RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Not sure what to do?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Buster007

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Not sure what to do?

I have bought a private plate for my RRS, been waiting just over two weeks for all the paperwork to arrive which it just has - well part of it anyway!
I've only received the Log Book back today with the new registration details on it – great! No new tax disk with new the reg? So what do I do - put new plates on because the car is now registered with the new plates but display the old tax disk with my original number plate on it. Or leave my original number plates on to match the tax disk but I will be displaying the wrong registration number??
Can somebody help? Banging Head Cheers Laurence.

Post #302581 Sat Jun 11 2011 7:14pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

When i changed my private plate over i went to my local DVLA office and they gave me my new tax disc there and then, correct me if i'm wrong it is noted on the DVLA database that there is a change over in place and they allow a few days grace to allow this to happen, previous to this with my other vehicle i was told that i could use my current tax disc until my new tax disc arrives in the post, so my plates said one thing and my tax said another, but make sure your insurance is for the plates you are using on the car at that time, otherwise you will get tugged for not having insurance, so the answer is yes you can use your old tax disc till your new one arrives Thumbs Up unless the law has changed again recently.
Ady

Post #302586 Sat Jun 11 2011 7:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 

The whole process has changed I found out when putting my private plate on the RRS.

The best thing is to speak to the DVLA - all the paperwork went and came back really quickly for me (log book to me, paperwork to dealer) but the tax disc refund has already taken 8 weeks! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #302625 Sun Jun 12 2011 10:22am
timcom0

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

mse wrote:
The whole process has changed I found out when putting my private plate on the RRS.

The best thing is to speak to the DVLA - all the paperwork went and came back really quickly for me (log book to me, paperwork to dealer) but the tax disc refund has already taken 8 weeks!
I just run on the private plate with existing tax disc as any check ran will highlight both number plates taxed linked to same vehicle, I have done this about eight times now and never any problems.

Post #302635 Sun Jun 12 2011 1:53pm
BIG DJ

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

You usually receive the new tax disc & number plate authorisation certificate before the log book comes back!!!

Post #302636 Sun Jun 12 2011 1:54pm
mrfixit

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You CANNOT put the plates on untill your new tax disk arrives,I bought my plate a couple of months ago and it clearly stated that on the paperwork.

Post #302637 Sun Jun 12 2011 2:14pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Here You Are

Full explanation here Thumbs Up
http://www.plates4less.co.uk/number-plates...nsferring1

Post #302640 Sun Jun 12 2011 3:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Buster007

Re: Here You Are

Ady 555 wrote:
Full explanation here Thumbs Up
http://www.plates4less.co.uk/number-plates...nsferring1

Mmmmmmm................

Think I might leave it in the garage until I receive everything as I have already changed the plate over!!

Thanks guys! Cheers Laurence.

Post #302653 Sun Jun 12 2011 8:11pm
Sabre1966

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I called in to the dvl a office in Chelmsford and they swapped it for me there and then!

Post #302656 Sun Jun 12 2011 8:37pm
Mitch6176

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

To back up a couple of the other posts above, take your new V5 log book and you're "old" tax disk to your local DVLA office and they should swap old for new there and then.

I've done this on three occassions now and never had any problem. Just to be safe I always took along the private plate DVLA certificate too, but they never asked to see it, only the log book with the new private reg on it.

Post #302674 Mon Jun 13 2011 8:52am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

As above, they will also give you a new mot certificate if applicable so take your old one with you aswel. But if you've already sent it off in the post and you have the log book with the new plate details which you say you have then i would run the vehicle with the old tax disc, i was told i could do this in the past, until the new one arrives, at the end of the day your vehicle is taxed one way or another and the police will know this if dvla have updated their records. Thumbs Up

Post #302675 Mon Jun 13 2011 9:01am
Endjin

Scotland 

+1 , Yep, Exactly what I did too. Get yourself down to your DVLA office and they will sort it for you Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #302687 Mon Jun 13 2011 12:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1