RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > They're everywhere!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I've looked at the newer models after 2013, but to be honest I don't like them half as much, and definitely less room in the rear load area. It may do more mpg but I think I'm going to stick to my "old" one. 😀 Has anybody else noticed the less space in latest models? Advantages/disadvantages between old and new (not the obvious things). John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #495604 Tue May 10 2016 10:22pm
IRBails

Australia 

Not common in Australia, Larger city I see a few of the Buy it for brand models, ie: no low Range and no functionality , but outside the big smoke I think they are just too expensive for people that are looking for a practical 4WD. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #495614 Wed May 11 2016 12:12am
sagalout

Sorry, I was referring to SVRs. L494 and l405's have always been popular around here - seeing 3 together is an everyday occurrence, but I expected the SVR to be a more rare sight!

Post #495617 Wed May 11 2016 1:00am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

IRBails wrote:
Not common in Australia, Larger city I see a few of the Buy it for brand models, ie: no low Range and no functionality , but outside the big smoke I think they are just too expensive for people that are looking for a practical 4WD.

Similar to northern UK then Laughing Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #495621 Wed May 11 2016 7:14am
Stecla

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I guess it's the flood of cheap lease deals which causes the popularity. There are not that many people with 60k plus burning a hole in their pocket, but plenty who can find the 700 quid a month or so lease payments. When you compare it to a 5 series for 400 quid a month or so, it looks good value and i guess people are seeing that...

I have an older one, but every 3rd car where I am seems to be a new sport.... 2010 TDV8

Post #495622 Wed May 11 2016 7:32am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Johnski wrote:
....Has anybody else noticed the less space in latest models? Advantages/disadvantages between old and new (not the obvious things).

I have no problem with the physical size of the load space BUT what really diminishes the practicality of the car is that awful design of the rear seat back folding system that a) doesn't provide any protection to the driver and front passenger should a load in the boot slip forward b) inability to fold the seat backs flat makes the RRS L494 more difficult to load than my last Evoque Coupe c) I'm concerned that loading anything of weight on the folded seat backs will not only damage the seat facings but also damage the shape of the seat backs as they seem quite flimsy. I think that LR has decided that cars with the 2 boot seats and those without them need to have the same bench seat design. The seat folding system in L320 RRS is far superior and safer. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #495628 Wed May 11 2016 8:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

One of the reasons I went from FL2 to RRS was the lack of boot space and now gone from RRS to DS because of similar issue - the DS boot is massive and the RRS2 shrunk Shocked

Agree on L320 folding seats Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #495653 Wed May 11 2016 11:36am
mikef

United Kingdom 

udash wrote:

maybe its the new look of Q7 that people doesn't like,

Audi have dropped a Censored with the exterior styling of the new Q7. In trying to tone down the in yer face styling of the previous Q7 they've made it completely bland except for its big ugly face. The interior is a work of art though

Post #495697 Wed May 11 2016 10:07pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

muddywheels wrote:
IRBails wrote:
Not common in Australia, Larger city I see a few of the Buy it for brand models, ie: no low Range and no functionality , but outside the big smoke I think they are just too expensive for people that are looking for a practical 4WD.

Similar to northern UK then Laughing

Their generally the ones that buy them to use them more for off road use. Very Happy John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #495698 Wed May 11 2016 10:15pm
sagalout

muddywheels wrote:
One of the reasons I went from FL2 to RRS was the lack of boot space and now gone from RRS to DS because of similar issue - the DS boot is massive and the RRS2 shrunk Shocked

Agree on L320 folding seats Thumbs Up

This is the only negative with the new one. It's the same with the L405 which I owned (briefly) before the SVR. No idea why Landrover have compromised in this area. A real advantage of my old Sport was the ability to basically turn it into a van for tip runs and transporting large objects. Made it the perfect all round vehicle.

Post #495712 Wed May 11 2016 11:03pm
timber__wolf

United Kingdom 

Autobiography wrote:
The L494 is turning into the first gen X5 of a few years ago when it seemed everybody had one.

Apart from the fact that we don't all try to get a registration plate with RRS in it Laughing

Post #495966 Sat May 14 2016 12:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just driven from Lewtrenchard in Devon down to St Ives and back today and the only cars that seemed to be hauling caravans or trailerloads of surf boards (and sometimes loaded up with the caravan and a roofrack loaded with boards!) were Disco3, Disco4, L320 RRS's but L493's seemed to out number them all, also a lot of Audi Q5's struggling to get up some of the steeper hills on the A30 and loaded Disco's and RRS's were overtaking them with ease! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #495972 Sat May 14 2016 2:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12