Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Activating Different options, TPMS & Dual View
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

a3hy

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White
Activating Different options, TPMS & Dual View

I have a 2012 sport without TPMS and Dual view tv

I have changed the wheels to 21" genuine land rover wheels and they came with the TPMS valves in. Is it just a case of activating the system at the dealers for this to work or is a lot more involved, I'm not that bothered about it but whilst the wheels have the valves it would have been nice if i could get it to work on the info display (wheels are actually off a 2014 sport)

Also same question for dual view tv, is this an activation or a whole new head unit.

Thanks

Post #469965 Sun Aug 09 2015 8:37pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I have both Dual View and TPMS, I think the Dual View would be a complete Head Unit and some wiring as it was a Optional Extra when new and there is a Dual View switch where the Set Up switch normally is on the Dash.

The TPMS which was a option as well and is not really that good in my own personal experience of it, it only Activates when Tyre Pressure drops to 20psi. which is o.k. I suppose and you are actually driving and it goes down but I would have thought you might know you have a flat tyre by then. It is also prone to Flashing up when the Ambient Air Temp. is high and there is nothing wrong with the Tyres or Sensors.

I also fitted 21" rims from a 2015 Car and changed the Sensors as they are different Part Numbers for the RRS1 to the RRS2' I'm not saying they would not work because I don't know but you may have to fit the later RRS2 Receiver assuming it would fit.

Cheers
Col

Post #469973 Sun Aug 09 2015 9:15pm
a3hy

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

ah okay, thought it might be the case with the dual view.

Re the TPMS, if thats the case i don't think i will bother, might be worth it if it showed live tyre pressures but if it only warns when really low then its not for me as i do check tyres very regularly... bit OTT where tyres are concerned.

Thanks for info.

Post #469983 Sun Aug 09 2015 10:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1