Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Electric window
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Dyldonk

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Sumatra Black
Electric window

Need Help/ advice please
I have a 2007 RRS. The drivers side window has developed a problem that it does not fully close when raising it. I don't get the clunk noise that it's fully up and get a noise of the window open when driving. I can physically lift it by putting my hands on either side of the glass, but it drops a little as soon as I shut the door.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
As a new owner still finding my way around the car.

Post #491796 Sat Mar 26 2016 1:51pm
mintyuk

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Stornoway Grey

Not sure if it's the same system on the RRS, but I had the same thing on my old P38 RR a few years back, and it was caused by the teeth on the lifting regulator starting to wear out. Rangie History ....
2007 Range Rover Sport 4.2 s/c HSE
2000 Range Rover P38 4.6v8 Vogue
1997 Range Rover P38 4.6v8 HSE

Post #491807 Sat Mar 26 2016 4:21pm
Woppyman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Siberian Silver
Re: Electric window

Dyldonk wrote:
Need Help/ advice please
I have a 2007 RRS. The drivers side window has developed a problem that it does not fully close when raising it. I don't get the clunk noise that it's fully up and get a noise of the window open when driving. I can physically lift it by putting my hands on either side of the glass, but it drops a little as soon as I shut the door.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
As a new owner still finding my way around the car.

Try this

1. NOTE: After the battery has been disconnected it is necessary to initialize each door window motor separately to operate the "one-touch" up function.
• NOTE: Make sure a minimum of 2 minutes from initial disconnect of battery has elapse prior to reconnecting the battery. The initialising of the window glass motor must be conducted with the engine running.
Operate the window control switch until the door window glass is in the fully closed position, continue to operate the window control switch for a further two seconds.

2. Release the window control switch.

3. Operate the window control switch in the closed position and continue to operate the window control switch for a further two seconds.

4. Operate the window control switch until the door window glass is in the fully open position ("one-touch" down).

5. NOTE: If the door window motor initialization has been completed correctly, when the window control switch is operated, the door window glass should move to the fully closed position ("one-touch" up) automatically.
• NOTE: If the door window glass does not fully close automatically ("one-touch" up), repeat the complete procedure.
Operate the window control switch once to the close position.

6. Repeat the door window motor initialization for each door window motor. Evoque HSE Dynamic
5.0 Charger MY12

Post #491838 Sat Mar 26 2016 10:08pm
RobP

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Did the OP find a fix for this?

Now got exactly this issue and have tried re initializing window lift mechanism. Convinced its not an electronic issue and my suspicion is a worn regulator mechanism or similar

I am able to manually lift the window on the upward movement so fully closed but there remains about 5-6mm up / down movement on the glass. feels almost like a tooth missing on regulator TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #494354 Sun Apr 24 2016 7:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1