Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR owners: Did you test an X5M
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

MafroSVR

United States 
Re: SVR owners: Did you test an X5M

MSF21 wrote:
Curious if you tested the competition at all, or you like RRS so much you upgraded from another model in the range
The X5M is a different take on the same design brief as the SVR
The reviews seem good, as does the performance

Just curious if anyone tested one before plumping for an SVR

I bought my SVR last November and test drove the new X5M before my purchase.

Pros-The beamer was nice. Great finish, no delivery issues(which every RR I have had(4 in 4 years)has), it is faster at 4.0 0-60mph vs. 4.6 0-60mph for SVR, programmable modes that are permanent rather than have to set it up on every start up, but I am sure LR is going to change that, and lastly great finish.

Cons-Doesn't sound that good. Really quiet. VERY rough ride all the time which is a pro for SVR. Also, doesn't carry the same differentiation that a LR does. Seating position sucks. They use lots of cheaper looking plastics. BMW dealers suck in the US, so that was a big thing for me. To them you are just a number no matter how much you spend on a car. My local LR dealer is a big reason I stay with the brand. All in all I just don't get the same "feeling" when driving it.

The SVR is a great vehicle. People have to keep in mind that BMW has been making M/// cars for generations. This is LR's first attempt at a "R" vehicle, and they did a fantastic job. The SVR gives you a feeling of being a kid again. I am probably the most obnoxious driver in my town with how loud this car is, and to be honest, I LOVE IT! The SVR can climb a mountain one day, to the track or sporty road the next, and out to the opera later that evening all with a different attitude. Its like Jekyll and Hyde. It's a freak. And to the unknowing Mustang that stares the SVR up and down, little do they know I could smoke them at the light. That feeling is a great feeling. One that I have not experienced in any vehicle ever and I have had my share. I love to come out of the store and other drivers(sometimes other RRS owners) doing the dance around it, because no one knows what it is. Its exclusive. Only a certain few know. And if you can be part of that club, then I would join and not look back. Just be ready for quirks. But if you have had a LR before you have already looked past them. Very Happy

Post #495765 Thu May 12 2016 3:12pm
MSF21

Out of the SVR hunt. Just found out this morning wife is pregnant again!
4th child - you could not make this up Big Cry
New thread about to start !

Post #495981 Sat May 14 2016 3:47pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

DiscoSport or wait for the next Discovery 5 next year.................. RRS 5+2 is supposed to be a waste of time with respect to the two rear seats, only suitable for tiny, tiny tots! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #495992 Sat May 14 2016 4:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12