RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > And Ford's most profitable car to March 2009 was....?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
And Ford's most profitable car to March 2009 was....?

Yes in Ford's hands the Range Rover Sport was Ford's most profitable car up to handing over to Tata in March. RRS made Ford more money per car than any other vehicle made by the Blue Oval - including cheap to build high profit wagons like the F-150 Pick-up................................... are we proud of this achievement, I think not as it means we was robbed! This is according to the editorial in Autocar today 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #234694 Wed Aug 26 2009 4:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

I'm rather proud of that Whistle Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #234726 Wed Aug 26 2009 5:29pm
Tim in Scotland

Yes I suppose you would! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #234727 Wed Aug 26 2009 5:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

And you're surpised by thi Tim? After all this is "rip off Britain" we live in now. A country that gives illegals a half mill house in Surrey!

This country will always shaft the motorist regardless of who's in power in London!

Mini Rant over. Twisted Evil Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #234728 Wed Aug 26 2009 5:36pm
Tim in Scotland

Half a mill in Surrey will get you a garage with a wonky up and over door 4WDr! I nearly died when I found out how much my cousin paid for his 4 bed house in Surrey's equivalent of a sink estate in an area called St George's Hill or something, OK it's a large house in a big garden but he paid nearly £2million for it. For that price I wouldn't expect to be able to see my neighbours house, but his neighbour's are about 20ft away on each side! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #234730 Wed Aug 26 2009 5:51pm
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Getting back to the original question, I wouldn't look at as us being robbed. More that Ford were producing a product that was so good it's popularity meant they could not possibly keep supply up with demand.
Hence, until recently (post credit crunch) none or minimal discounts available - equals max profit.
And back to Surrey house prices, same answer - Supply and Demand. Too many people with enough money want to live there.

Post #234735 Wed Aug 26 2009 6:10pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Half a mill in Surrey will get you a garage with a wonky up and over door 4WDr! I nearly died when I found out how much my cousin paid for his 4 bed house in Surrey's equivalent of a sink estate in an area called St George's Hill or something, OK it's a large house in a big garden but he paid nearly £2million for it. For that price I wouldn't expect to be able to see my neighbours house, but his neighbour's are about 20ft away on each side!

I don't think St George's Hill is much of a sink estate, Tim Whistle Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #234759 Thu Aug 27 2009 8:09am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

St.George's Hill is full of imigrants! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #234761 Thu Aug 27 2009 8:22am
Artful Dodger

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I can confirm that certain parts on the RRS are budget, I trade with the company that makes the displays (the Censored green lcd) and its the cheapest most out of date technology but LR wont upgrade it, i am told the new model is just as bad. Embarassed

Post #234764 Thu Aug 27 2009 9:04am
Tim in Scotland

Artful, somebody has misled you, 2010 D4, RRS and FFRR now have a superb TFT screen and , in FFRR, virtual instuments in the main binnacle that makes what all other car makers fit look decidedly low rent/ bargain basement/poundstore. Low rent it certainly isn't, IIRC there isn't one naff green LCD display in the car 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #234765 Thu Aug 27 2009 9:28am
Artful Dodger

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Arhh that's good news! I did just see that they have put an alogue clock in the centre console, isnt that a bit 80's?

Post #234766 Thu Aug 27 2009 9:37am
Tim in Scotland

and so do many other car makers like Bentley/Rolls Royce/Maseratti........................................... if it looks right I have no objections but I do hope there is a repeater in the main binnacle. One other thing that I had in my Freelander was a clock that was linked to the LR branded (but Phillips/Siemens made CARiN system) satnav and had an RF link to the time signal system so I never had to reset the clock when we the spring and autumn time changes happened, it also changed the 2 other clocks in the car and could cope with crossing timezones. 10 years later no car maker appears to fit a system that can look after summer and standard time like my Freebie could. When I had the FFRR at least when I changed the clock in the radio the dash clock also changed, but not in RRS or D3 or Freely2 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #234768 Thu Aug 27 2009 9:48am
McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I think the main reason why they earned so much per car is because they sold much more than they were planning to do! Nowadays the only way to make money on a car is to sell a lot of them (or to put the price up really a lot like the Bugatti, e.g. which is still too cheap to make any money! Shocked ) and you earn really much money when you sell more cars than planned.

So this tells us the RRS is the car that performed best compared to the expected volumes and this tells us it must be a great car which we already knew of course! Thumbs Up

And after all I don't care about which customers Ford ripps of because I never bought a new car in my life and never will! Thumbs Up Mr. Green RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #234774 Thu Aug 27 2009 10:33am
mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I agree that Range Rover Sports cost too much. They are not in the same quality bracket as BMW or Mercedes (I have had a number of both). A pretty design and unique suspension do not make a whole car.

The new HSE 3.0 diesel should sell for about £39K new. Mind you, give it a year and it may well do.

Profiteering is a nasty word. And before any of the 'in the industry brigade' start bleating on about have to make a fair profit, look at the price of a RRS in the US and the equivalent model in the UK. Not even allowing for the fact that it costs more to ship the car to the dealership in Texas than the one in Tunbridge Wells.

So, I am not "rather proud".

Incidentally, it's not Land Rover who are at fault. They participate in this rip off, yes. But all of the car manufacturers are at it.

It needs legislation! I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #234813 Thu Aug 27 2009 1:20pm
Tim in Scotland

Mercury, for a company like Land Rover it costs peanuts to ship cars in the volume they do - they negotiate rates with the shipper and guarantee so many units a year - probably cost LR no more than £300 each (probably a lot less) to ship the cars in the volume they ship them. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #234858 Thu Aug 27 2009 4:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>