RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > lr006792 fitting guide??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tommy-boy

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
lr006792 fitting guide??

well i have got myself a lr006792 audio conectivity module which will allow me to conect my ipod and enable track controll and volume controll from the steering wheel etc... for my 08My HSE

now i'v been using the "search" like a mad man but have found nothing... could have sworn i'v seen one befor but Censored if i can find it now.

Anyone done/ know of a fitting guide??

the module itself is compleat with conector blocks for Aux socket in stereo and also has 4 loose wires (Red,Black,Green and Blue)

now i assume that red and black are negative and positive, but unsure if that is with ignition on or off?? and the Green and Blue wires i'm clueless?

Anyone fitted one?? any tips??

i would rather fit this myself than ask a dealer, as it cant be that hard? or can it?? 08MY HSE 3.6 TDV8 Stornoway Grey, Twisted performance cat back... and shed loads of extras!!!

Post #288806 Fri Feb 11 2011 8:07pm
AG09

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Zermatt Silver

This should be what you need though it is for an older model number I think it is the same.

Connectivity Kit

There shouldn't be any loose wires, the whole thing is plug in plug out.

You can do it yourself if you are brave at pulling bits of trim off...! I didn't mount the cradle where you are supposed to instead I got the latest lead (without cradle) and ran it into the glove box with the control unit behind the glove box. If you use the original version with cradle and remove the retaining clip from the cradle it fits and iPhone nicely.

It's a very hand little unit to have. I use it with both my iPod and my iPhone 4. Allan

Post #288841 Sat Feb 12 2011 3:25am
tommy-boy

cheers matey, thats the puppy i was looking for.

will be giving it a bash myself, not to hard. Loom looks slighty diffrent as i only have two conector blocks (one male one female)

the cut wires i have arnt showing any of the core wire.... so maby they aren not needed and its been manufactured like that.

think i'll get the latest lead also as i will be mounting in the top glove box, as i dont need it for my iphone.

cheers again 08MY HSE 3.6 TDV8 Stornoway Grey, Twisted performance cat back... and shed loads of extras!!!

Post #288859 Sat Feb 12 2011 10:19am
tommy-boy

Fooking typical the loom has been cut for the larger of the two conectors.

So I do have 4 wires that need to be spliced into the main loom.

Anyone have any ideas regarding the larger of the conector blocks and the wiring.I have 4 cut wires which are red, blue, green and black? Anyone have a wiring diagram or anyone got one fitted who would be kind enough to see which wires are going where on there setup?? 08MY HSE 3.6 TDV8 Stornoway Grey, Twisted performance cat back... and shed loads of extras!!!

Post #289000 Sun Feb 13 2011 5:39pm
CrazyDave

Tommy, this rather helpful link that was put up on the D3 site has an article may help identify the wires mate, the LR version is no good as it is tiny and in black and white.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/lr004805.htm

Also, I am on the look out for one of these kits if anybody has one that may come up for sale Thumbs Up

Cheers 06 D3 SE Auto Cairns with Alpacca

We are taking part in the H4H 2011 European Rally. Please take a look at our fundraising page: www.bmycharity.com/teamconqueror

The Rally: http://www.h4hrally.co.uk/

Post #289135 Mon Feb 14 2011 11:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1