RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Land rover Experience - any ideas
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dazsear

England 
Land rover Experience - any ideas

Well I really ought to use the Experience ticket that James & Co have given me but no idea where to go.

If I was honest, i don't really want to drive miles & miles to the site so I guess it will have to be either East of England or Cheshire, anyone here been to both... which is best???

Daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #304410 Wed Jun 29 2011 11:59am
SRE

Spain 

How about Solihull, plan it right and maybe get a factory tour in as well.

http://www.landrover.com/gl/en/lr/experien.../solihull/ In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #304414 Wed Jun 29 2011 12:33pm
V8TDSPORT

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I'm off to the rockingham site on July 14th. Will let you know whats it like RRS TDV8, 22 rims, Privacy Glass, Premuim ICE plus Leather, Sun Roof, Stornoway Grey.

Audi RS4 Avant gone but not forgotten
Audi S4 Avant gone for good, thank god.

Post #304468 Wed Jun 29 2011 7:21pm
Portman Len

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I live in Suffolk and recently did the LRE at Milton Keynes, and had such a fantastic time driving a Sport, that I have re-booked again at the new Luton Hoo site next month.

When you do book, try and request to drive the Sport as they do also have Disco's and Freelanders as well. Trust me when I say you'll have a great time and will really learn a lot about what the car can do off-road.

Once I've done the new track at Luton Hoo, I'll post a report.

Post #304477 Wed Jun 29 2011 8:41pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

I did Luton Hoo a few weeks ago and I'm sorry to say it is very tame and sterile. The reception building is lovely but the course which is concrete and man made is small and Very boring. There is a tiny stretch of woods they then take you through to finish off which is slightly better but it was a big disappointment. If you've never done any off roading you might think it's ok. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #304496 Wed Jun 29 2011 10:51pm
Portman Len

RichardM wrote:
I did Luton Hoo a few weeks ago and I'm sorry to say it is very tame and sterile. The reception building is lovely but the course which is concrete and man made is small and Very boring. There is a tiny stretch of woods they then take you through to finish off which is slightly better but it was a big disappointment. If you've never done any off roading you might think it's ok.

Did you ever drive the circuit at their old site in Milton Keynes before they moved to Luton Hoo? Just wondering how the two compared in your opinion.

Cheers,

Post #304527 Thu Jun 30 2011 9:10am
nathanh1

United Kingdom 

I done the milton keynes one 2 months ago and was a great day, I was completely shocked to see what my sport could do! highly recommend it! shame its given me a serious bug for offroading, cant seem to find any offroad meets down south though?

Post #304528 Thu Jun 30 2011 9:17am
Portman Len

nathanh1 wrote:
I done the milton keynes one 2 months ago and was a great day, I was completely shocked to see what my sport could do! highly recommend it! shame its given me a serious bug for offroading, cant seem to find any offroad meets down south though?

I agree. We went to Milton Keynes just after we put our deposit down on our Sport, and we specifically asked to drive the Sport so as we could learn what the car is truly capable of. The afternoon at Milton Keynes was truly dreadful weather wise and there was mud everywhere which made the whole experience so much better - the car was unbelievable in muddy conditions and to say I was impressed would be a massive understatement.

Since taking delivery of my new car back in March I have taken it off-road once at a Land Rover owners event, and loved every minute except for when the rear bumper got caught on a tree stump on exit and partially pinged off. It all clipped back in ok with some very minor damage (all of which has been repaired) but if you get the chance, do it. Must admit that all of the seasoned Land Rover owners in their Defenders must have thought I was mad, and as I had to follow them in a convoy, at the end they all said that they were SERIOUSLY impressed with what the Sport could do, especially as I had standard 20" road tyres on.

Post #304531 Thu Jun 30 2011 9:49am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I'm going on the 27th of july to coniston hall near skipton, is anyone else going on that day?? I think foxy might be tagging along with me Thumbs Up

Post #304557 Thu Jun 30 2011 1:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Portman Len wrote:
RichardM wrote:
I did Luton Hoo a few weeks ago and I'm sorry to say it is very tame and sterile. The reception building is lovely but the course which is concrete and man made is small and Very boring. There is a tiny stretch of woods they then take you through to finish off which is slightly better but it was a big disappointment. If you've never done any off roading you might think it's ok.

Did you ever drive the circuit at their old site in Milton Keynes before they moved to Luton Hoo? Just wondering how the two compared in your opinion.

Cheers,

Yes I did, I've been there 3 times. It's definitely worse as it's so man made. Maybe it will get better with age and with a bit of rain but at the moment it is so dry and concrete a multi story car park is as much of a challenge! WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #304672 Fri Jul 01 2011 9:36pm
Portman Len

RichardM wrote:
Portman Len wrote:
RichardM wrote:

Cheers,

Yes I did, I've been there 3 times. It's definitely worse as it's so man made. Maybe it will get better with age and with a bit of rain but at the moment it is so dry and concrete a multi story car park is as much of a challenge!

Thanks for that. Think I might give it a miss then and possibly look at doing another experience at another site. Crying or Very sad

Post #304734 Sat Jul 02 2011 2:00pm
Gerico

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

RichardM wrote:

I second that. I went with a couple of guys from work on Saturday thanks to the Facebook freebie I saw on here. Thanks guys. I think if I had paid, as some on the day had then I would have been disappointed. We started around 9 and were all finished just before 12.

We each drove about 20 to 25 minutes on road and then did once each round the mini circuit. It had also been hot so not much mud either! The RRS was a bog standard HSE so some of the goodies like surround camera's, that I really wanted to see, were only talked about.

The woods section was probably only about 500 metres or so and apparently they can only use a little bit of it. The local residents are not happy they are there or about the mud they leave on the road either.

Fortunately, my previous test drive was a couple of hours long courtesy of Riders Land Rover in Truro and I've been round the off road course at Solihull albeit a long, long time ago.

Just my two penneth worth, the morning was okay but could have been much, much better.

Richard

Post #304839 Sun Jul 03 2011 5:14pm
Portman Len

Ok. Luton Hoo now cancelled, and I am considering going to the East of England venue at Rockingham instead. Anyone been and if so, what's it like?

BTW, tried using the voucher for the Solihull Experience (and factory tour) which you are not allowed to do - apparently the factory tour/Solihull Experience is paid for. Crying or Very sad [/u]

Post #304914 Mon Jul 04 2011 1:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1