RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Thoughts on the UK
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>

Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

... and they do Doctor Who here ! Was that f###ing good or wot Thumbs Up RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #112873 Sat Jun 02 2007 8:23pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Doctor Who is poo!! RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #112874 Sat Jun 02 2007 8:51pm
Smarticus

.. OK, if the JM clan think Doctor Who is Poo then, what on the BeeB do you think is f###ing good ! Question

Its sad to say that the whole "Smarticus" family (including the 2 Labradors Thumbs Up ) think Doctor Who is just the best, and getting better and better.

Worth the licence fee all on its own Bow down Thumbs Up Razz RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #112875 Sat Jun 02 2007 9:13pm
JayMann

Laughing Laughing Only joking mate if that what you like then that's all good by me Thumbs Up

You'd love some of the D/W mag we have in the paper shop at the mo

I wish i had the time to have a fav show mate Sad RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #112876 Sat Jun 02 2007 9:17pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

I am still a Brit at heart but I just think that the cost of living there is extortionate. UNDENIABLE FACT

The weather well and truly sucks - UNDENIABLE FACT

Immigration is a problem spiralling out of control - UNDENIABLE FACT

HOWEVER......

I do not hate the place as I am proud to be British and would buy a place there as that is where friends and family live, as well as our roots.

As far as the comments on ex-pats, sadly in general I have to agree! Sad

Great life out here but all they do is whinge and moan Confused Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #112877 Sat Jun 02 2007 9:23pm
JayMann

Supertrotter wrote:
Great life out here but all they do is whinge and moan Confused

Mate it's not just there their like that over here as well

Every day in the shop all i get is Look how bad the weather is it's so cold, it's to hot, it's to wet, your to good looking, there's to many kid's about, these to many foreigners about so what if i don't have a job and haven't had one for the past 10 year their till taking all our job's

Shut the Censored up i can't do anything about it if you want to do anything go get a job first!!!!!!!! Censored RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #112878 Sat Jun 02 2007 9:33pm
Smarticus

Supertrotter wrote:
I am still a Brit at heart but I just think that the cost of living there is extortionate. UNDENIABLE FACT

The weather well and truly sucks - UNDENIABLE FACT

Immigration is a problem spiralling out of control - UNDENIABLE FACT

HOWEVER......

I do not hate the place as I am proud to be British and would buy a place there as that is where friends and family live, as well as our roots.

As far as the comments on ex-pats, sadly in general I have to agree! Sad

Great life out here but all they do is whinge and moan Confused

Hey, this beats reading the kids a bedtime story, so here's my response :

Its been 21 degrees C all day today. Almost unbearably hot for Gawd's sake. I've actully burnt my ear lugs ! Spent the day at Cragside in Northumberland. The Rhoddendrums were just spectacular, swimming in the hill top lakes with the dogs was brilliant and we returned home to BBQ and Booze a plenty. Lets hope its cooler tomorrow - hey rain would be good - very refreshing . But at least I'll be able to sleep well tonight as its cooling off nicely now. I'm just not at all good in this hot weather nonesense ! Thumbs Up

Cost of living wise - well it was free to get into Cragside today (yep you guessed - we are NT members), and Waitrose was stuffed full of top quality BBQ steaks and Stilton Beefburgers, for just £2.99 a pack - Yummy). We've never had it so good Thumbs Up

Immigration - you've got to love it. I met some brilliant Polish guys and Girls at a night out in Newcastle last week, and the Latvian dancers at Spearmint Rhino on Monday were Mr. Green Many of the companies I work with rely on a workforce made up of immigrants, who will very happily work long and hard on some "challenging" jobs. Wht on earth the UK economy would do without them right now Question And lets face it, how many of us can truly say we don't come from immigrant stock within the last 2,000 years. I'm probably a bit Roman, Scandinavian, North German and maybe even Ghengis Khan had a "small part" to play in my genetic code (Times 2 weeks ago said something like 1 in 20 of the population of the world is related to good ol Ghengis - bit of a Ladd apparently Razz

So, my point is, there is many ways at looking at every issue, and with jsut a bit of effort we can normally find a positive, welcome and optimistic angle. Could catch on you know .... Thumbs Up Oh yes and UNDENIABLE facts probably don't actually exist in real life. Its way too complex, rich and diverse a world for anything to be so simple. Hey, Hitler believed he knew all sorts of things were UNDENIABLE facts - but look how wrong he turned out to be Wink

PS : Jay - I knew you would be a closet fan of the big Doc - but I bet you were hiding behind the sofa when those scarecrows went on the rampage. Our whole family have made a really cosy "nest" behind the sofa, that we reserve for Saturday nights between 7 and 8pm.

Now where is that bottle opener ...... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #112879 Sat Jun 02 2007 9:40pm
JayMann

Mate i Kidd you not i don't not watch it at that time of night I'm still in the shop doing the last house of the day clocking up the 13th hour Very Happy

Sound's like you had a grate day out today mate bet you get to do stuff like that all the time ??

Us as a family we have never been on a family holiday or day out the only time we do ever all go out is after we lock the shop up and that is not very often!

But anyway that's not what we're talking about here!

Like i said before i do like it here think it's just thing that are going on over here now Evil or Very Mad RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #112883 Sat Jun 02 2007 10:06pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Jay, just you keep working hard - it keeps the unemployed and scroungers in the style to which they have become accustomed. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #112888 Sat Jun 02 2007 10:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

I like Dr Who Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner

Post #112891 Sat Jun 02 2007 10:18pm
JayMann

Will do Tim Very Happy RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #112893 Sat Jun 02 2007 10:20pm
pussy

Well I have read the thread and agree with all of you but, reading between the lines ST is quite happy to bounce between both countries and good luck to him and his lady and future children. He is fortunate that he can do this with the way his life is structured, good on you. But, do not forget that we are passionate and it is our choice not to leave Gods country. We have all the seasons and the landscape changes each day with the weather. Lovely Thumbs Up I personally pinch myself when, my rush hour is stuck behind the milk tanker or a tractor carting and also, the views through the 6 miles of country lanes to the yard are picture post card.

We as a country have our problems and hopefully, a big hopefully it will sort itself out, (Doctor Who) only kidding, I wholeheartedly agree with Kaine, We are just over the border from him and by golly both sides are unbelievably Stunning as it is on the whole.

Not meant to offend anybody. no regrets!
ONE LIFE LIVE IT.

Post #112900 Sat Jun 02 2007 10:31pm
Smarticus

JayMann wrote:

Us as a family we have never been on a family holiday or day out the only time we do ever all go out is after we lock the shop up and that is not very often!

Jay - look man that just ain't right ! You guys must make a decent income (just look at the metal you drive) but where is the "life" if you have to work 14 hours a day, 7 days a week ? I think we should start a campaign to "send Jay and his family on holiday" (I hear Cyprus is nice Razz ). Perhaps we could all volunteer to take turns looking after your shop for a week or 2 ? RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #112902 Sat Jun 02 2007 10:32pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

personally I live in Kaine's World - dont care where I live as long as I am happy Wink

Post #112905 Sat Jun 02 2007 10:34pm
aljo

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

pussy wrote:
Stunning as it is on the whole.

Shocked Shocked you have just left yourself wide open to some disgusting comment from brian now Whistle 

Post #112906 Sat Jun 02 2007 10:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>