
Tboner

England 

a question for your stealer i would have thought 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #288361 Tue Feb 08 2011 8:56am
Jonny Fresh

England 

a few days I would have thought.......if you don't mind me saying it seems madness......By the time you get it sorted it will be near mid-february......just wait the extra 2 weeks and get the new reg, your new car will appear 6 months old at 2 weeks old otherwise

Post #288362 Tue Feb 08 2011 9:00am
A12DY B

United Kingdom 

2 days usually,

I would seriously consider waiting the 20 days until the 1st though unless the discount is right

I picked my 2011 60 plate up on the 11th of Jan and have done next to no miles and still wish i would of waited as mine wont feel new in 20 days

Post #288367 Tue Feb 08 2011 10:10am
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

just be carefull though, the dealers are so busy the first week of march, you wont get the best of service (imho) best get it now before the rush or wait till april!!!
cheers
dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #288385 Tue Feb 08 2011 12:39pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Get it on the 1st of march otherwise if you get it now it will loose more value between now and the 1st of march than it will, getting it on the 1st of march to the end of april or may, pre book the 1st appointment available on the 1st of march to make sure you get a smooth handover just like i did when i bought my new audi, i waited 6 months for that so 20 days is nothing, if you get it now you may well wish you had waited unless like whats been said before if you are putting a private plate on it on your not bothered about residual values then get it now.
Ady

Post #288412 Tue Feb 08 2011 2:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lookers Park Royal

In December we had a customer's vehicle 'released' from LR over night. We sent a transporter (at our cost) to collect it which was at Gaydon at 8am. The car was then PDI'd (Pre Delivery Inspection) and valated with the customer collecting at 11am.

James Thumbs Up

Post #288431 Tue Feb 08 2011 5:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Lookers = a few hours
Other LR dealers = when they can be arsed! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #288432 Tue Feb 08 2011 5:20pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Very Annoyed wrote:
Lookers = a few hours
Other LR dealers = when they can be arsed!

Thumbs Up

thats about right!!! MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #288438 Tue Feb 08 2011 6:31pm
A12DY B

United Kingdom 

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
In December we had a customer's vehicle 'released' from LR over night. We sent a transporter (at our cost) to collect it which was at Gaydon at 8am. The car was then PDI'd (Pre Delivery Inspection) and valated with the customer collecting at 11am.

James Thumbs Up

Now thats the sort of service that should be done everytime Thumbs Up

Post #288484 Wed Feb 09 2011 12:03am
Tboner

England 

James Thumbs Up

Eck PDI is supposed to be 2+ hours and a valet with polish got to be at least 2 hours on a new car at least an hour from Gaydon to you James then unload etc so 9:30 not allowing for traffic at that time of day at the earliest into the workshop amazing but i find that a little hard to believe IMO..... 2014 5.0SC AB

Gone 5.0 SC

Post #288520 Wed Feb 09 2011 12:33pm
Lookers Park Royal

Tboner wrote:

James Thumbs Up

Eck PDI is supposed to be 2+ hours and a valet with polish got to be at least 2 hours on a new car at least an hour from Gaydon to you James then unload etc so 9:30 not allowing for traffic at that time of day at the earliest into the workshop amazing but i find that a little hard to believe IMO.....

Why would I lie? Shocked Shocked Shocked

There were two technicians carrying out the PDI, and the cleaners started to clean whilst the plates were being fitted. To be fair, I was involved with removing the seat and floor coverings myself.

I actually have a quicker example, but will probably leave Jeremy to tell that story.

James Thumbs Up

Post #288569 Wed Feb 09 2011 6:13pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

James, that shows true commitment to me Thumbs Up There arn't many dealers who are willing to bend over backwards like you have done for this particular customer and by the sounds of it a few others, well done LPR i say. Its nice to hear the good stories for a change.
Ady

Post #288575 Wed Feb 09 2011 8:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1