RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Back from Glasgow shopping
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

finnie

Back from Glasgow shopping

So decided to take advantage of my Glasgow trip to do a bit of test driving, thought I'd post some comments.

Went to an indy's to test drive a 56 plate TDV8. Car wasn't in great condition but i thought it would be a good start to test drive. First car had flat battery which was cceptable but then first time i gave it some welly it went into limp mode. Gearbox failure, engine low power, suspension lowered, limted gears available. Pulled over but half a mile down the road again it did it again. Was also really dissappointed with the ride comfort and all the rattles in the cabin.

Went to shields in Glasgow and was basically shunned off by the salesman. Told him I was interested in a used TDV8 and he just replied with "yeah we have two", what about the red on one the website I replied, "was a demo from another dealer, just gone back"......Silence........ Ok see you later mate, another place can have my business. Taggarts guy was much better but didn't have any in stock.

BUT the MY10 was in. Totally loved the interior, great improvement. Don't know if I can look at an older one now

Also test drove a 3.0d X5, what a horrible engine, really rattly like a transit when pulling away, not getting one of those. Will try a 4.87 sometime.

Also missed an M5 by just a few hours, pity.

The search goes on! Will have to try another RRS but wonder if I'm being spoilt by the solid interior and ride comfort on my BMW 335i (with lowered springs!!) Thinking about a Range Rover Sport TDV8

Post #235072 Sat Aug 29 2009 1:42pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 
Re: Back from Glasgow shopping

finnie wrote:
Also test drove a 3.0d X5, what a horrible engine, really rattly like a transit when pulling away, not getting one of those. Will try a 4.87 sometime.

we test drove this last year and concluded the same - we were amazed that the RRS was quieter and smoother than the X5

Post #235073 Sat Aug 29 2009 4:00pm
7heo

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver

The limited gears etc might be related to the battery being low. I know that i had an issue with my battery a few weeks ago and i was getting Limited Gears, HDC Errors and also errors with the parking sensors.

Post #235080 Sat Aug 29 2009 6:55pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Also the rattles might be down to the new ball joints and bushes being fitted. Lets face it if they can flog it without paying any money up front they will. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #235126 Mon Aug 31 2009 9:18am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I was in Taggarts Land Rover Maryhill Road last week and saw their Zermatt TDv6 on the showroom floor.
If you can get to Stirling I know Morrisons Land Rover at Bannockburn had several used RRS on the forecourt
last week but don't know if any were TDv8. After tomorrow there should be a bigger selection of used RRS for sale Whistle Have you tried using the used car locator on the Land Rover website? I wouldn't go near Shields ever! I tried to buy a then new Disco2 through them and was totally ignored by the show room staff who were all sat at their desks eating their lunch when I went in at 1pm with an appointment for a test drive............................ never been back since and I see the regularly get mentions in What Car? mag from frustrated customers 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #235127 Mon Aug 31 2009 9:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1