Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L461) > Possible order Range Rover Sport P440e or P460e
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 
Possible order Range Rover Sport P440e or P460e

After an absence since selling my L320 Black Edition in 2015 I’m considering a return to the fold so first off if anyone remember me I’d like to say “Hi”👋

It’s a long story but let’s just say the grass isn’t always greener on the other side 🤦‍♂️

I’m in need of a good tow vehicle for a 1900kg Coachman Lusso 1

I’ve narrowed down my choices to -

Range Rover Sport P440e or P460e

Land Rover Discovery 5 D300 MHEV

Land Rover Defender 110 P400e

Interested to get owners feedback before I sell my soul to the devil again 🤣 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #642937 Sun Jun 30 2024 8:04am
JDPRRSUK

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Latest versions are best yet in my opinion. Incredible vehicles.

Your PHEV choice is interesting because although they offer great power and smoothness, the range is not great and if you are towing long distance they can be underpowered and thirsty once battery runs out (50-60 miles). Pulling a lot of extra dead weight in batteries). If your journey’s are more local they would be my choice.

The big diesels (D300 or D350) are rock solid, refined and very economical.

I have driven Disco, Defender and I currently have RRS D350 which is best yet but we also have a smaller Evoque P300 PHEV. Both great but on anything beyond battery range I would prefer the diesel.

Post #642940 Sun Jun 30 2024 9:10am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Thanks for your reply Bow down

We loved both our RRS but unfortunately fell out of love with their issues and dealerships 😳

Since ditching the green oval after 16 years we’ve had 2 faultless PHEVs (Outlander and Countryman) but battery range was disappointing ☹️

Currently towing with a Mazda CX60 PHEV which is Censored

39 EV miles when new dropped over winter as expected but hasn’t recovered and we’re half way through the year - add to this constant faults and recalls with the worst suspension I can remember I’m done with it 🤦‍♂️

I’d still like a PHEV - most of the time I’m in EV range and towing I’ve had similar mpg to my last RRS SDV6 - I also don’t need to worry about DPF etc 🤞

For the last week I’ve had an mx30 EV and if the CX60 was as good or the mx30 towed I’d be happy - it even got me searching for an EV tow car but not happening 😳

So 60-70 miles EV on the RRS looks good - ideally I would prefer a diesel PHEV but only MB do that and not a fan 🤔

My last RRS was £60k OTR and I’m losing £24k in just 12 months on the Mazda so I need to get this right as it’s mega money 😳 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #642941 Sun Jun 30 2024 10:20am
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

Perhaps I’m missing something but you have a D300 Disco 5 MHEV, but NOT a D300 L461 MHEV RRS on your “possibles” list.

I have a D300 L461 AB - I don’t tow with it, but it’s the best RRS of the five I've had.

Perhaps it’s worth considering?

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #642946 Sun Jun 30 2024 4:20pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Hi Scrumps - long time 👋

The Disco Diesel was a only under consideration because dealer had it physically in stock and offered a deal but due to being a diesel was last resort - anyway after test drive today it’s no longer under consideration 😳

Defender has now been struck off as waiting list is forever and dealer has no stock 🤷‍♂️

Drove diesel and PHEV RRS today and looks like it’s going to be a Black Dynamic SE PHEV with privacy glass and deployable towbar end of next week 🍾🥂

Really wanted the Verasine Blue but only available if D5 ☹️

Click image to enlarge
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #642947 Sun Jun 30 2024 5:20pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

muddywheels wrote:
Thanks for your reply Bow down

We loved both our RRS but unfortunately fell out of love with their issues and dealerships 😳

Since ditching the green oval after 16 years we’ve had 2 faultless PHEVs (Outlander and Countryman) but battery range was disappointing ☹️

Currently towing with a Mazda CX60 PHEV which is Censored

39 EV miles when new dropped over winter as expected but hasn’t recovered and we’re half way through the year - add to this constant faults and recalls with the worst suspension I can remember I’m done with it 🤦‍♂️

I’d still like a PHEV - most of the time I’m in EV range and towing I’ve had similar mpg to my last RRS SDV6 - I also don’t need to worry about DPF etc 🤞

For the last week I’ve had an mx30 EV and if the CX60 was as good or the mx30 towed I’d be happy - it even got me searching for an EV tow car but not happening 😳

So 60-70 miles EV on the RRS looks good - ideally I would prefer a diesel PHEV but only MB do that and not a fan 🤔

My last RRS was £60k OTR and I’m losing £24k in just 12 months on the Mazda so I need to get this right as it’s mega money 😳

I'm finished with LR/RR now after 34 years and apart from dealer/reliability issues I'm horrified at the cost of a RRS now. Using the finance calculator on the 'build your RRS' page the cost of buying the car on PCP is at least £54k over three years for an HSE Dynamic. Add in the huge insurance cost, running costs and unknown reliability and I'm glad I'm out. Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #643130 Mon Jul 08 2024 9:14pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Tim I was looking elsewhere aswell but everything else that was semi available in 6-8 weeks was costing more than a new RRS, I was going to wait until next year and get a new shape one approved used for around £60k, but as I currently have to pcp it there was no point, the deals around just now, £10k discount, low Apr on new, 500 stock units available & inflated guaranteed future values made sense for me to go for it now. These new cars are massively superior to the L494’s they are replacing.

As an example a comparable X5 was going to be at least £200 a month more for me with the same deposit etc. I was getting huge discounts on X5 & X6 before I moved back to JLR in 2016 so couldn’t go back to BMW unless things realigned. An XC90 was going to be similar to the X5 cost wise, these were around £550 a month in 2021, nearly double that now and have not moved on much if at all!

Post #643132 Mon Jul 08 2024 9:58pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

timhum wrote:
I'm finished with LR/RR now after 34 years and apart from dealer/reliability issues I'm horrified at the cost of a RRS now. Using the finance calculator on the 'build your RRS' page the cost of buying the car on PCP is at least £54k over three years for an HSE Dynamic. Add in the huge insurance cost, running costs and unknown reliability and I'm glad I'm out.

Another name from the past Bow down

Sorry to hear you’ve given up - I didn’t think I’d be back but I’ve just lost over £20k in a year on the Censored Mazda and thought I’d give JLR another chance - I will admit the insurance is giving me cold feet but after the test drive nothing else gave me that feeling like the RRS - definitely heart not head again this time Embarassed

I’m at the stage where there’s more cars behind me than in front and this might be my last tow vehicle so I’m taking a big leap of faith with the protection of pcp if it all goes wrong - mistake I made in the past was using cash Big Cry

Hope you’re happy with your next car Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #643133 Mon Jul 08 2024 10:13pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Hi Muddy,

I've had the Kodiaq for 1 year and 15k miles now with, fingers crossed, no issues. Its quiet, decent performance, economical and cheap to run. It doesn't have the ride of a RRS but its £45k less expensive.
I also enjoy the fact that its so much smaller than the RRS whilst having as much room inside. In fact the huge size of the latest RRS really put me off it. We live in rural Suffolk with loads of narrow lanes making passing often quite difficult. The last RRS continually collected scratch marks down the sides from vegetation, the new one would be even worse.
The final nail in the coffin of my RRS was electrical problems which dealers couldn't seem to sort out even after spending 3 weeks with them at one point. Lets hope the latest car is better in this respect.

Finally why haven't the dealer, Marshall's Cambridge, ever phoned me since I cancelled my order saying that the situation has improved and would I like to talk. It would cost them nothing and might have restored some confidence.

I really can't see me returning to LR/RR ever again.

Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #643141 Tue Jul 09 2024 11:51am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Tim - Sorry to hear this and reminds me why I left 2015-16 ☹️

I looked at Skoda and loads but finding a good tow match for 1900kg was difficult and might need 2000 kg next - also everything I looked at was expensive now - gone are the cheap brands - Skoda and Kia are crazy prices too 🤦‍♂️

This time it’s PCP and min deposit - 1st sign of trouble I’m out of here - been too patient in the past and smooth talked into accepting another go at the problem blah blah but no more 😡 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #643142 Tue Jul 09 2024 11:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1