Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > My New Toy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Gilmore

United Kingdom 
My New Toy

Evenin'

So, I've been spending a lot of time away from 'home' lately and after dropping everything and moving to the City for a fresh start 6 months ago, I decided It'd be nice to acquire a little weekend toy for when I go back home every now and then.

I searched around for a while, figured I wanted something that was relatively cheap to insure, not full of electrics that'd go wrong, something small and nibble, something that won't cost a lot to buy but also won't depreciate heavily should I wish to get rid of it quickly and finally, the most import, put a great big beaming smile on my face everytime I got in and out of it.

This is what I came up with:

She's a 106 Rallye S2 with just over 100k on the clock, in good all round condition and the majority of the car is exactly as it left the factory. I believe the only modifications to the car are the 3' Pugsport exhaust and the lowered suspension of around 30mm.

I've just taken her out for a 'christening' and have to say I'm truly, madly and deeply in love with her.

Now, I completely understand that It won't be everybodies taste and I'm completely fine with that, just please don't tar it with the same brush as the Saxo's you see racing around your local McDonalds' car park. This particular model has very much a enthusiast base of owners who are genuinely concerned about the last few hundreds of these models that remain, so I better do my best not to bin it! Shocked

The only thing the car requires is maybe a front-end respray to clear the stonechips and a small scratch to the rear arch, I won't worry about that for now, I'll fix that come the time of selling.

Now the real dilemma is this, do I make it 'track ready' or should I try and restore it to it's original condition?

I look forward to hearing your views. :thumbsup:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  -Michael

Post #278609 Sun Oct 24 2010 9:27pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Now the real dilemma is this, do I make it 'track ready' or should I try and restore it to it's original condition? Whistle  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #278616 Sun Oct 24 2010 10:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1