RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Roof Rails - not Bars!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BennyI

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Roof Rails - not Bars!

Good morning,

I’m new to the forum as I haven’t been able to find anything on Google that helps so hoping that first hand experience is a better way forward….

I am looking to fit OEM roof rails to a 2017 RRS, longer term I want to be able to fit a roof tent so have discounted the idea of the roof bars with the foot packs.

My RRS is a standard HSE spec so came with the filler strips in the roof, I’m looking to fit permanent rails.

My ever-so handy ‘hubby’ is happy to fit them himself but we think we would need the template to cut the existing filler strip successfully.

There are loads of kits available and videos on how to do it but my question is - has anyone found a good set of rails, with the template that they would recommend?

I’d also be interested in products to avoid!!

Thanks

Post #642628 Fri Jun 14 2024 9:26am
2 RRS

United Kingdom 

When I added OEM roof rails to my 2014 L494 I purchased the rail kit and an additional 'finisher kit' which is the fillers you are referring to, they are precut to allow the brackets that you attach to the roof to protrude through and then attach to the rails. Seem to recall they are only available in black or silver.

I think you could effectively cut holes in yours to acheive the same effect, just not sure how you would go about templating it.

Here's a link to the LR catalogue for the rails and finishers, better sit down before you look at the price!

https://store.landrover.com/parts/index/pa...and-rover/

The below link is for the fitting instructions to give you some idea of what you are up against.

https://accessories-instructions.landrover...4614201057

Hope this helps.

Post #642629 Fri Jun 14 2024 10:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1