Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Front AC vents turn off on Auto AC set to low
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

pjbracer1

England 
Front AC vents turn off on Auto AC set to low

Hiya

Got a strange one and think I know the answer already but wondered it anyone else gets the same.

2014 L494

When using the AC (well its on all the time to be fair) if it hot and I set the AC to auto and low, the car is nice and cool and the AC works as it should but after some time the front middle vents stop blowing, yet the rest and especially the rear (in the boot the one on the left) sty at full chat!

Now this can be rememdied by turning AC off and then on again and setting it not to auto but just on almost full blowers.

The car is not hot so to speak but its noce to have the cool blowers on after a hot summer walk!

I think the reason it does this is kinda by design where the front area has reached is cool temp and the sensors then turn the vents off so the air can be more focused tot he other areas that might not have reach the right temp.

If I set them to full blowers just not auto it doesnt happen which is why I think its not a problem unless maybe a temp sensor in the front isnt working, but it only does it when its full cool mode.

I dont think this is an actual problem but more of a design flaw where the 4 zone climate is doing it thing.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this.

One annoying thing is that the timed climate vent cant use the ac as it needs the enigne running so I can have a nice warm car in the winter with the aux heater but it can get a bit steamy as the ac cant work and no cool car in the summer.

It can self park and auto brake but can auto cool! Still 21st century problems I guess If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #642856 Wed Jun 26 2024 10:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1