Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Steering/Suspension issue - LR won't fix under warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

andyb68

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Steering/Suspension issue - LR won't fix under warranty

Hi,
Firstly apologies if this is a common issue or re-post, I searched the forums but couldn't quite find the same thing...

I took my car to dealer (in Stockport) for a free winter 20-point health check. I wasn't expecting anything major, I knew the brake pads and discs were reaching the end of their life, but they highlighted a couple of things under steering/suspension checks:-

Lower Steering Shaft Worn
Both bottom ball joints slight play.

I asked about this being covered under 'Select' warranty (the car is a '55 plate with 80K miles). They said they would put it to LR. I've been chasing a week (after they said they'd get back to me on the afternoon my car was in!) and have said that LR have not approved the work. I asked if there was a reason why, but of course there wasn't, so I've asked them to find out.

Has anyone had a warranty repair for this before? I'd not complained of an issue (i.e. no knocking or shudder etc) so maybe I need to describe a fault (or TSB) to hang a warranty claim on (in case that would help). Or am I being shafted for wear and tear, rather than mechanical issue that needs a fix?

Many thanks.

Post #322011 Mon Nov 21 2011 8:50pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mate a 6 yr old car with 80k on you aint got a hope in hell of getting consumable parts replaced, Range Rover Sport has drop links rather than ball joints but its a common fault and unless its low miles or a relatively new car LR aint gonna replace em.

Regads the steering shaft i think your challange there is the miles yous car has done, as some point they need to draw a line under warranty claims and i suspect that your car simply to high in the miles for them to entertain. Nothing wrong with pushing back and contacting LR youself or asking the dealer to try again of course but i think your fighting an uphill battle. Good luck Thumbs Up

Post #322060 Tue Nov 22 2011 9:56am
mse

United Kingdom 

Consumable part on a high mileage car - definitely not something i would have expected warranty to cover Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #322148 Tue Nov 22 2011 4:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1