RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > po234-77 turbo overboost
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Olive17

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
po234-77 turbo overboost

Hi all. I’ve had a 2016 RRS for three months now and it’s been in the garage several times already! I had been getting the DPF message to drive the car for 20 mins at 40mph several times after long journeys & then got the red light & limp mode. I took it to our local (not Indy) carnage as the wait for the Indy was several weeks. They weren’t able to clear the DPF and gave quotes of around £1600 for the new part. I then waited and took it to the Indy who were able to override the code & clean it.

It was lovely to have no engine or any other lights on the dash for an entire two days.

Last night the engine light came back on Big Cry we have an icarsoft so plugged that in & numberous codes have come up, including the turbo overboost. I’ve read that the issues with this stop the dpf from regenerating and people replacing the throttle body:

My question is whether this is something which would have been pre placed with a new engine? The car had a new engine less than two years ago & is still in warranty until the end of the month. I’m unsure as to whether to go to JLR or back to the Indy.

I’ll add, I decided buying a car with a new engine in this instance would hopefully turn out ok as the previous owner had all works & services at JLR & had been looked after. It appears I was a little optimistic.

Post #642330 Sun Jun 02 2024 8:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1