Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > BMW X4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

AlsaaMike

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zambezi Silver
BMW X4

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/attachment.p...1366371650
Smaller brother to the BMW X6 at launch in China.
On sale next year priced between the X3 and X5!
Visibility out the rear window looks marginally better than the 2 door Evoque.
 2011 BMW X3 35i Carbon Black
2006 RRS HSE 4.4, Zambezi Silver
Swiftly and with style!!!

Post #381031 Sat Apr 20 2013 6:09pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Won't bother looking, it's a BMW so instantly c Censored p Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #381039 Sat Apr 20 2013 6:39pm
mike21

2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Don't agree, the wife's 3 series excellent build quality, dare I say better than LR...................!!!! Shocked 2019 BMW X3 2.0i M Sport in metalic black- Brilliant
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Atlantic Grey, replaced with 2018 Frost White Outlander PHEV, can't fault em - now gone
2012 SDV6 HSE in Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass & Side Steps (notice a theme)! - Even better but now gone
2009 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey, 20" alloys, Privacy Glass & Side Steps - Fantastic! but gone

Post #381059 Sat Apr 20 2013 9:53pm
mse

United Kingdom 

There never has been and never will be a good a BMW - ill personally never conform to the propaganda Whistle

That said - never notice any build quality issues with any of my land rovers - even the defenders...i would also say our fords and VW's have been similar... Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #381064 Sat Apr 20 2013 10:35pm
BKHK

Australia 

Good objective view as usual mse. The X4 couldn't be any worse than the Evoque with its tractor like diesel and tractor sounding 4 cylinder petrol engine, they are hardly sweet units are they?

Post #381074 Sun Apr 21 2013 6:29am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

BKHK wrote:
Good objective view as usual mse. The X4 couldn't be any worse than the Evoque with its tractor like diesel and tractor sounding 4 cylinder petrol engine, they are hardly sweet units are they?

BK have you heard the latest 4 pot BMW oil burner in the 320 range, makes an old Trabant sounds positively sweet Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #381075 Sun Apr 21 2013 7:04am
mse

United Kingdom 

BKHK wrote:

First i didnt say it was objective

Second im not blindly following BMW - like most muppets

Third im clear about my dislike for anything BMW, from and evidenced stand point

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Fourth the evoque can be not worse than a BMW - at least they work off road and arent ostentatious rubbish that dont actually do anything constructive except maybe move forward when the weather is good Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #381076 Sun Apr 21 2013 8:42am
BKHK

Australia 

I know Zilch, it hard to make a 4 pot diesel sound sweet but the one I drove in an Evoque was particularly nasty. I always like to disagree with mse but since he knows gentry, rich gentry with money, I am worried that it will be orf with my head, especially as I drive a BMW Rolling with laughter

Post #381083 Sun Apr 21 2013 11:54am
Sag

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I like that.

Looks and sits better than it's elder brother (sister?). Body size and ride height are proportioned better than the X6. LCFC. Receiver of threatening letters from Overfinch.

Post #381086 Sun Apr 21 2013 2:08pm
defender_uk

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

mse wrote:
BKHK wrote:

First i didnt say it was objective

Second im not blindly following BMW - like most muppets

Third im clear about my dislike for anything BMW, from and evidenced stand point

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Fourth the evoque can be not worse than a BMW - at least they work off road and arent ostentatious rubbish that dont actually do anything constructive except maybe move forward when the weather is good

Well said MSE....fully agree

Post #381087 Sun Apr 21 2013 2:15pm
sparky8181

England 

Sag wrote:
I like that.

Looks and sits better than it's elder brother (sister?). Body size and ride height are proportioned better than the X6.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure, I think due to the shape of the x4 it needs to be the size of an x6 or its just going to look a little odd, as if its not really sure what type of car it is.

Post #381089 Sun Apr 21 2013 2:44pm
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Sag wrote:
I like that.

Looks and sits better than it's elder brother (sister?). Body size and ride height are proportioned better than the X6.

Hmm, doesn't look bad, but, if they would get rid of the black plastic wheel arch trim, drop it a couple of inches, I think it's what the BMW GT should have looked like. Not the monstrousity that that is.

Either way, it's a BMW, which is also known as a: Bayerischer Mist Wagen... which roughly translates into Bavarian Crap Car, or Bavarian Manure Car depending if you capitalise the M, but, the sentiment is the same Wink so I personally wouldn't dream of getting one...

Cheers

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #381151 Mon Apr 22 2013 9:22am
BKHK

Australia 

I have recently test driven (just out of curiosity) the 3.0d X4, its quite similar to the X6 but feels quick for a single turbo, probably due to the lightness of the car. Its nice to have a 6 in a car that size, the Ewok needs a 6 badly. If I wanted an X style coupe but smaller than the X6, I could be very tempted, until......

I went to a BMW track day today and burned some rubber doing laps in a new M3. Wow, that thing was FAST and sounds great. I absolutely caned it and enjoyed every minute. I want one. Now, I just have to tell Mrs BKHK that we need to downsize to a smaller 3 Series sedan. Se won't know the difference between it and a 320i, I will just tell her I have the bigger wheels and sport seats! Laughing

Post #441669 Thu Nov 06 2014 9:40am
Beancounter_74

England 

Glad you're considering the M3 and not the M4 BKHK, think they are the thinking mans choice Wink Thumbs Up

Having always wanted an M3, I've followed them closely and came very close when I bought my 520d...... very differnt cars I know, but remarkably similar lease profiles at the time Confused

Anyway, a bit like you, that's all gone out the window though as I recently had a 24 hour test drive in a R35 GT-R (MY14 with lovely hugging Recaro's) and I'm now seriously contemplating one in the new year. Yes it's a Datsun Laughing , yes, it's Japanese Laughing ......but Censored me that thing can move......2.7 secs 0-60 Shocked Thud ....... Oh yes please. Cool Mr. Green Bow down ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #441708 Thu Nov 06 2014 1:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1