RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Generally reliable....but
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

KiwiRRS

New Zealand 
Generally reliable....but

My TDV6 has just clocked over twos and 55000km. All happy until recently (last six months) when replaced the drivers seat, replacement even worse (awaiting LR engineers to devise a fix, in the mean time the seat moves, apparently there is a TSB about this); DVD screen faded in and out - replaced screen, now a slight pinkish tinge; EGR replaced after three visits to the dealer; fuel pump replaced after a number of times conking out in traffic (scary!); rear load cover replaced as the seam split and now a heavy and loud clonk has appeared from the front right hand side suspension when braking or moving back or forward. Another trip to the dealer on Monday morning I suppose. At least I have twelve months warranty left! These issues are a shame, and I am reluctant to bag the car because it is really very good, and in the first 45,000km the car was virtually faultless, but these issues shouldn't be happening at such a low milage. javascript:emoticon('Sad')

Post #235052 Sat Aug 29 2009 6:30am
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

My previous BMW X5 was like that, constant problems and whilst covered by warranty.

I think all car brands are the same, you get some who drive problem free, others who experience more pain.

At least you have warranty!

Post #235055 Sat Aug 29 2009 8:15am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Might also be worth getting you dealer to check out the Bushes and Ball joints, i have had a continual clonk over the last 3 months that no one in the dealership could find, after closer inspection the dealer opted for the "new and improved" Ball joints, which are now on back order with the UK (new design apparently to make them more robust). Getting it changed under warranty (the extended one). Kept knocking even when i went over something marginal like a joint in the road Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #235095 Sun Aug 30 2009 7:01am
KiwiRRS

New Zealand 
Thanks Zilch

Thanks Zilch, I took the wheels off yesterday but couldn't find anything of note. I too suspect a ball joint so will ask them to look at these carefully. Thanks for your advice.

Post #235114 Sun Aug 30 2009 6:41pm
KiwiRRS

New Zealand 
Thanks Zilch

Thanks Zilch, I took the wheels off yesterday but couldn't find anything of note. I too suspect a ball joint so will ask them to look at these carefully. Thanks for your advice.

Post #235115 Sun Aug 30 2009 6:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1