RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Land Rover/Ford & This Government
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 
Land Rover/Ford & This Government

It strikes me that this government is sending out the wrong message to Ford, owners of Land Rover the last of what was a great vehicle manufacturing car industry. By raising the VED to £400 it will hit sales of LR's in this country, Ford will look and declining sales and I wouldn't blame them into thinking 'why bother making LR's in a market that is hostile to them' and move production abroad. This of course would have terrible effects on many companies associated with LR with the result that many jobs would be lost. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Last edited by Very Annoyed on Thu Mar 22 2007 10:25am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #96185 Thu Mar 22 2007 9:33am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Unfortunately I agree VA, but then when has any government ever stopped to look at the longer term consequences of their actions - basically what Stalin Brown has done is bow to populist opinion. Unfortunately 90% of the population don't realise that they too will be hit hard by the High Polluting Vehicle Tax, even though they think they drive frugal and low emitting cars. I had a look through the tables at the back of What Car? mag last night and I would say that possibly more than 50% of the cars on the market now will get clobbered by this nice little earner for GB. Once the general public realise what he has done to them I doubt it will earn him many votes. I note that he didn't give any tax reductions or benefits to encourage people out of their cars and onto public transport, in fact he has even reduced the annual VED for the lowest emitting cars. why didn't he say that cars with engines less than say 1.0 litres or emitting less than 150g/km will pay NO tax - then you would see a rush of folks to buy them and manufacturers trying to produce cars to fit because of the DEMAND for them. Currently there is no incentive for anybody to buy low emissions cars - they are all such hopeless creatures only GP members want them. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #96188 Thu Mar 22 2007 9:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1